[WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
GianTell
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby GianTell » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:32 pm

Added "M.A.D".
User avatar
GianTell
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby GianTell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:24 pm

No changes to the mod itself, but I tried to make some of the previews in .gif format to show how it would animate in-game :)
User avatar
Auron1
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Awesome mod here!
The Sonic bomb with psyonic ray grants overkills with almost every enemy ship. Which is awesome! :mrgreen:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
User avatar
GianTell
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby GianTell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:06 pm

Auron1 wrote:Awesome mod here!
The Sonic bomb with psyonic ray grants overkills with almost every enemy ship. Which is awesome! :mrgreen:


Glad you like it! x)
Most of these weapons were supposed to be treated like how one shot from Stealth B's Voulge/Glaive/Faunchard beam pretty much kills everything in sector 1~2 ;)
User avatar
Auron1
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:11 pm

GianTell wrote:Most of these weapons were supposed to be treated like how one shot from Stealth B's Voulge/Glaive/Faunchard beam pretty much kills everything in sector 1~2 ;)


With a bit of luck, this weapon can be succesfully used even in the last sector, even with the Rebel cruiser! Luring all enemies in one room and then BOOM! is the way to go! :D
The only (huge) downside is that it's almost useless with AI drones... at least the 1 system damage point can help you weaking enemy ship in the meantime...
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
User avatar
elijahdb
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby elijahdb » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:19 pm

I believe you have made the most detailed weapon pack in the history of FTL modding. I love those graphics!!
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
User avatar
GianTell
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby GianTell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Auron1 wrote:With a bit of luck, this weapon can be succesfully used even in the last sector, even with the Rebel cruiser! Luring all enemies in one room and then BOOM! is the way to go! :D
The only (huge) downside is that it's almost useless with AI drones... at least the 1 system damage point can help you weaking enemy ship in the meantime...


Yeah, you would have to run away from A.I ships if you only have the Sonic Boom or other weapons which deal an overkill crew damage but does not deal hull damage at all xD
I was thinking about making it so that each time you fire the Sonic Boom or other 'imbalanced' weapons, your hull and one random system takes abit of damage (like 1 or 2), but I have no idea how to make that happen (or if that's even possible xD).

elijahdb wrote:I believe you have made the most detailed weapon pack in the history of FTL modding. I love those graphics!!


Yaay thank youu~! x333 glad you love 'em~ <3 <3
User avatar
Auron1
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:36 pm

GianTell wrote:Yeah, you would have to run away from A.I ships if you only have the Sonic Boom or other weapons which deal an overkill crew damage but does not deal hull damage at all xD
I was thinking about making it so that each time you fire the Sonic Boom or other 'imbalanced' weapons, your hull and one random system takes abit of damage (like 1 or 2), but I have no idea how to make that happen (or if that's even possible xD).


I don't think it would be a good idea: if you really want to nerf the weapon, have it requiring 4 power bars instead of 3.
OR you could make a mark II weapon. which still requires 4 energy but it also stuns surrounding rooms (that would make sense, I don't think you can produce a sound wave in a specific place without having such sound widespreading all around).
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
User avatar
GianTell
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby GianTell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Auron1 wrote:I don't think it would be a good idea: if you really want to nerf the weapon, have it requiring 4 power bars instead of 3.
OR you could make a mark II weapon. which still requires 4 energy but it also stuns surrounding rooms (that would make sense, I don't think you can produce a sound wave in a specific place without having such sound widespreading all around).


That's what I want to do as well, since DUH, it's a bloody SONIC BOOM xDD obviously it should spread to other rooms and make the doors near it forced-open! (like when broader successfully break thru the door) But then I'm limited to my knowledge of modding, at the moment x)
(originally I was going to make the blast image as big as 500x500 px but then I realized I have no idea how to make it affecting other rooms beside the one we pin-pointed)
User avatar
Auron1
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: [WEAPON][AE/CE/sMPK] GianTell's Armament

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:49 pm

GianTell wrote:That's what I want to do as well, since DUH, it's a bloody SONIC BOOM xDD obviously it should spread to other rooms and make the doors near it forced-open! (like when broader successfully break thru the door) But then I'm limited to my knowledge of modding, at the moment x)
(originally I was going to make the blast image as big as 500x500 px but then I realized I have no idea how to make it affecting other rooms beside the one we pin-pointed)


Uhm, could the sonic weapon work like a flak-damage weapon? Since your weapon is a bomb class, I don't know the answer...
Otherwise you could completely change the weapon class and give it a "piercing shield = 5" value.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests