[MOD IDEA] Star Wars Conversion

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

[MOD IDEA] Star Wars Conversion

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:18 am

Background: So, while I was thinking about how to explain mind control on the first ship in my Star Wars B-Wing Starships, the idea came to me that what if you change the Slug to S̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶(̶w̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶u̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶e̶n̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶.̶.̶)̶ Dark Jedi, makes more sense given the Dark Jedi bio:

"A Dark Jedi ... has much smaller ambitions. He—or she—thinks only of himself. He acts alone. The ultimate goal is not galactic conquest, but personal wealth and importance. Like a common thug or criminal, he revels in cruelty and selfishness. He preys upon the weak and vulnerable, spreading misery and suffering wherever he goes." :

Dark Jedi/Slug

Code: Select all

<crewBlueprint name="slug">
   <desc>Former Jedi turned to the dark side for dreams of wealth and importance. The Dark Jedi are not a force to be trifled with, as they are devious and treacherous.
   <!-- Slug description for reference: "These telepathic Slugs were shunned in the Galactic Federation for their constant thievery and attempts at manipulation." -->
   <title>Dark Jedi</title>
   <short>Dark Jedi</short>
   <cost>45</cost><!-- it will take a lot to convince them to join you. even then, they are not to be trusted... -->
   <bp>2</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <powerList>
      <power>Strong Force sense reveals rooms and beings without need for sensors.</power>
      <power>Immune to the Jedi Mind Trick.</power>
   </powerList>
</crewBlueprint>

I was also thinking a complete makeover to make the "Dark Jedi" look like humans and not slugs.

Jedi Mind Trick/Mind Control

<systemBlueprint name="mind">
   <type>mind</type>
   <title>Jedi Mind Trick</title>
   <desc>The remnants of the Jedi created this last ditch effort to give the surviving Alliance a chance against the Sith. Unfortunately, this technology was stolen by the Dark Jedi, re-distributed and mass-produced. Temporarily turn enemies into allies.</desc>
   <startPower>1</startPower>
   <maxPower>3</maxPower>
   <rarity>1</rarity>
   <upgradeCost>
      <level>30</level> <!-- level 2 -->
      <level>60</level> <!-- level 3 -->
   </upgradeCost>
   <cost>75</cost>
</systemBlueprint>

Clone/Human i.e. the clones from episode II:

<crewBlueprint name="human">
   <desc>Clones are mass-produced test-tube grown humans. As a result, they are common and uninteresting.</desc>
   <cost>45</cost> <!--was 40-->
   <bp>2</bp>
   <title>Clone</title>
   <short>Clone</short>
   <rarity>1</rarity>
   <powerList>
      <power>Skills improve slightly faster as a result of being genetically-modified individuals.</power>
   </powerList>
</crewBlueprint>

Astromech Droid/Engi e.g. R2D2:

<crewBlueprint name="engi">
   <desc>Astromech droids know the ins and outs of systems and were created with repair ability in mind. Combat on the other hand, is something the droids are "capable" of, but to what degree is entirely up to debate. Without oxygen, the astromech droid's internal combustion engine will stall and the droid will start to deteriorate. If long enough time passes in this state, the droid will cease to function and be rendered useless.</desc>
   <!-- will have to change clonebay info to fit in droids. protocol like threepio on the other hand don't seem to do much so maybe they don't need it but then again they should be similar to astromech tbh -->
   <!-- Vanilla desc for reference: It's unclear if the 'Engi' are partly organic or entirely mechanical, but it's well known that they make exceptional engineers. -->
   <cost>50</cost>
   <bp>2</bp>
   <title>Astromech</title>
   <short>Astromech</short>
   <rarity>2</rarity>
   <powerList>
      <power>Repair speed is doubled</power>
      <power>Combat damage inflicted is halved</power>
   </powerList>
</crewBlueprint>

Protocol/(Ghost/AI) e.g. C-3PO:

(From CE)
<crewBlueprint name="ghost">
   <desc>Protocol droids have a vast database of knowledge and can fully integrate itself with ship systems. However, protocol droids are quite fragile, but since they lack an internal combustion engine, do not require oxygen.</desc>
   <!-- Previously: ...biological matter, do not require oxygen.</desc> -->
   <!-- CE desc for reference: "This fully sentient hologram is controlled by an advanced AI, housed inside a biological data-substrate." -->
   <cost>30</cost>
   <bp>1</bp>
   <title>Protocol Droid</title>
   <short>Protocol Droid</short>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <powerList>
      <power>Does not require oxygen</power>
      <power>Fragile. Maximum health is 50</power>
   </powerList>
</crewBlueprint>

ooh, maybe the Jedi are the Crystal beings, so they have a lockdown force power, somehow explain it... They take less damage to suffocation as they can control themselves or something, and are slow and wise:
Jedi Knight/Crystal

<crewBlueprint name="crystal">
   <desc>For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. After the fall of the Jedi, the Jedi Order was thought to be lost...</desc>
   <title>Jedi Knight</title>
   <short>Jedi Knight</short>
   <cost>60</cost> <!--was 65-->
   <bp>4</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <powerList>
      <power>Force Lockdown (activate in crew box)</power>
      <power>Control over body. Reduced suffocation damage.</power>
      <power>Wise, but old. Move 20% slower.</power>
      <power>Imbued with the Force's power. Max Health increased to 125.</power>
   </powerList>
</crewBlueprint>

Other ideas:
Okay so the "Alliance" is the Federation and the Rebels are ... what, um I'm not sure. Oh yes I know: the rebels are all clones which are being manipulated by the Sith. The Sith don't make an in-game appearance as crew as there are only ever two "Sith" at a time (rule of two).

