Unlocking stealth b

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Infiltrator

Unlocking stealth b

Postby Infiltrator » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:26 am

What are the easier 2 options? I'm killed a drone ship outright with stealth but I didn't get the achievement.. is it easiest to just evade every fight and just go straight for sector 8, and then just suicide into something in that sector but dodge his 2 first rockets/lasers?
Skarthe

Re: Unlocking stealth b

Postby Skarthe » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:28 am

All three are relatively easy, though 2 and 3 are probably the easiest to do together; to dodge the 9 points of damage, it's usually easiest to go into Rebel Flagship phase 3 and wait for the power surge and triple-laser to go off at similar timing, then pop your cloak before they land.

I do think the detection on the first achievement (destroying a ship in one cloak) is kinda weird though, it took a couple tries before it registered for me. Try maxing cloak early, then waiting for all of your weapons to be off cooldown before you cloak and immediately fire everything.
omegaai

Postby omegaai » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:57 pm

The destroying of ship in cloak achievement only works when the ships explosion animation also finishes before the cloak, so the enemy has to go from full health to not being displayed on right side at all within a cloak.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 am

Unless you get the stealth weapon augment, you'll have to upgrade your stealth system to get that achievement, as the lasers reduce your cloak time substantially. It's not hard to get the no hazards one just playing normally unless you get unlucky and have no choice but to go through one. Other than the boss, it's kind of hard to get the dodge 9 damage one, but it's doable late game. Keep an eye out for enemies with 2 burst laser IIIs, as they should fire at the same time.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Since it says 9 pts of damage, Heavy Lasers help with getting the achievement as they do 2 damage per shot. Some late game ships can give you this achievment.

The other two are less dependant on chance, so you should aim for them. The reward will be the hardest ship to fly though, so maybe don't try too hard. :lol:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
afedyuki

Postby afedyuki » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:40 am

It took me awhile to figure out how to destroy a ship during a single cloak. That was before I realized that beams don't break cloak. So, you fire your blasters, bombs and missiles, immediately cloak (before they hit the target) and as soon as your volley hits (hopefully), hit it with your beam. It helps to have lvl2 cloak (which is a good idea anyway).
BurzerKing

Postby BurzerKing » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 am

Another method to killing an enemy in one stealth is to fight the Unarmed Zoltan Transport as it has no shields (no fancy Zoltan shield) or weapons.

http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Unarmed_Zoltan_Transport

It may be morally bankrupt, but it gets you the achievemnt!
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:11 am

I used an exploit. If you beat up on an enemy until his hull is very low, jump away, then go back, it will count as a new fight for the purposes of the achievement, and knocking down 1 or 2 HP is very easy to do in one volley.