[SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3627
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

[SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby stylesrj » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:20 am

Based off my earlier ship of Donald Trump:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29358

Hillary Clinton steps into the race (with the help of her corporate sponsors) to save the galaxy.

Introducing the Clinton Cruiser:
Image

As you can see, it's overpowered right off the production line. Four Burst Laser II's, a pre-igniter and two Boss Defence Drones. Also has every system available.
It's a bought and paid-for cruiser. If you're looking for an easy win, you should give this ship a try. But if you're like me and hate boring, easy-cheese ships with no challenge whatsoever, give it a miss.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yzt2o ... illary.ftl

Notes:
What? No obvious digs at Hillary? it's just a boring ship with easy-cheese weapons? Yup. I know very little about Hillary except she's the only female candidate for 2016 who has a chance of getting in, she's extremely popular with the voting population (because there really is no other alternative) and she's got plenty of corporate sponsorship so pretty much nothing will change.
A safe ship for a safe politician. You have to be trying to lose in order to get this ship destroyed. I probably won't add anything extra because honestly, Hillary isn't as funny as Trump.
User avatar
mr_easy_money
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:05 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:55 pm

stylesrj wrote:she's extremely popular with the voting population (because there really is no other alternative)

can we keep our political views to ourselves and away from the modding forum?
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3627
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby stylesrj » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:23 am

mr_easy_money wrote:can we keep our political views to ourselves and away from the modding forum?


Hey I'll get to the other politicians eventually and soon all of them will be made fun of.
User avatar
Gencool
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby Gencool » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Coming out of hiding just to say that I very much disagree with Hillary being a safe candidate. Please don't lump us all in with a single statement.

I'm UK based, so maybe we get different news to you lot, but the main consensus in my community is that Hillary would probably be worse than Trump.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3627
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby stylesrj » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Gencool wrote:Coming out of hiding just to say that I very much disagree with Hillary being a safe candidate. Please don't lump us all in with a single statement.

I'm UK based, so maybe we get different news to you lot, but the main consensus in my community is that Hillary would probably be worse than Trump.


Eh, I didn't say she would be safe for America or she'd be better or worse than Trump.
Just that the votes will probably go to her considering the alternatives. But let's not get bogged down in a political debate here on who's better for a country we're not in :P
User avatar
mr_easy_money
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:05 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:20 pm

stylesrj wrote:Just that the votes will probably go to her considering the alternatives.

there is your lumping statement
stylesrj wrote:But let's not get bogged down in a political debate here on who's better for a country we're not in :P

as it happens, there are people here who are from the US
User avatar
NarnKar
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:24 pm
Location: this forum
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby NarnKar » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:31 pm

Image

but seriously this was not a well-thought-out idea
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3627
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby stylesrj » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:04 am

NarnKar wrote:but seriously this was not a well-thought-out idea


What did you expect? It's a boring ship about a boring politician.
Should I ask for the thread to be locked and I'll just take down the links to download before any more political debate happens?

Or should it be left open for other ideas on how to make the ship better-thought out?
User avatar
mr_easy_money
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:05 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:51 am

my reply was in response to something you said on the main post

aside from that, I am not in disagreement with the ship itself. how about we talk about the ship itself now, eh?

I was going to say that maybe the artillery should be a custom artillery instead of the stock artillery beam. but then again, the whole "bought and paid for" theme makes the beam fit ok. or maybe not? it's up to you

(this was intended to be a note, but isn't anymore) creating ships that mean to characterize certain people are bound to have some controversy over what the person is like. I don't really know how to answer how the mod should be, because I have my own political views and see the candidates a certain way, so I feel that there isn't a way to create a ship without having controversy over the candidates. some people may support bernie or clinton or trump or whomever so they have their own views about how each candidate should be portrayed.

creating a ship that characterizes clinton or whoever may offend people a certain way due to the nature of creating a ship based on the way you view a certain candidate. so while I do not despise the ships themselves and part of me wants to allow them because they may interesting ships to play, the other part of me is strongly against creating ships based on candidates because it may influence people to vote a certain way, even if it was never meant to do so.

if this ship was published after the candidates are no longer competing, I would be fine with it. but as the times stand, they are, so I cannot be in accordance with this topic and any topics about any candidates at the present time

-
wow! I start writing something that I feel I can explain briefly, but through the course of writing it I change my mind through thinking about what I am writing and I end up with more lines than I thought and an opinion that is different from what I started with.

The game conversions presented within the topics have been rather interesting, like certain themes. it's this theme of balance that always falls in play when creating a mod: the mod is good in one area, but is a challenge because it lacks something or is bad in another area. great! this is what keeps me here and makes the creation of mods still captivating!

well that's all, guess it's officially a rant or whatnot.
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3627
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [SHIP] Clinton Cruiser

Postby stylesrj » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:07 am

I was going to say that maybe the artillery should be a custom artillery instead of the stock artillery beam. but then again, the whole "bought and paid for" theme makes the beam fit ok. or maybe not? it's up to you


Pretty much. Hell, she probably even got the beam from Emperor Trump.

Although if it was to be a custom beam, what would it be? The main reason I've kept it there is because it allows Federation options in Captain's Edition.

What would you say if I kept the Zoltan Shield but removed the shield ellipse so every shot will get through? You'll be protected from enemies teleporting onboard, mind control and hacking but you'll be left open for conventional attacks. You'll need to use drones to make up for the deficiency but that'll cost you parts in the long run? Wrong politician? Wrong country?

Ok, I think I know what to do next: A ship from the glorious DRPK! No one has any issues with that, right?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests