v1.2 has been released:
- There's a commandline interface (which can zip named folders as it patches).
- The main window's geometry is saved on exit.
- Periodic checks for SMM updates.
- Runs FTL after patching on Linux.
- Fixed critical bugs in InputStreams returned by my FTLDat.
- The first post's broken flattr link has been replaced with a sourceforge donation page.
- Behind the scenes, all text will be converted to Windows-1252 ANSI encoding, because apparently that's what FTL expects (on all platforms, ignoring all hints to the contrary, even though vanilla resources claim to be UTF-8. ).
Only non-ASCII characters are affected, as in the "Spanish Mod".
Modders don't need to do anything different.
This nuisance is only relevant for people manually altering dats.
But the following is what makes this a *major* update.
During patching, SMM will now try to understand and interpret all the XML in mods.
This has several effects:
- A custom sloppy parser will be used if strict parsing fails.
- Common typos will be overlooked and effectively 'repaired', as the meaning of the XML is used to re-generate text to go in the dats.
This repair means mods won't make the SavedGame Editor crash anymore.
- If there's a bug in the custom parser, that could possibly cause legitimate XML to be misinterpreted without an error.
- It adds SPECIAL TAGS FOR ADVANCED APPENDING!!! *Kermit flail*
For example, you can reach into the Mantis ship, remove all its existing weapons, and insert your own.
Code: Select all
<mod:findName type="shipBlueprint" name="PLAYER_SHIP_MANTIS">
<mod:findLike type="weapon" limit="-1"><mod:removeTag /></mod:findLike>
<mod-append:weapon name="LASER_BURST_3" />
<mod:setAttributes count="1" />
You can insert extra events into eventLists.
Code: Select all
<mod:findName type="eventList" name="NO_FUEL">
<mod-append:event load="MAL_FALLS_DOWN" />
Or you can chain-load events instead of replacing.
- Find an existing event, and change its name to something obscure.
- Append your own event with the normal name.
- Then load= the renamed event from choices in your event.
- See the "Engi Scrap Advantage" demo mod, and "readme_modders.txt", for details.
There's also a built-in text editor to experiment with the new tags (under the File menu).
Pick a resource from the dat, write a snippet, and it shows what would happen.