Then what should the Mantis be? see below. And how should bounty hunters be incorporated? see below too

Which means the clonebay will have to be changed somehow to incorporate droids

Will I tackle new events? Maybe add this to the already existing Star Wars expansion (which is mainly a ship expansion, including enemy ships)?

I think then I should include an x-wing, a-wing, y-wing etc. and move the b-wings to a different slot than the kestrel and instead put the x-wing there...

Any ideas? Feedback? Let me know then :)
Last edited by mr_easy_money on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
I_am_person

Re: [MOD IDEA] Star Wars Conversion

Postby I_am_person » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:18 am

Lanius force choke people by sucking the air out of the room?
Injustice Rains From Above!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:24 am

I_am_person wrote:Lanius force choke people by sucking the air out of the room?

problem is that the Sith only have that kind of power (and the rule of two limits the Sith to two) or maybe also the Dark Jedi, but the biggest concern is that they can stay in oxygenless rooms with no problem, so maybe a sort of droid is more preferable.

Droideka maybe?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:41 am

Then what should the Mantis be? Droids? Something to explain how good warriors they are...

The same aliens as Boba/Jango Fett. Mandorians or something.
They'd look exactly like Humans though which might cause confusion in stores unless you can find something very distinct for them. Or make them all look like Boba Fett but in different colours.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:33 am

stylesrj wrote:
Then what should the Mantis be? Droids? Something to explain how good warriors they are...

The same aliens as Boba/Jango Fett. Mandorians or something.

good call. that solves the bounty hunter problem too.

EDIT:
They'd look exactly like Humans though which might cause confusion in stores unless you can find something very distinct for them. Or make them all look like Boba Fett but in different colours.

actually I did a bunch of digging, here is a bit from wookieepedia:
"Mandalore was inhabited by a group of Humans known as Mandalorians. During the period when the Old Republic ruled the galaxy, these super commandos were a martial people, living in warrior clans. They had a strong sense of honor, though some would later become mercenaries. However, centuries of war laid waste to Mandalore's surface, leading to the New Mandalorians, a faction that opposed the violent ways of their ancestors. This schism caused a civil war, which resulted in the warrior clans being exiled to Concordia, Mandalore's moon, where they were assumed to have died out. However, the conflict killed most of the planet's population."

Boba and Jango wear Mandalorian armor in honor of them or whatever. anyways I figure I'll have these "super commandos" take the place of the mantis, and have humans wear Mandalorian armor or something, so humans with armor layer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:11 am

Or you could just have all Mandalorians dress up like Boba Fett because screw 100% adherence to the canon :P
Humans can be everyone else
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:14 am

stylesrj wrote:Or you could just have all Mandalorians dress up like Boba Fett...

technically Boba is dressing up like the Mandalorians
...because screw 100% adherence to the canon :P
I kinda ditched canon the moment I said Dark Jedi, but the whole plot to explain Sith behind the Rebellion is already stretching the Sith-Clone relationship.

however I do see what you mean, I can just create some stuff of my own :mrgreen:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:39 am

Exactly. So the entire planet are full of violent, Mantis-like warriors who wear lightsaber-proof armour.

Great now that sounds like Rockmen...
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:52 pm

IMHO the Mantis resemble the shielded droids seen in Episode 1, when Obi-wan and Qui Gon-Jinn must escape from the viceroy ship.
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:39 am

Auron1 wrote:IMHO the Mantis resemble the shielded droids seen in Episode 1, when Obi-wan and Qui Gon-Jinn must escape from the viceroy ship.

Now that you're saying that, I'm kinda disappointed in that Star Wars has a wide range of alien species and all we can come up with are Humans and Robots for different races...

So let's see... here's my ideas:

Human = Humans (not Clones)
Engi = Service Droids
Zoltan = (Are there energy beings in Stars Wars of some sort?)
Mantis = Mandalorians
Rockman = Wookie (Let them win)
Crystal = Jedi (their alignments are are defined by the colour of their saber)
Slug = Hutts? (Obviously but at the same time they don't read minds... so maybe Watto's species as the Jedi Mind Trick doesn't work on them)
Lanius = No idea. Sith?
Ghosts = Sand People? (They frighten easily but will be back in greater numbers. It's a stretch though, so maybe Clones? But then again, Clones are like Boba/Jango Fett and are tougher... Yoda's species?)

Anyone who knows Star Wars aliens might do better than that though.