[SHIPS] Trade Ship and Drug Runner

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
evitherator

[SHIPS] Trade Ship and Drug Runner

Postby evitherator » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:24 am

Hey guys,

Been fooling around with superluminal and I think I have a good handle of things. (Not that great)

I am able to make functional ships. I want these to be balanced, so if you have any feedback don't hesitate to tell me.

YES these do not look nice as I am new to modding BUT they are functional and I hope to make these look better.

The first is The Cornucopia of Fine Goods. The idea is to have a trading vessel. As the Scrap arm, common goods and cargo teleporter mean you have a steady stream of scrap while not having to slow down...you can wind up with a lot of scrap BUT it's underpowered in all other aspects so you wind up repairing the ship a lot, and spending a lot of money on it. Let me know about balancing ideas.

Hull image is credited to narnkar.

Second ship is a Drug Runner ship. Pretty simple. It's fast (4 engine power), it can get out of fights (FTL boost) and there are drugs on board (slug hallucinogens). The 4 engine power means it will be dodging a lot more and thus the pilot and engineer will gain skills very quickly.

Hull image credited to Steamtex.

Link for downloads below.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8v3g6jo4iiw2 ... EklHa?dl=0
stylesrj

Re: [SHIPS] Trade Ship and Drug Runner

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:16 am

Do they require Captain's Edition to function or can they be played without it (the augments being something you just sell rather than have the scripts)
evitherator

Re: [SHIPS] Trade Ship and Drug Runner

Postby evitherator » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:45 pm

They do require CE. Thanks for pointing that out, that is important.

These are the first mods I've had anyone look at, and also these will be some of the first posts to a forum in general. So if I'm not doing things quite right please let me know.