[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SgtFrog

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby SgtFrog » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:35 am

Russian Rockman wrote:
SgtFrog wrote:
rannl wrote:It's not randomizing my B and C ships and I'm not sure why. Neither AE or ACE option when I use the Random Ship Generator.

Are you sure you have the latest version.... 1.3.0?

Well, don't I feel stupid. I was running one of the very first versions (the randomized ships didn't even have "Rand-" names, that's how old it was).
ManDude

Postby ManDude » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:14 am

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you rannl. I recently maxed out my vanilla AE and was ready to hang the cleats for an extended time till I found this mod. I was so completely sick of the standard ships that I had no drive to even play any of my favorites.

I'm currently in run 7 of my first seed, I got addicted quick. I will probably never play vanilla AE again. This is my new standard. What's best is that you can get so much out of one seed and can re-roll later(which I have yet to do).

So far I've seen no balance issues/bugs. Some ships can be strongish looking, but I just died with one of the best layouts in my current seed. That's FTL.

Without the mod community this game would've become stale. Thanks to all that have contributed to the FTL scene.
rannl

Postby rannl » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Thanks, ManDude! Getting this feedback means a lot.
Keep up having fun with the Randtrel, and if you have any suggestions for future improvements, feel free to share them here.

Been rather busy lately, with work and life in general. Hopefully I'll do some updating to this mod and to the flagship randomizer.
JakePearce149

Postby JakePearce149 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:02 am

I'm having one issue with this mod, and its a major one. It won't collaborate with other mods. Specifically captains Edition. I am using a Captains edition compatible Randtrel.ftl file when I use Randtrel, and I have the most recent version, But I get a C++ Error. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
rannl

Postby rannl » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:46 am

JakePearce149 wrote:I'm having one issue with this mod, and its a major one. It won't collaborate with other mods. Specifically captains Edition. I am using a Captains edition compatible Randtrel.ftl file when I use Randtrel, and I have the most recent version, But I get a C++ Error. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Can you post the order in which you patch mods in SMM ? And the specific c++ error your getting ?
JakePearce149

Postby JakePearce149 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:46 pm

rannl wrote:
JakePearce149 wrote:I'm having one issue with this mod, and its a major one. It won't collaborate with other mods. Specifically captains Edition. I am using a Captains edition compatible Randtrel.ftl file when I use Randtrel, and I have the most recent version, But I get a C++ Error. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Can you post the order in which you patch mods in SMM ? And the specific c++ error your getting ?

I'm getting a C++ error where it says the application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

and my mod order is

CE Resource Pack 1.25
FTL Captains Edition 1.25
CE Additional Music Addon 1.248
Disable Fleet
Randtrel

I just tried it again and the game opened, and I was able to get to the hangar. but when I Started scrolling through ships, the game stopped responding.
JakePearce149

Postby JakePearce149 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:46 pm

rannl wrote:

I'm getting a C++ error where it says the application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

and my mod order is

CE Resource Pack 1.25
FTL Captains Edition 1.25
CE Additional Music Addon 1.248
Disable Fleet
Randtrel

I just tried it again and the game opened, and I was able to get to the hangar. but when I Started scrolling through ships, the game stopped responding.
rannl

Postby rannl » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Your CE version is outdated.
Try updating your CE resource pack and main CE mods (to v1.271), then repatch in the same order. If the crash persists, try not patching the disable fleet mod.
JakePearce149

Postby JakePearce149 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:13 pm

I updated CE, and it still continues to give me the same error. I also get the error when I patch without the Disable fleet mod.
rannl

Postby rannl » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:59 pm

JakePearce149 wrote:I updated CE, and it still continues to give me the same error. I also get the error when I patch without the Disable fleet mod.

Can you share the .ftl generated file which has caused the crash (via mediafire, dropbox, etc..)?
I'd like to try and patch it on my end.
Also, did you try generating other .ftl files and patching them as well? If so, did all of them cause the assertion failure in the hangar, when selecting the same ship/s ?