[MOD] Playable rebels ships Advenced Pack 1.0 Out ! 7 news ships added

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
nono333

[MOD] Playable rebels ships Advenced Pack 1.0 Out ! 7 news ships added

Postby nono333 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Hello Guys !
Playbale rebel ship is a mod created by nono333 who add playable rebels ships in the game.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit this website. All assets of this mod, besides third party ones which are not created by the author, are free to use for other modders, as long as they use them for non-commercial purposes and are willing to share their work alike.

Whats a Pack ?! :

The mod got DLCs, who named "Packs".
To play with a pack you need to run the "Original Pack", its the original mod, it contant important files to run packs.

Packs informations :

Original pack :
author : nono333, 1.6 update with Biohazard063
features : 4 ships
Updates :

Code: Select all

1.0 : Released

1.1 : fix bug, add the Rebel Bomber and the Rebel Capital Ship

1.2 : fix bug, add add the Rebel Cruiser

1.3 : fix bug

1.4 : change the layout of the Rebel Cruiser

1.5 : add floor, bug fixed.

1.6 : fix bug, glow fix, ship's descriptions changed

Invasion pack :
author : nono333 1.5 update with Biohazard063
features : 2 new weapons and 5 ships
Updates :

1.1 : fix bug.

1.2 : fix bug, add the Flak III

1.3 : add the Rebel Trapper and the Elementary Bomb

1.4 : remove the weapons, bug fixed, add floor image.

1.5 : fix bug, glow fix, ship's descriptions changed, O2 for IA ship bug fix.....

Senario Pack :
authors : nono333 & stargateprovider
features : change the story of the game, change events, ships layouts and other, add more events....
infos : Created with the creator of Station Job (stargateprovider) this mod change the story of the game, this is the biggest update of the mod.
Updates :

1.1 : change the title music, fix bug.

1.2 : update events, add events, change the Rebel Elite Layout, bug fixed, new dockyard, new dockyard animations

1.3 : fix bug, update events, new peoples colors :
crystals : yellow, orange, red, green
engi : yellow, bordeaux, blue , green
slug : light blue
zoltans : light blue, light red
lanius : dark red
rockmen : dark blue, dark green, dark red

1.4 : fix bug, change the ennemys class, Rebel Fleet Sector bug fixed

1.5 : fix bug, update events

1.6 : fix bug, update events

1.7 : add shield layout to engis, add an about option, change the crosshairs layout, fix bug.

Senario Pack Update 1.8 : fix events bug, more events added, mouse layout changed

Advenced pack :
author : nono333
features : 7 ships
Updates :

Updates :

1.0 Original Pack :
4 ships added

1.1 Invasion Pack :
5 ships added
2 weapons added

1.2 Senario Pack :
change the story of the game
change events
ships layouts and other
add more events.

1.3 Advenced Pack :
7 ships added

Senario Pack : :

Ships added : :

Invasion Pack :

****Working on the topic****
Last edited by nono333 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:57 am, edited 39 times in total.
nono333

Re: [MOD] Playable rebels ships

Postby nono333 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Rebel Elite Ship out !
nono333

Postby nono333 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:05 pm

2.0 for the Elite and Bombers Ships, Cruiser out !
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:56 pm

So if these are Rebel ships, why the non-Human crew? Did the Federation capture these vessels and staff them with whoever was on hand?

Also, that Rebel Cruiser, while unique-looing doesn't really fit the Rebel aesthetic - almost every ship is symmetrical except for the Zoltan vessels (and the Rebel Rigger).

The fact that some of those ships can't have certain systems as well - balance reasons or that you don't know where else you could fit them in without adding new rooms and ruining the layout?

Lastly, just like making the Rebel Flagship a flyable ship, first modmakers also tend to make flyable Rebel ships (or flyable enemy ships in general). Any gimmick or trick (or even a good story) that sets this above those mods or you just want to show off?

Because I'm looking at that Rebel Bomber and going "Sounds like fun, but I'd probably get bored with it very quickly."
Maybe if you remove the pre-igniter and add some rooms to the south (you could fit two more rooms and thus two more system spots there. Maybe add two more rooms to the right of those and thus be able to have the potential for everything without stacking)
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Ships look good. Welcome to modding ships! :D Though I think their starting equipment is too strong. For instance I have no need to buy weapons or augments with these ships. It is easy to go overboard on these things. I know I do slightly on my ships as well. I'd suggest when first making ships to limit the ships starting loadout to 1 or 2 weapons. and maybe up to 2 systems, because most ships tend to revolve around this idea. Players want to see progression in their ship throughout the game. Good luck!
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:19 pm

I just realised now that the Rebel Bomber was upgraded to Dual Burst Laser II's. A Burst Laser II is the best gun in the game. Sit down Chain Vulcan Fanatics.

if you want to nerf the power of the awesome Dual Laser (best starting gun in game next to Advanced Flak) then turn them into Burst Laser Mk.I's. Two power for two shots.
Yizzzy wrote:For instance I have no need to buy weapons or augments with these ships

Not true. There's always room for a Burst Laser II :P
Also, FTL Recharge Booster, Stealth Weapons and Shield Charge Boosters? Can I say free money for my Burst Laser Fund? Same goes for missile weapons.

But yeah I want to see the ship grow and become an awesome death machine. I don't want it to be handed to me from the start.
PLIOU

Postby PLIOU » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:00 am

Rebels!!!!
Last edited by PLIOU on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
nono333

Postby nono333 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:21 am

stylesrj wrote:So if these are Rebel ships, why the non-Human crew? Did the Federation capture these vessels and staff them with whoever was on hand?

Also, that Rebel Cruiser, while unique-looing doesn't really fit the Rebel aesthetic - almost every ship is symmetrical except for the Zoltan vessels (and the Rebel Rigger).

The fact that some of those ships can't have certain systems as well - balance reasons or that you don't know where else you could fit them in without adding new rooms and ruining the layout?

Lastly, just like making the Rebel Flagship a flyable ship, first modmakers also tend to make flyable Rebel ships (or flyable enemy ships in general). Any gimmick or trick (or even a good story) that sets this above those mods or you just want to show off?

Because I'm looking at that Rebel Bomber and going "Sounds like fun, but I'd probably get bored with it very quickly."
Maybe if you remove the pre-igniter and add some rooms to the south (you could fit two more rooms and thus two more system spots there. Maybe add two more rooms to the right of those and thus be able to have the potential for everything without stacking)

So, I will remove the burst laser II with missiles or other laser guns, I think I will create a new type of "humans" named Rebel, but I don't know how.
More Rooms will add the Bomber and the Elite ship.
Thank you for your comment :)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:28 am

nono333 wrote:So, I will remove the burst laser II with missiles or other laser guns,

You can replace them with missiles, but good luck seeing me use them in a video run :P
No really, I am a laser weapon aficionado.

I think I will create a new type of "humans" named Rebel, but I don't know how.

Can't create new races or useful augments (as in, you can't make say a Crystal Rock Plating that does 50% block chance but you can create an augment that does nothing except triggers new things during events) or systems.
nono333

Postby nono333 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:42 am

3.0 for Elite and Bomber out, weapons changed and more room capacity