FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Now, know what else would be interesting, apart from the peaceful ending? A victory route consisting on a train of blue choices that starts at the flagship AI awakening event window. Something about either negotiating with said AI isntead, or plain preventing said AI from awakening, probably requiring a hacking system, an internal generator, an internal effector and a weapon-mounteed effector, and an AI Avatar on the crew.

Wow that would be a third, even more secret ending. Sounds cool. :)

Russian Rockman wrote:NEW ACHIEVEMENT, get the Secret Diplomatic Victory AND don't attack, or at least don't kill, any ships your entire playthrough. :twisted:

Part of the reason for making this alternative ending was to enable true pacifist runs. ;) I theories, you can "beat" the game without destroying a ship or killing a single enemy crew member. The Zoltan ships even make this a little easier, because you can get more out of surrender and have a trade advantage with Zoltan B. It is still a pretty big challenge to get all the necessary upgrades on the way though. I doubt anyone has done a true pacifist run that so far.
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed May 14, 2014 12:15 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Mr. Mister wrote:Now, know what else would be interesting, apart from the peaceful ending? A victory route consisting on a train of blue choices that starts at the flagship AI awakening event window. Something about either negotiating with said AI isntead, or plain preventing said AI from awakening, probably requiring a hacking system, an internal generator, an internal effector and a weapon-mounteed effector, and an AI Avatar on the crew.

Wow that would be a third, even more secret ending. Sounds cool. :)


But where will it end!!! :lol: How many endings will there be?!

I actually think it would be cool if each faction had a different ending.

Or at least I had this idea where, if you have a faction specific augment, or you do that factions quest the will help you somehow in one of the stages of the Boss.

That AI one is actually practical, you could have the AI suffocate the entire enemy crew. The Zoltan quest I thought, maybe they could convince like half the fleet to back off but the flagship refuses and so you still have to fight but maybe now some federation ships can provide additional ASB fire or something...
User avatar
Estel
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Estel » Wed May 14, 2014 4:26 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:It is still a pretty big challenge to get all the necessary upgrades on the way though. I doubt anyone has done a true pacifist run that so far.


Pacifism run? :lol: I doubt anyone ever beat CE (not infinite) on hard, yet, with or without vanilla player ship loadout. It would be interesting "king of achievements", though.

/Estel
ScubaSteve3465
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:01 pm

Sleeper I know you have a lot of stuff on your plate right now, integrating Detailed Portraits among other things. I was wondering if you could make an optional patch kinda like Infinite but for the Corpses mod. It really brings a huge amount of realism to the game and it was compatible with CE for awhile until the Dev went dark. He gave permission for his mod to be used so that isn't a problem. It shouldn't be to hard to integrate it since all the ground work is already in place. Let me know what you think.
Torchwood202
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Torchwood202 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Sooo... despite this newly born idea for adding new endings, I would still like to know how to progress after you acquire full shields. :D
Tell me ONLY what you need after full shields, no third or fourth or even fifth clue... I must solve this!
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 14, 2014 7:14 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Sleeper I know you have a lot of stuff on your plate right now, integrating Detailed Portraits among other things. I was wondering if you could make an optional patch kinda like Infinite but for the Corpses mod. It really brings a huge amount of realism to the game and it was compatible with CE for awhile until the Dev went dark. He gave permission for his mod to be used so that isn't a problem. It shouldn't be to hard to integrate it since all the ground work is already in place. Let me know what you think.

I find it a little incoherent that the mod always spawns the same same crew variations and could never take the actual crew appearances into account. It's only a minor incoherency but it still bugs me. But that should not stop you from maybe just making the patch yourself.

Torchwood202 wrote:Sooo... despite this newly born idea for adding new endings, I would still like to know how to progress after you acquire full shields. :D
Tell me ONLY what you need after full shields, no third or fourth or even fifth clue... I must solve this!

OK, alright, here it comes. Are you ready?

Code: Select all

Secret Ending Spoilers Ahead















Fully upgraded medbay is the third thing you need.
Torchwood202
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Torchwood202 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:08 pm

OK, alright, here it comes. Are you ready?


