[Ship Pack] Gencool's Bizarre [v08]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sul

Re: [Ship Pack] Gencool's Bizarre [v02]

Postby sul » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Gencool wrote:Sul: Yes! Thankyou for finding those values, as those ships are some of my favourites.
I put you in the list of thanks, but probably should have given you more of a heads up? Sorry about that!

Not at all, you did the right thing by quoting me and I was actually really excited you found that stuff worth reusing. I get my kicks messing around with the code, but I think you did another job which is that amazing ability to turn technical finds into consistent universes that people actually want to play with. I remember your custom Arwing mod is what got me into modding in the first place (it is still a favorite :D).
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 am

Well, I did a run with two of your ships. Did I make it to the Flagship? Well the video is 52 minutes long. So probably not.

https://youtu.be/dHQsw4EqRZw

Honestly, the Stowbud has some serious problems. I know it's supposed to make dealing with boarders difficult but there's a difference between difficult and impossible.
I recommend you allow the purchase of a Clone Bay and have it positioned in the main body of the ship so I can vent oxygen out and just run the cloning cycles indefinitely until the threat in the middle has been eliminated.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:41 am

Hmmm, I've never had the clonebay crash my game with this ship...

I know what might be causing it though. I'l stick a patch out later today.

[edit]Ooooh, that repair drone in the store is /interesting/.... I must check that out in MTE...
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
Gencool

Re: [Ship Pack] Gencool's Bizarre [v03!]

Postby Gencool » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:55 pm

Right, updated three of the ships - turns out I made some silly errors in a few pieces of code. Byproduct of rushing, I guess.

The Stowbud's been rebalanced, and I've made further tweaks to better communicate the playstyle it requires.
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:56 pm

Gencool wrote:Right, updated three of the ships - turns out I made some silly errors in a few pieces of code. Byproduct of rushing, I guess.

So those Combat and Repair crew that pop up in stores for a bazillion Scrap have been removed?
Is the excess of Crystal Crew designed to counter the Siphon's style of play or is it again a byproduct of code and they should be rare?

The Stowbud's been rebalanced, and I've made further tweaks to better communicate the playstyle it requires.

AP Drone no longer costs any power to function? Do we get a Clone Bay Option for when you need to vent out the air and all the cargo hold systems are destroyed?
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Actually, the clonebay was never disallowed, and it works perfectly fine on my version. I fixed what i think might have caused the crash, though.

What I have done is increased the nanobot healing rate 3 fold (I admit it was a little low before but I misunderstood how the augment worked), and swapped the doors and sensor rooms, which provides an extra bonus against boarders off the bat.

As for drones/crystals in the stores, that was an issue with me attempting to make Engis more common, but accidentally used a 'findLike' rather than 'findName' tag, which meant it changed every race in the game (which apparently includes the ship-board drones) to be as common as humans!

Turns out, buying a shipboard drone in a store just gives you a boring old uninteresting human.

Crystals, however, are interesting on the Siphon. More health, but slower healing... I elected to remove them again but I might change my mind and patch them back in...
I kiiiind of want to give the ship a stasis pod, or something.
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:50 pm

Gencool wrote:Actually, the clonebay was never disallowed, and it works perfectly fine on my version. I fixed what i think might have caused the crash, though.

I was thinking maybe it was caused by the Medbay being blown up. The game can't handle turning a blown up system into an intact system, right?

What I have done is increased the nanobot healing rate 3 fold (I admit it was a little low before but I misunderstood how the augment worked), and swapped the doors and sensor rooms, which provides an extra bonus against boarders off the bat.

Yeah nanobots are slooooow. But that also means Engi ships will benefit from it as well... enemy Engi ships full of Mantis warriors.

Turns out, buying a shipboard drone in a store just gives you a boring old uninteresting human.

I watched Biohazard's videos when he did the Star Trek run. There were people you could buy like Security Officers and Technicians but upon purchase turned into Humans. The same goes for Ghosts when you don't put them in.
All custom races turn into Humans.

Crystals, however, are interesting on the Siphon. More health, but slower healing... I elected to remove them again but I might change my mind and patch them back in...
I kiiiind of want to give the ship a stasis pod, or something.

Taking out the enemy ship's air can lead to a situation where your Engies can take no damage in combat. It's hilarious if it can be pulled off though.
Do you think you could tone down the healing rate of the Respirators or is that the minimum you can get before it goes to no healing or slowly taking damage?
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Hmmmm.... The Stowbud isn't really a boarding ship, so I'm not too concerned with the nanobots messing that up.

Good call on reducing the healing rate. I dunno why I never tried a value lower than -1... I just stealth-updated it down to 0.25 (which actually makes a lot of sense and balances fairly well considering all the other bonuses vacuums give your crew)

It's a shame we can't use Repair or Combats as crew races. A controlable Combatdrone crew would be awesome.
ImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:18 pm

Gencool wrote:Hmmmm.... The Stowbud isn't really a boarding ship, so I'm not too concerned with the nanobots messing that up.

Just wondering though: If I bought a teleporter, would it go into the cargo hold? Combine it with Mind Control (or Hacking enemy Mind Control) and you've got an Abductor...

Good call on reducing the healing rate. I dunno why I never tried a value lower than -1... I just stealth-updated it down to 0.25 (which actually makes a lot of sense and balances fairly well considering all the other bonuses vacuums give your crew)

Wouldn't it be -0.25 so it heals just as much as vanilla Engi nanobots do? :P

It's a shame we can't use Repair or Combats as crew races. A controlable Combatdrone crew would be awesome.

Yeah. Or a repair drone who'll fix the shields and not that hull breach in an empty room.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:26 pm

Nope, teleporter and clonebay are crew-area systems so that noone gets trapped.

Sorry, yeah, I meant -0.25. I guess it's basically nanobots which also kill enemies and put out fires...
ImageImageImage