Boarding drone crash bug

General discussion about the game.
Ulminati

Boarding drone crash bug

Postby Ulminati » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:16 am

I've had this happen to me in two games tonight. I've been flying the kestrel in both of them. On stage 2 of the boss fight, a boarding drone is sent towards my ship. It'll breach a room (the room to the right of the teleporter in both cases for me) but it won't move to attack anything. Sending any of my crew into or through the room causes the game to freeze and I have to ctrl+alt+del to kill the process.

I'm guessing the boarding drone AI glitches somehow and sending crew members into the room causes an infinite loop when the game tries to make them target each other. So long as I leave the breached room alone, the game doesn't seem to mind.
TenLetters

Re: Boarding drone crash bug

Postby TenLetters » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:17 am

You should report it here:

https://getsatisfaction.com/ftlgame
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Boarding drone crash bug

Postby Matthew » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Sorry it's been awhile. Had Steam definitely kept FTL up to date, or any chance you turned off updates? I thought I updated a fix for that 2 days before you made the post. I'll go check it out again though. The stage 2 lockup has been one of the last remaining known crashes in the game and I've long suspected the boarding drone is the culprit.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here