Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Manters

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Manters » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Another playthrough, Great fun.

Anyway, here's another possible sound pack. Tell me what you think.
https://www.mediafire.com/?1enzjf76ow68ilv
personman61

Postby personman61 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:38 pm

Bugs I found so far
-Warping with open doors inside your ship makes them look like close doors, but you can walk through them and air still drains out.
-Human Cruz ship is missing a door to the bottom three rooms. Also one in the spawn station.
-I seem not to be able to see shots on the sensor, but that may just be a server issue.
-I don''t know if this is lag, but I get stuck going one direction for a while then stop. Rarely, I also get stuck on a system after I leave it. It fixes it self after a few moments.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:19 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Im shocked at how well this is coming, you keep up the amazing work my friend. I cant way to see what else you implement.

Thanks. :)
You can also post some of your own suggestions on what would you like to do in the game, and perhaps it will be one of the things I add in the next update :)

Manters wrote:Anyway, here's another possible sound pack. Tell me what you think.

This one is quite good, I already noted some potential sounds from it.
Thanks.

personman61 wrote:Bugs I found so far
-Warping with open doors inside your ship makes them look like close doors, but you can walk through them and air still drains out.

This is one of the first and oldest bugs in the game since begining of dev. :)
It is related to network speed.
The door's image is shown inverted(closed for open and viceversa) but mechanic still works.
Ingame it is fixed by doing another jump or relogging.
Also I have an idea how to fix it(again :P)

-Human Cruz ship is missing a door to the bottom three rooms. Also one in the spawn station.

On the list to be fixed.

-I seem not to be able to see shots on the sensor, but that may just be a server issue.

Don't know this one, haven't seen anyhing like this yet.
Probably related to network speed.

-I don''t know if this is lag, but I get stuck going one direction for a while then stop. Rarely, I also get stuck on a system after I leave it. It fixes it self after a few moments.

This is just a lag.
Probably related to network speed.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:08 pm

I decided to continue on one of Jimli_'s ships.
Which one of the two different parts should I use or should I not use any of them.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:55 am

The_Bear wrote:I decided to continue on one of Jimli_'s ships.
Which one of the two different parts should I use or should I not use any of them.

Where are the parts?
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:10 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:

Where are the parts?

If you look at the ship there are two different lines, sorry if I was unclear.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:13 pm

The_Bear wrote:If you look at the ship there are two different lines, sorry if I was unclear.

:?
Sorry I don't see 2 different lines
I just see the outline of a ship.(which looks really cool)
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:31 pm

The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:23 pm

Why is NarnKar's Hand of Death not in the game, it looks awsome.

You probebly got this planned but the different classes should have their own advantages. Speaking of classes, why havent you added a transport class. You should also add a capital/flagship class or both. There should only be 1/2 ships every race that gets the capital ship class. And they should have a ton of hp and lots of rooms but it should take lots of money to make and it would have the disadvantage of having slow hd and engine recharge.

Hand of Death should be the pirate capital ship unless I, him or someone else somehow make a better pirate ship.

And there should be a way to make a fleet with max 1 capital ship and 2/3/4 other ships(maybe desided in the server config). They should be able to share the coordinates of where they are going in the captains bridge(a marker on the sector they are going to) and some other stuff like when their ship die they respawn at the capital ship or the ship they decided to respawn in when their ship gets destroyed. They should have their own chat so if you are fighting another team of players you don't give them your plans.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:31 am

Top one looks better.