Uhhh... I tried again with your advice, and no blue option showed up for having what you said... :cry:

I know that every single one of you have that feeling where you truly believe you'll beat the final boss with your set-up, and you end up dying horribly. :lol:
Last edited by Torchwood202 on Wed May 14, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrinceHeru
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby PrinceHeru » Wed May 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Alright so I have a current issue with CE Loot Addon for Infinite 1.0e , I able to load all the others and my Java is at 1000 MB so I have max spacing. What the problem is that its not loading after the code

at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.run(ModPatchThread.java:88)

I'm currently on a Mac 10.6.8 but manage to find a Java that can run SlipStream. So I need a bit of help, what is going on and why isn't it not proceeding, its not frozen but its not uploading the data. I've tried without CE Loot and it works just fine, but why isn't it working? Is there currently something I'm missing?
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 14, 2014 8:43 pm

O
Torchwood202 wrote:Uhhh... I tried again with your advice, and no blue option showed up for having what you said... :cry:

I know that every single one of you have that feeling where you truly believe you'll beat the final boss with your set-up, and you end up dying horribly. :lol:

Ooops :oops: I did not remember the order in which things are checked correctly.

Code: Select all

More Secret Ending Spoilers Ahead













You need fully upgraded engines as well.


PrinceHeru wrote:Alright so I have a current issue with CE Loot Addon for Infinite 1.0e , I able to load all the others and my Java is at 1000 MB so I have max spacing.

I don't know, maybe you still need more headspace? You can also ask for help in the SMM thread. There is a chance that it just does not work out for you.
User avatar
Estel
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Estel » Thu May 15, 2014 12:33 am

Sleeper Service wrote:I find it a little incoherent that the mod always spawns the same same crew variations and could never take the actual crew appearances into account. It's only a minor incoherency but it still bugs me. But that should not stop you from maybe just making the patch yourself.


Ough. What a nice way of telling "FOff" ;) Seriously though, while I actually suggested this myself some months ago, +1 for incorporating corpses into CE's core, again. After all, you have those "not surviving prisoners" etc, so it shouldn't be too incoherent, that pirates/slavers show some human corpses scattered around. As for all other factions (Mantises, Rebels, Slugs, etc), it's actually *always* coherent with the crew type on board. Unless you think about colours of suit ETC, but I think that when you were just blown up in super-heated fuel explosion and sucked into space, your skin/suit may appear a little "generic"... For someone catching a glimpse of your corpse, for less than 2 seconds before you disintegrate for good.

Of course, it's not big deal, but since much bigger and controversial changes (like alternative crew portraits) are incorporated, so I don't think that corpses would be so much problematic, for anyone. I would incorporate them myself thousands times already, if I had a slightest idea what causes every new version of CE to make modified corpses gibs incompatible.
---

Anyway, got my first (literally, first ever) crash with CE:
http://s2.postimg.org/ckcbp31rr/crash1.jpg

It happened in Lanius sector, while jumping to distress beacon, exactly this one marked below:
http://s17.postimg.org/u1a8abncd/crash2.jpg

Crashlog:

Code: Select all

Version =  1.5.10

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x77c25b61 assert
2 - 0x006b15de
3 - 0x00539015
4 - 0x004b885f
5 - 0x0040495d
6 - 0x0065b598
7 - 0x0074f7eb
8 - 0x004010fd


...and stdout:

Code: Select all

http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?934949018abbfc25#I0R4MYmuLZp/NAd8j3KGdCD9uBFJIFglWcROw2aT3S4=


I hope it helps,
/Estel

// Edit

As a follow-up of:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12367&p=77929#p77901

... As I didn't wanted to clutter Corpses thread with off-topic:

Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah that might be true and I'm not too happy with that. Any suggestion how that could be improved? I try to give visibility to the assets of other people that are included in the mod. They are all listed in the OP and such. I guess the people that contributed could also appear on the title screen... maybe that should happen from the next release onwards.


No, it is not true, at least in the unlikely case that someone asks me ;) I think that CE gives all proper credits where it is applicable + some more. Including everyone that ever did any smallest mod using vanilla FTL resources in the title screen (without any disrespect - I think small mods, sometimes, bring the most brilliant ideas) would just clutter it and make it *very* incomprehensible.

In my humble opinion, the only people that are included in the title screen should be ones that created something totally from scratch (i.e. not based on actual vanilla FTL content) - like it's done with additional music. For all others, there is credits section in OP, credits in SMM mod description, etc...

Otherwise, we're getting dangerously close to Oscars-like "thank the entire f... world", as we should put original FTL authors in every credits too, then authors of all FOSS stuff they used to created FTL, then authors of FOSS stuff that was used to create said FOSS stuff... We would be only around middle of the credits when hitting Linus Torvards and Bill Gates, probably. sorry for a bit of irony, but that "ego-stuff" in corpses thread got me irritated, a little.

/Estel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests