Will there be more DLC?
Sequel to FTL?
Completely different new game?

What is next?
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: What is next for subset games?

Postby Matthew » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:22 pm

We won't be doing a sequel to FTL or any more content. We'd like to move on to a new game at this point, it's been 4 years of FTL development :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Mendel

Postby Mendel » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Didnt expect to get a direct answer so soon! Thank you!

Looking forward to hearing about it whenever it will be that you are ready to come forward with whatever it is ;)
arokingames

Postby arokingames » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:24 am

sorry to ask the same question twice but i couldn't find any new news from subset games and was wondering when or if you guys were going to make a new game, sorry to reply to such an old forum.
Mendel

Postby Mendel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:49 am

I am sure they will let us know when there is something to show about their new game. Announcing it too early might also frustrate the fans. :lol:

That said, once the news is out... this time... for sure I will be one of the kickstarter buyers if there will be such a thing
zingzingzingbah

Postby zingzingzingbah » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:03 pm

hey guys,

I'm sure this won't make too much of a difference....

but we all fricken love FTL, and we want more content!

please!
Acromos

Postby Acromos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:16 pm

Matthew wrote:We won't be doing a sequel to FTL or any more content. We'd like to move on to a new game at this point, it's been 4 years of FTL development :)

If that's the case, would you mind terrible if I made a sequel? =)
isla

Postby isla » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:41 pm

@Acromos - While there's no such thing on a copyright on game design, all FTL IP is copyrighted, and we legally can't allow any fan-made sequels/successors/etc. That said, if you want to make a game inspired by FTL, but without using the name, any assets, sounds, images, etc. Then you can absolutely do so no problem.
Acromos

Postby Acromos » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:26 pm

isla wrote:@Acromos - While there's no such thing on a copyright on game design, all FTL IP is copyrighted, and we legally can't allow any fan-made sequels/successors/etc. That said, if you want to make a game inspired by FTL, but without using the name, any assets, sounds, images, etc. Then you can absolutely do so no problem.

Well of course it's copyrighted =)

No, I'm thinking in the manner of the Halflife mods that are available: I make something based on your IP, design and content subject to your review, and sell it - sharing profits, of course. An attractive solution because you get money for nothing, I get free marketing (primarily the use of the name).

I realise this sort of inquiry isn't generally handled on a public forum, but the opening post got me thinking, and I figured it couldn't really hurt to ask. I'm quite impressed by the speed of your reply. Good show! =)
isla

Postby isla » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:47 pm

@Acromos - If you ever do end up giving some serious thought to it, shoot me an email.