The Trailblazer

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sleepz8

The Trailblazer

Postby sleepz8 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:59 am

Hey there. This is the first ship that I've created, as such it could probably do with a bit of testing. Also it does not have any new textures, they are all from the base game.
Now the fun bit :)

The Trailblazer is a modified Stealth Ship. It's commonly used to get ahead of slower enemies and litter the galaxy with mines. However, in order to keep speed up, it hasn't been fitted with a shield system. It's a little hard early game, but very powerful later!!!
Starting systems:
Piloting 1
Clonebay 1
Sensors 2
Doors 1
Engines 4
O2 1
Cloaking 1
Weapons 4 (Four slots)

Augments: Titanium Casing, Zoltan Bypass

Comes with 2 custom bomb weapons 'Rapid Mine Deployer' which require no missles.
Replaces Stealth Ship 1

THIS SHIP CANNOT GET HACKING OR MIND CONTROL
This mod also changes the rarity of both of those and the price. If you want to use either on any ship, DELETE THIS MOD.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/csg5ogauf0hxtrq/trailblazer.ftl?dl=0

Please post feedback!!
Last edited by sleepz8 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Gencool

Re: The Trailblazer [beta]

Postby Gencool » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi sleepz8! Welcome to modding!

The ship sounds surprisingly well balanced for a first release, so definitely looking forward to trying it out (though it will have to wait a few hours due to work so I can't give actual feedback just yet)

One thing - and this is a pretty common comment for first posts so don't worry too much about it - there's an unwritten rule that you should provide an image of the ship in the hanger, so that players know roughly what they're getting.
Even if all the art is stuff we've seen before, they ship layout gives you a good idea how how it will play.

A picture speaks a thousand words, y'know?

The forum doesn't do a great line in image hosting, but either Dropbox or imgur can be useful here.

I'l post again later with a quick review when I get a chance ^^
Last edited by Gencool on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Yeh, i tried to attach an image with the post but couldn't. I'll put one on dropbox in a sec though!!!
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:35 pm

What a funny ship. These weapons are crazy!

Hacking doesn't appear, is that on purpose? Should probably include the info.. Oh, and floor would be cool, superluminal can do that.

@edit

Also, here's a thought: make them unique. This is just plain unfair:

sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Yeh, I didn't add a room for hacking (or mind control) on purpose. But if it still shows up as purchasable in the store I'll add it :S (unless someone can tell how to disable it completely)
Also, I will change the weapon so it's unique if some one can tell me what number I should set rarity to?
Oh! And I prefer it without a floor :)
Thanks for your help!!
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:53 pm

To make hacking not show up I think you can set rarity to 0 and/or price to 999 so no one buy it even if it shows up (in the dlcBlueprints.xml.append file):

Code: Select all

<systemBlueprint name="hacking">
   <type>hacking</type>
   <title>Hacking</title>
   <desc>Targets a single system, locking its doors and granting the ability to temporarily disable or disrupt it. Requires drone part to launch.</desc>
   <startPower>1</startPower>
   <maxPower>3</maxPower>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <upgradeCost>
      <level>35</level> <!-- level 2 -->
      <level>60</level> <!-- level 3 -->
   </upgradeCost>
   <cost>999</cost>
</systemBlueprint>

For the weapon, also rarity 0.

It would probably be nice if you pointed out that the ship doesn't get hacking or MC and if you remove them that it's better not to use the mod with any other ships as it changes more stuff. Just so anyone knows just from the thread.
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Ok, I've made those changes and updated the download link :)
Thanks a bunch for your Help!!!