[SHIP] Light Em Up!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[SHIP] Light Em Up!

Postby stylesrj » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:07 pm

So... I was playing One For All mode in League of legends and I was like "What if we all played as Lux?"
Needless to say it was a good idea and a bad idea to play as the Lady of Luminosity. But anyway, I said to one of my friends "What if I was to weaponise Lux's laugh in an FTL mod?"

So here it is... the DSS Luminance:

(Replaces Zoltan A)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/29w39 ... nt/Lux.ftl

The DSS stands for Demacian Star Ship.

Story:
Shortly after Pentakill left Runeterra for the stars using Sona's Etwhal, Demacia soon followed. With the help of their friends in Piltover, they built a ship for the Steel Legion and loaded it up with some light weaponry thanks to the help of Luxanna Crownguard.

Of course shortly after building this ship and launching it to go fight the Rebellion, the other nations and empires on Valoran followed suit. But Demacia was up in the stars first at least. Are they capable of destroying the Rebel Flagship? Who knows, but one thing is for certain - the Rebels will not be laughing once Lux starts.

Gimmick:
This is important, so pay attention to the gimmick of this ship.
Many of the rooms are separated from each other. This makes beam weapons less effective as a whole against the Luminance but it has its own problems. Don't tell any crew to stop in the middle of a doorway into nowhere. They'll be unrecoverable and you'll need to dismiss them. Same applies for Drones if you want them.

Secondly, the ship is armed only with 2 weapons slots. So your loadout will be limited. But not to fret because here's the real gimmick:

The Energy Snares are not beams but bombs. They have a small chance of starting a fire, they'll cause 1 ion damage to a ship and will always stun the enemy for a few seconds while doing a bit of damage. What's the catch? Well they also make Lux's laughter when fired. If you love hearing it all day, you'll not find a problem but if you'd rather listen to the screams of tortured children over Lux's laugh... there will be problems. Such is the price to pay for an awesome weapon.

Lastly:

The Final Spark. Lux's Ultimate power. Just like in the game it has a 60 second cooldown time (on average) so ignore the Artillery prompts. It's not 50 seconds, it's 60. Keep that in mind when you're wondering why the charge bar is going over. Now what does the beam do? It fires a quick blast with a cry of DEMACIA! and does 10 damage to whatever it hits. Shields don't matter, it'll always do 10 damage (unless you're against a Rock ship) so it's perfect if you need to finish off an enemy.

Videos:

Katatonik the Mantis:
https://youtu.be/U71L3MaEsMg (Normal Difficulty in Captain's Edition)

What might be next:
A ship made for Garen (spinning weapons and an artillery of JUSTICE!)
Piltover Customs Peacemaker (Might use Jayce's Mercury Cannon's weaponry with Caitlyn's Ace in The Hole for the Artillery)
Something involving Noxus (Maybe Singed and his toxic arsenal?)
Something involving Zaun (Viktor!)

Versions:
Version 1 - Added ship
Last edited by stylesrj on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] Light Em Up!

Postby stylesrj » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:13 am

I tricked Katatonik into playing a video run of this ship:
https://youtu.be/U71L3MaEsMg

Teehehehehe ah ha!

It really is overpowered as hell, just like Lux is but if you don't get things just right (And FTL will punish you) then you could be in for a world of hurt.
Once you get the Artillery to Level 4, GG enemies.

But from what I've seen, the Energy Snares can be used to lock down an enemy's weapons and engines from constant bombardment. But it suffers greatly if you don't get a fire started where you hit or if the enemy ship has a Clone Bay or is trying to get away. That Final Spark can't stop a fleeing ship that easily.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:09 am

I'm thinking of making a variant of this ship where it has a Drone Control and a Shield Overcharger but no shields. It still requires use of the bombs and artillery to win the day, but it becomes much more riskier to fly. Sort of like a more torturous Simo-H (or less if you like hearing the laughter and hate the Simo-H for being an unstealthy Stealth Cruiser)
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:54 pm

This ship actually looks pretty sexy. I'll give it a go a little later on and probably post a pic of me blowing up Flag Shippy.
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:49 pm

Looks can be deceiving though, just like Lux.
Also just like her, she's broken on the inside.
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:28 am

So I got really far with this ship on hard. It was fun. Didn't win though, and I didn't really want to replay cause the Lux laugh and the charge time for the beam. :?
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:58 am

Teeheehee

Exactly as planned. Although the Artillery works best at Level 4 and it's totally worth it unlike other artillery systems (Fed C *cough*)