[SHIP] Zoltan Flagship - Overpowered

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] Zoltan Flagship - Overpowered

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:55 am

dlcblueprints.xml.append has the files for the Clone Bay and Backup Battery, Hacknig and Mind Control.

Be careful about them though. Level 4 Hacking does nothing, Level 5 is two minutes... Level 6 I dunno.
Mind Control is useless after Level 3. Don't upgrade it. Battery is fine. Each bar is 2 more power.

Also, don't stack piloting (or any subsystem) in the same room as shields unless you like 0 evasion with every hit from an ion weapon.
Branflakes413

Postby Branflakes413 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:05 am

I love how satisfying it is to watch the Antimatter Siege Cannon rip through all three stages of the flagship while I stay cloaked.
How I make mods
Step 1. Code and draw mod.
Step 2. Accidentally break mod.
Step 3. Attempt and fail to fix it
YoshiGaming

Postby YoshiGaming » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:36 am

This ship looks fun to use with Infinite Space. Can't wait to try it!
bnsfc

Postby bnsfc » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:08 am

YoshiGaming wrote:This ship looks fun to use with Infinite Space. Can't wait to try it!

Its actually quite balanced in infinite space for the first 10 or so sectors. the fact that almost every mini boss use's ion and bomb weapons they can kill your crew very quickly, and if you don't have enough reactor power no either hide or shield your self, or blast your way out, your kind of screwed. of course, this is without using the way to powerful arty :lol:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:11 am

Not to mention mind control. 7 Zoltan vs one Zoltan? Yeah you better be quick in destroying that system quickly if you want to keep 8 Zoltan onboard.
YoshiGaming

Postby YoshiGaming » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:05 pm

bnsfc wrote:Its actually quite balanced in infinite space for the first 10 or so sectors. the fact that almost every mini boss use's ion and bomb weapons they can kill your crew very quickly, and if you don't have enough reactor power no either hide or shield your self, or blast your way out, your kind of screwed. of course, this is without using the way to powerful arty :lol:

True, and I did realise this after a while. But it was fun having them trying to board a room with 8 zoltans inside of it :lol:
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:14 am

OMG I JUST FOUND OUT SOMETHING!!!!!!!!
if you patch this in like a UI mod (before patching ship), any ship replacing the Zoltan Cruiser can have lvl 16 weapons and shields etc!!!
stylesrj can you make it so that it doesnt replace ships, but allows for ultimate weapons and sheilds and cloaking?????
(and antimatter artillery buyable at stores. that thing is too damn op (like the big bang cruiser if it runs)).
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:46 am

Stormbringer wrote:OMG I JUST FOUND OUT SOMETHING!!!!!!!!
if you patch this in like a UI mod (before patching ship), any ship replacing the Zoltan Cruiser can have lvl 16 weapons and shields etc!!!
stylesrj can you make it so that it doesnt replace ships, but allows for ultimate weapons and sheilds and cloaking?????
(and antimatter artillery buyable at stores. that thing is too damn op (like the big bang cruiser if it runs)).

No.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:58 am

awwww... I was looking forward to having lvl 16 shields etc...
WAIT!!! if I am allowed to, can I make a ship using this mod (replaced hull, weapons, rooms etc: I'm only going to use this ship so I can use the 16 power thingy) and make an op ship using the Star Wars mod? I really miss the Eclipse SSD from it.I'll have to ask the maker of the star wars mod though....
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:15 pm

You don't need to use the ship itself. Just take blueprints.xml.append, take out the Zoltan Flagship blueprints and the Siege Cannon and leave the overpowered systems intact to be used as a base for all other mods you want to have 8 layers of shield for.