Easy mode ludicrously hard

General discussion about the game.
Mottikhan
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby Mottikhan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Well, I hate to derail the thread by getting back on topic, but what the hell?

As I said before, if you think the game is too hard, you can pick up a lot of information in the forums here. Everyone is going to have their own opinions as far as the difficulty and all of these opinions are right from their own perspective. Problems arise when someone goes as far as to say the game is badly designed when it doesn't meet their expectations.

FTL is highly moddable, as is shown by the myriad mods posted on these forums. You can mod it yourself if you want.

The developers made a good, fun game that costs way below the market norm. Playability is incredibly high and the vast majority of us keep coming back for another round. True bugs are very rare. (I also reported a "bug" that turned out to be a needed feature simply because it didn't make sense to me.)

To sum it up, this game is in no way broken. It doesn't need to be fixed.
samseng813
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 am

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby samseng813 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Relax and be cool. Take a break from this topic.
Please take a look on below comic. We might seen this happen anywhere.

http://www.dorkly.com/comic/41587/the-d ... ar-players.


Cheer :D
StealthCl0wn
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby StealthCl0wn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:49 pm

It's a roguelike game with insane randomization, of course it's going to be difficult. Stop whining and get over it.
Real
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby Real » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Image
Aerowind
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby Aerowind » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 pm

I laugh and grow a little more happy every time someone goes off on how mean the FTL community is. Everything "negative" in this topic is downright tame compared to almost any other gaming community. It's part of the reason I'm still visiting these forums, even though I haven't played the actual game in about a week. These forums have a pretty awesome community where even the negative folks are quite civil. I've only found the need to put a single person on my ignore list so far, which is almost a damned miracle.

Honestly though, the reason people are getting mad at the OP is because he's not asking for help, he's just complaining for the sake of complaining. If you don't like it, then just uninstall and leave the rest of us in peace. If you do like it and find it too difficult, then seek advice. FTL is a very winnable game, and barring an extraordinary string of bad luck, you should do decently enough every time.

If you're here to just whine and moan and rile up the crowd (and given your taunts, looks to be the case), then just quit making a fuss and leave. Or don't, and become a troll like half the internet. It's why they make ignore lists.
Real
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby Real » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Aerowind wrote:I laugh and grow a little more happy every time someone goes off on how mean the FTL community is. Everything "negative" in this topic is downright tame compared to almost any other gaming community.


Everyone else is an asshole, therefore, it is okay.

Aerowind wrote:These forums have a pretty awesome community where even the negative folks are quite civil.


If you call the posts in this thread 'civil' then you've just been desensitized to douchebaggery.

Aerowind wrote:If you're here to just whine and moan and rile up the crowd (and given your taunts, looks to be the case), then just quit making a fuss and leave. Or don't, and become a troll like half the internet. It's why they make ignore lists.


I think you're mixing up a regular human reaction to someone mistreating another person to "whining, moaning, and riling up the crowd". Just because it happens all the time does not mean that it's wrong to call someone out for being unnecessary.
Aerowind
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby Aerowind » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Real wrote:
Aerowind wrote:I laugh and grow a little more happy every time someone goes off on how mean the FTL community is. Everything "negative" in this topic is downright tame compared to almost any other gaming community.


Everyone else is an asshole, therefore, it is okay.

Aerowind wrote:These forums have a pretty awesome community where even the negative folks are quite civil.


If you call the posts in this thread 'civil' then you've just been desensitized to douchebaggery.

Aerowind wrote:If you're here to just whine and moan and rile up the crowd (and given your taunts, looks to be the case), then just quit making a fuss and leave. Or don't, and become a troll like half the internet. It's why they make ignore lists.


I think you're mixing up a regular human reaction to someone mistreating another person to "whining, moaning, and riling up the crowd". Just because it happens all the time does not mean that it's wrong to call someone out for being unnecessary.


Nobody in this thread is even remotely close to being an asshole. Not the OP. Not the people responding to him. It reminds me more of children bickering than anything else, to be quite honest.

But really, what other possible reaction could there be to the opening post? The way this topic started out made it utterly impossible to ever have a meaningful discussion. Failure was the only option from the get go.


Also, pretty much everything is on a sliding scale. Civility is no different. If the world is full of saints, then the sinner looks much worse. The opposite also holds true. Seeing as how this topic hasn't degenerated into flames and comments about each other's mothers, I'm going to go ahead and put a notch in the "good" category.
Real
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby Real » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Valid points.

I just like it over here in the land of idealism. :3
Gorlom
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:06 am

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby Gorlom » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Aerowind wrote:Also, pretty much everything is on a sliding scale. Civility is no different. If the world is full of saints, then the sinner looks much worse. The opposite also holds true. Seeing as how this topic hasn't degenerated into flames and comments about each other's mothers, I'm going to go ahead and put a notch in the "good" category.


:shock:
UTTER LIES!

I referred to someones mother as a hamster! :twisted:

PS. I bet his father smells of elderberries! ;)
SwordofAeons
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:05 am

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby SwordofAeons » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:37 pm

The worst RNG I've ever experienced in this game was on the Zoltan Cruiser's B-layout. The very first jump put me in an asteroid field against an enemy ship that had a beam drone. That single fight took me down to 40% hull, but I survived, regrouped, and went on to defeat the boss. Even the worst RNG-screw can be overcome with careful play, and with infinite pausing there's no need for twitch reactions.

Easy mode doesn't require anything phenomenal to beat, just an understanding of the mechanics and planning. Render the enemy harmless as soon and as cheaply as possible while minimizing incoming hull damage.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests