FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.28d/Inf 1.28/EL 1.28

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Stop going to Rock/Hazard Sectors.

Tell that to the infinite depths of space. Although in that case, I shouldn't worry about the exit beacon being overrun because I can always escape the Rebel fleet.
Although that's a good idea. I thought black holes appeared in any sector and without warning. Then again, I learned months ago that traitor events only happen in Rebel sectors. So to avoid annoying singularities, don't seek out the Rock Homeworlds.

Also, does the Flagship BS Missile Launcher fire every 10 seconds rather than every 20? Because it seems to be rather rapid-fire in CE Infinite. Guess I should have come more prepared after 3 hours of wandering.
Dekadrachm

Postby Dekadrachm » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:35 am

I really love this mod, the game doesn't feel complete without it due to the massive amount of content and effort put into this. However I do have a suggestion for a possible update if you feel up to it, and if it doesn't break the purpose and point of the mod and the game its self. One thing I really enjoyed was the fleet battles between the Rebels and Federation, it gave the feeling that you are more active in the war instead of just running away to deliver information when you are more than capable of fighting.

I was wondering if you could potentially add more events of war between the fleets, and even add events where you win battles and give hope, plus maybe even an event where your face a fleet by yourself and fight off a whole rebel fleet, although that should be a rare event and I am currently unsure if you could fight multiple ships in one event. I have looked into it before and I'm sure you probably have too but I don't know how FTL would handle it. This is all just a suggestion I would do it my self if I had the time. I doubt you will add this due to the sole fact that I am only one person making a suggestion to personalize my experience, who knows most people might just like it the way it is, most likely since I doubt you gotten many suggestions like this.

Thank you

~ Dekadrachm

P.S I am using CE Infinity add-on plus basically any major extra Captains Edition modifications. As for the game you are personally creating, how is that going and what language are you writing it in? Probably some Lua and maybe one of the C languages?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Federation sector events are among my favorites too! :) Those could still see some additions, but some of the stuff you suggested isn't possible unfortunately (you can't fight more than one ship per beacon for example.) Also I deliberately made those sector events end badly for the Feds to reinforce the overall idea that you are loosing the conflict. Thats kind of the core motivation behind the players mission, so I didn't want to undermine that.

Hyperspace Admirals is doing fine. We are about 70% done with art assets and the soundtrack is also in production; but the actual game engine is still mostly a prototype. The game is made with Unity, so its in C mostly. I don't code though, I do the design, graphics and PR. I'm also the only one working full time on the game, most of the code team still has day jobs and family obligations to take care of. If you want to know what we have been working on lately you can check out our dev blog. You can also like us on that facbook thing or follow us on the tweetsies.

stylesrj wrote:Also, does the Flagship BS Missile Launcher fire every 10 seconds rather than every 20? Because it seems to be rather rapid-fire in CE Infinite. Guess I should have come more prepared after 3 hours of wandering.
Yeah, the Infinite flagships has all it's artillery weapons fully upgraded. It is supposed to be able to put up a fight even against fully upgraded ten hour infinite player ships with all autonomous drones and full Zoltan crew.
Dekadrachm

Postby Dekadrachm » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:17 pm

As I figured, it would defeat the main fact you are losing the war and you want your mission to seem hopeless. As for fighting multiple ships I figured it not possible. However if you could add more events where you are in middle of a war between Federation and Rebels that would be neat, it gives the feeling that the rebels are expanding quite far.

For your game, I have been following your blog about it. I was curious on how it would turn out and your dedication is immense. I have attempted to create games in the past, but they failed not because I didn't know how it was because I got bored with my work and never started it again. Similarly I made a game like yours but I never got to the procedural generation part, a story line, and many other things. I made this game using flash As2 which isn't really common anymore or recommended. I would offer to help you with development if you gave me time to learn "C". I do have quite and interesting ability to learn a computer language quite fast. I learned As2 in five days and have created two games from it. One thing I always lacked in was art, no matter how hard I tried it always looked like crap lol.

If you don't need any help that's fine, not a guarantee I will be able to help you much since I'm not a professional.

~ Dekadrachm
johanafm

Postby johanafm » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:07 pm

I just tried CE for the first time, alongside EL non-infinite and I am wondering if "Autonomous" A.P. drone work as intended.

I went with Engi B (CE-edition), which gave me an "Autonomous Seasoned A.P.". I'm inclined to consider these two issues as bugs
  1. It does not Heal in Drone Bay like regular on-board drones do
  2. It is not possible to turn it off, which means it will kill any mind-controlled crew-member.
I can live with no-heal, but the seocnd issue is really bad. If this is working as intended, it would be super-great to NOT have this "improved" drone on a starting configuration. Because of issue #2, I'd never ever choose to take one if I had a choice. And next time I take Engi B, I will just sell it the first chance I get. I would however keep a regular A.P. drone until I found several more crew members.

But the mod looks really interesting over-all. Thanks :)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Ok holy crap, someones did a stealth B CE EL, random flagship no shields run on hard. I guess the mod isn't brutal enough yet. :D That or hacking shields is just plain OP. :roll:

johanafm wrote:I went with Engi B (CE-edition), which gave me an "Autonomous Seasoned A.P.". I'm inclined to consider these two issues as bugs

It does not Heal in Drone Bay like regular on-board drones do
It is not possible to turn it off, which means it will kill any mind-controlled crew-member.
Ah ok, that will be fixed with the next EL update.

Dekadrachm wrote:For your game, I have been following your blog about it. I was curious on how it would turn out and your dedication is immense. I have attempted to create games in the past, but they failed not because I didn't know how it was because I got bored with my work and never started it again. Similarly I made a game like yours but I never got to the procedural generation part, a story line, and many other things. I made this game using flash As2 which isn't really common anymore or recommended. I would offer to help you with development if you gave me time to learn "C". I do have quite and interesting ability to learn a computer language quite fast. I learned As2 in five days and have created two games from it. One thing I always lacked in was art, no matter how hard I tried it always looked like crap lol.

If you don't need any help that's fine, not a guarantee I will be able to help you much since I'm not a professional.
Yeah we'd rather be looking for professional Unity programmers that have completed small games projects before. If you want to support the project than following its development already goes a long way. You can also throw money at us through patreon if you are up for that.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Yeah, the Infinite flagships has all it's artillery weapons fully upgraded. It is supposed to be able to put up a fight even against fully upgraded ten hour infinite player ships with all autonomous drones and full Zoltan crew.

Ah so that's why it kicked my butt with regular CE ships.
Y'know, I don't think I've actually won against the Infinite Flagship with the CE ships. I think I beat it once in an earlier version (before the BS was upped) with the Stealth B but that was Vanilla Loadout Stealth B because the CE Stealth B's weapons suck.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:02 am

Was watching a Let's Play by Biohazard063 and well...

https://youtu.be/iKhLzqNK5BA?t=1m

I think Biohazard made a really funny point about stores in Rebel sectors. There needs to be the rare chance of encountering a cruiser at a Rebel Store called something like "RS Going Shoe Shopping."

Although I'd have other names too like "Merchant's Friend", "What Are You Doing Here", "Impulse Buyer", or "Safe Zone" or even "Just When You Thought It Was Safe"
ledtim

Postby ledtim » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Playing FTL captain's edtion 1.28d.
Found two different versions of Heavy Anti-Ship Ion Drone in one game.
Identical description text, 1 requires 2 power, the other 3 power.
It appears that DE_DRONE_ION_2_ENEMY [which I assume was meant to be the enemy-only version] has rarity set to 3 rather than 0.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Ah ok, that will be fixed with the next update.

stylesrj wrote: There needs to be the rare chance of encountering a cruiser at a Rebel Store
Yeah, I'd love to do that but there are only so many scenarios where you can justify the store being active before and after the fight (there is no way to spawn stores, and without spawning store you can't mark a beacon as store) The pirate store fight event already goes through a lot to explain that you can shop, then fight, than shop again. :roll: