(MOD) Sleepz's Weapons

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
sleepz8

(MOD) Sleepz's Weapons

Postby sleepz8 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:00 pm

So i've been doing a lot of fiddling around with ftl mods recently and i've decided to make a weapon pack. After all, you can never have too many cool weapons :D!!! I'm gonna keep updating when I can, and would like a little feed back and help as I go :) Currently have 4 weapons, they should be available in shops etc.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iasw4m75yy5iouo/Sleepz%20Wepz.ftl?dl=0

Download (without events):https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0yf9yyuxeu8wbr/Sleepz%20Wepz%20-%20No%20Events.ftl?dl=0

Feel free to use any of my weapons on your ships etc, just credit me and send me a message so I can check it out :)

Current weapons:
Bearded Beam
Ion laser
Plasma Cannon
Station Beam (from my station 12 mod)

Download for a really over powered kestrel with my current 4 weapons: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9g4w250uv99lji/wep_test.ftl?dl=0
(load AFTER the weapon mod!!!)

Thanks for reading

Update 1:
Ion Breach Missile
Stingray Flak Cannon

Update 2 [20/02/2016]:
Ion Beam. Yeh, really long animation :L
Poison Beam (was gonna be a healing beam until I found out they don't work :D).
Bearded Burst. Art based of the bearded beam, rather OP but hey, lasers!!
Slider Cannon. Kinda like a pistol, but on a ship.... Idk.....

Update 3 [21/02/2016]:
Magma Bomb. Locks down rooms and sets them on fire. Fun!!
The magma bomb modifies the lockdown animations, so you might want to disable this mod before using the original lockdown bomb.
Also fixed the poison beam, I'd spelt the picture names wrong in the animations, so it just appeared as a black box....

Update 4 [22/02/2016]:
ImageImageImage
My first stab at a drone. A mash up between my ion laser and a combat mark 2 drone. Seriously, this guy is mental!!!!

Update 5 [23/02/2016]:
ImageImageImage
Another drone, based off my plasma gun. Fires as slow as combat 1 but has shield piercing and starts fires :D!!!

Update 6 [24/02/16]:
Magma Laser. Totally fun, can't break through shields, but if it hits a room it locks it down, starts fires and does sys damage.
I also increased Ion Breach's power, but lowered ion damage.
Lowered stingray crew damage.

Update 7 [25/02/2016]:
Spent a while on this guy. It's a crazy mantis missile styled charge laser!!! I think it looks pretty neat on a mantis ship:

Update 8 [29/02/2016]:
Mmmm, tasty ion-laser styled chaingun. Fun!

Update 9 [01/03/2016] :
Nerfs to ion breach again. I lowered cooldown from 25 to 20 and power from 5 to 4, then I increased ion damage from 2 to 3.

Update 10 [03/03/2016]:
The mantis cannon is now only available through an event in Mantis Controlled or Mantis Homeworld sectors!! (I have fixed the spelling error in the second picture)

Update 11 [05/03/2016]:
Changed the slider cannon to become more useful: power from 2 to 3; damage from 3 to 1; reload time from 16 to 3.
Added Zoltan tactical Nukes! It's only available through an event in Zoltan sectors:

Update 12 [06/03/2016]:
New Lanius style, chain missile. Its power increases as it fires! It's only available by letting some Lanius deconstruct part of your hull in abandoned sectors. (always spawns event once per abandoned sector).

Update 13 [30/08/2017]
Added a no event version, which adds event weapons to stores instead.

Thanks to:
Meklozz, who advised me with my coding
The creator(s) of the mod testing environment, it's really useful!!!! : http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22613
Last edited by sleepz8 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Chrono Vortex

Re: (MOD) Sleepz's Weapons

Postby Chrono Vortex » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:33 pm

Your beams need a little bit of fine tuning. First of all you should lengthen the animations so that the red glow disappears only two pixels at a time (as per standardized FTL beams). Secondly the red glow for the Station Beam disappears in the wrong direction, you should start erasing the glow from the back of the weapon and keep going until you hit the emitter. Besides that the animations look pretty good.

Also the download link for the weapons isn't working, you may want to fix that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:03 am

hmm, i kinda liked the fast beam animations.... I'll fix the station beam tomorrow :)
Also fixed the download link, i was having problems with the plasma weapon's custom lasers and dropbox didn't replace the old file properly so the link stopped working, sorry about that!!!

EDIT: OK, fixed the station beam & the plasma cannon's glow (was off by one pixel, grrrr)
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Just bumping so people know that I've updated :)

Any feedback on balancing would be great!!!
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Hey guys and gals, I need some help if anyone's able to.
I would like to make the mantis cannon only available through a custom event, which only happens in mantis sectors and involves fighting a powerful mantis ship.
Any pointers would be great, I've had a poke around the data files and google but can't work it out :L
Thanks in advance.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Was Exploring your posts after you helped me with some things on my ship XD (thanks btw) and i saw this and my mouth dropped. XD
So many amazing styles of weapons XD. GG mate. Also for the theme of your mantis style weapon,
maybe a slug weapon that does poison damage over time to a room, like if it did'nt have oxygen (I know that if you use a hacking drone on a medbay it damages you so maybe you could use that code)

a lanius weapon which makes a bunch of hull breaches
a crystal weapon( perhaps beam, dont have one of those) that locks down rooms
a rock weapon which ignites fires ( Maybe just one of your fire weapons, re-modeled for a rock ship)
a engi weapon(Maybe your ion chaingun?) which ionizes systems,
a zoltan weapon which pierces z shields and drains power from a room
and of course the federation ships would all be better suited with the rebels "Unknown laser blasts of doom" weapon
Other than that your weapons are amazing XD
have fun!
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Thanks, it's good to know you like it :D
I was definitely thinking about doing some more ship-styled weapons, so i'll take your thoughts on board!
Only problem is that modding seems to be pretty limited, so i'm not sure if health drain over time or weapons which bypass zoltan shields are possible...
If you want to look into some of those weapons:
My Hepheastus ship is a rock boarder with an artillery beam that starts fires.
My Blood Gatherer is a Lanius boarder with an artillery beam that damages crew and causes breaches.
Thanks for dropping by :D
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:56 pm

MikieRpg wrote:@MikieRpg
added my second racial style weapon, the zoltan tactical nuke! Sadly it can't teleport through zoltan shields like you suggested, but hopefully you'll enjoy using it?!?!
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:23 am

sleepz8 wrote:
MikieRpg wrote:@MikieRpg
added my second racial style weapon, the zoltan tactical nuke! Sadly it can't teleport through zoltan shields like you suggested, but hopefully you'll enjoy using it?!?!

You go big don't you XD? Tactical Nuke demolished the flagship XD, then that lanius chain gun looks amazing(haven't been able to get it)
These are some seriously amazing weapons, that aren't too op in the sense that you won't always get them, but work amazingly!
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:34 am

That lanius chaingun looks quite nifty. If I e'er get back into modding (which I think I kind of want to do, once this semester is over), would you mind if I used the art/modified it for my own ends?