(SHIP) The Blazing Raider

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sleepz8

(SHIP) The Blazing Raider

Postby sleepz8 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:49 pm

The Mantis are renowned for their fast ships and boarding parties, however they aren't well known for their intelligence. A Mantis crew lost The Blazing Raider in poker game with some smugglers. The smugglers went on to be captured by federation forces who decided to use the ship for oppressing rebellious citizens

My Seventh ship. Made out of recoloured FTL ship parts so nothing too new. It seems stable to me, but if you think anything needs changing let me know :D. I mainly made this ship to showcase a few of my weapons :L This is a boarding ship. It's low base power makes you choose between teleporting crew or powering weapons early on.
WARNING:
This modifies the colour of crystal lockdowns, if you don't like them you'll need to disable this mod OR delete the 'people' image folder (by opening the mod's .ftl with 7zip etc.)

Starting Systems:
Power = 6
Shields 2
Engines 2
O2 1
Weapons 3 (4 slots)
Clonebay 1
Piloting 1
Sensors 2
Doors 1
Teleport 1

Augments:
Reconstructive Teleport

Comes with two of my custom weapons:
Magma Bomb, causes fires and locks down rooms:
Poison Beam, damages crew and creates breaches:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzpkugsl1mgp8jy/Blazing_Raider.ftl?dl=0

Check out my in-prog weapon mod here!!!! : http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29048
Last edited by sleepz8 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: (SHIP) The Blazing Raider

Postby stylesrj » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:02 pm

I take it that when it comes to Automated ships, you'll have to flee as quickly as possible, right?
Just like the Mantis B or Crystal B, right?
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Yeh, this ship really doesn't cope well with automated ships early on. Quite a bit of choice when it comes to crew extermination though :D!!!!
JT03_X

Postby JT03_X » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:34 pm

Having some trouble with the ship layout, its not lined up properly
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:57 pm

How so? You mean that the floor is a little over the edge of the ship?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:01 pm

JT03_X wrote:Having some trouble with the ship layout, its not lined up properly
The mod is fine, you are just missing advanced edition (I elaborated on that in the thread where you asked about ship mods not working correctly).
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:02 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
JT03_X wrote:Having some trouble with the ship layout, its not lined up properly
The mod is fine, you are just missing advanced edition (I elaborated on that in the thread where you asked about ship mods not working correctly).

Hey, thanks for that!!! I wasn't sure what was up :S
JT03_X

Postby JT03_X » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately I can't get AE because my game is torrented, I use my school computer to play it. I'm saving up to get my own PC and this game is definitely at the top of my list to get legitly when I do.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:24 pm

JT03_X wrote:I'm saving up to get my own PC and this game is definitely at the top of my list to get legitly when I do.

and, the game goes on sale rather frequently.

stylesrj wrote:I take it that when it comes to Automated ships, you'll have to flee as quickly as possible, right?
Just like the Mantis B or Crystal B, right?

well not exactly. you start with clonebay, so you can technically defeat auto ships (albeit tediously) without losing crew members. on crystal B, the reduced suffocation speed of the crystal enables you to level up crew damage skill. however, the offensive capability comes at the cost of having to sustain enemy fire. it's this central question of whether or not to flee based on whether or not you can take on ships

this ship is in a similar position because even though you have the basic starting defense capability most ships have -- you only have 2 crew, so in order to take out auto ships effectively/quickly you need to send in both of your crew members (this goes for any ship really). making your ship non-piloted poses a serious threat but not doing so makes your boarding strategy ineffective. pair this with starting with lack of power and you've got yourself a serious challenge.
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Wooot, challenge :D!!! However if you can make it a few sectors, it'll become pretty powerful (like every ship I guess?)
Anyway, do you feel it's balanced enough? Any changes you think I should make to the ship and/or weapons?