[MOD][Challenge] Sensory Deprivation[v06]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gencool

Re: [MOD] Sensory Deprivation[v02] (Halloween!)

Postby Gencool » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Does the standard blueprints have Ai ships? Meh, it can't hurt to include I guess.

Also, a thought happened: I could just change manning stations valued "2" and "3" down to "0" and "1" for player ships
I'm still not going to do it, 'cause there's plenty of ships that rely on systems being where they are. maybe a future/seperate mod.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Code: Select all

4385 <shipBlueprint name="TUTORIAL_PIRATE" layout="jelly_button" img="jelly_button">
4438 <shipBlueprint name="IMPOSSIBLE_PIRATE" layout="jelly_truffle" img="jelly_truffle_pirate">
4470 <shipBlueprint name="DEFAULT" layout="rebel_squat" img="rebel_squat">
4510 <shipBlueprint name="LONG_ELITE_MED" layout="rebel_long" img="rebel_long_hard">
4529 <shipBlueprint name="LONG_ELITE_HARD" layout="rebel_long" img="rebel_long_hard">
4555 <shipBlueprint name="GHOST_SHIP_MED" layout="jelly_truffle" img="jelly_truffle_pirate">
4576 <shipBlueprint name="GHOST_SHIP_HARD" layout="jelly_truffle" img="jelly_truffle_pirate">
4609 <shipBlueprint name="BOSS_1" layout="boss_1" img="boss_1">
4633 <shipBlueprint name="BOSS_2" layout="boss_2" img="boss_2">
4659 <shipBlueprint name="BOSS_3" layout="boss_3" img="boss_3">
4683 <shipBlueprint name="BOSS_SPECIAL" layout="boss_3" img="boss_3">

Nope.

I'm not sure the game even uses most of those.

What are you using for identifying enemy ships? Anything with health below 30 seems like a good bet.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:12 pm

currently:

<mod:par op="OR">
   <mod:findWithChildLike type="shipBlueprint" child-type="boardingAI"/>
   <mod:findWithChildLike type="shipBlueprint" child-type="minSector"/>
   <mod:findWithChildLike type="shipBlueprint" child-type="maxSector"/>

<mod:findWithChildLike type="shipBlueprint" child-type="weaponList">
      <mod:selector load="WEAPONS_AUTO"/>
   </mod:findWithChildLike>
   <mod:findWithChildLike type="shipBlueprint" child-type="weaponList">
      <mod:selector load="WEAPONS_REBEL"/>
   </mod:findWithChildLike>
</mod:par>

I'm fairly sure any enemy ships with crew have 'boardingAI' - the 'weapons_auto' catches the vanilla autoships.
Any autos added to CE, i'm fairly sure, will have a boardingAI tag anyway, since they're most likely made with Superluminal, and I'm fairly sure that will just add it by default.

Min and max sector should catch any outliers, and 'weapons rebel' is there *just in case*.

[edit] a few custom ships have health below 30, though.
ImageImageImage
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Yeah, that mostly does it. If you want it to work on the boss, though, you should probably remove the criteria from the bosses.xml file, first 2 stages don't have any of those tags and there are no player ships there anyway. Or add a rebel flagship class to the composite.

<class>Pirate</class>
   <class>Impossible Pirate</class>
   <class>Rebel Rigger</class>
   <class>Rebel Elite</class>
   <class>Rebel Elite</class>
   <class>Rebel Flagship</class>
   <class>Rebel Flagship</class>

None of these 7 in blueprints.xml are also affected, but, like I said, I don't think the game uses that (except the tutorial ones).
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Heh, again, you're way more on the ball than I am here. I hadn't even considered the flagship wouldn't use them. Thankyou!
(I know I should be more thorough, but I just get so hyped up that I miss the obvious stuff)

As for the blueprint ones - If they don't get changed, it's not a big deal. If anyone uses that part of the mod any time soon i'd be surprised.

I've uploaded a version with the current Scrambler stuff (including flagship stuff), and updated the front page.
The update also reclassifies Drones as a Ship System - I was toying with 'Ship Support' after hearing Ani say it, but it doesn't read right to me...
ImageImageImage
Anistuffs

Postby Anistuffs » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Gencool wrote:I was toying with 'Ship Support' after hearing Ani say it, but it doesn't read right to me...

Did I say that? I don't even remember and I recorded that last night :?
In my defence, I was sense-less. Haha haha see what I did there?
[sighs why would I do that?]
Anistuffs - The Indian Let's Player.
Here's my Youtube channel with over 1500 LP videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Anistuffs
Why not pop over and say hi :)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:24 pm

Gencool wrote:I'm fairly sure any enemy ships with crew have 'boardingAI' - the 'weapons_auto' catches the vanilla autoships.
Any autos added to CE, i'm fairly sure, will have a boardingAI tag anyway, since they're most likely made with Superluminal, and I'm fairly sure that will just add it by default.

Min and max sector should catch any outliers, and 'weapons rebel' is there *just in case*.

You could check for load attribute on <weaponList> & <droneList> regardless of its value, since IIRC weapon/drone lists don't work on player ships, so you are guaranteed to get an enemy ship with that.

Also, congratulations Gencool on being the first person I know of to actually use the <findComposite> and <par> tags, I never thought I'd ever see anyone need them :P
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:44 pm

kartoFlane wrote:check for load attribute

Can you actually do that without specifying what's inside it?

Also, some of the same ships from above don't have that either, I checked.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:20 pm

meklozz wrote:Can you actually do that without specifying what's inside it?

*groans* You're right, I forgot that Vhati decided to drop that particular feature...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:46 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Also, congratulations Gencool on being the first person I know of to actually use the <findComposite> and <par> tags, I never thought I'd ever see anyone need them :P

Ha! Thankyou! I'm not sure if I should be proud or not.

I did consider the weaponList thing, which is why I used it for Auto Ships (it was a last resort, though, since I didn't want to write a catcher for every list of weapons)

Honestly, there's been so many times I'd have loved a 'findUnlike' tag, 'findWithAttribute', or, dare I dream, a <mod:searchAndReplace>, but half the fun of modding this game is in pushing against the limitations.

Quick update: I've added in 'ScrubbedSpotless' - it removes room-interior images.
[Edit] though I may have forgotten teleporters...

I had a long think about scrambling player ships - my best plan was to swap out systems for their manned/unmanned peers; one cycle for pilot/engines/shields/sensors/doors/medbay+clonebay, another for O2/drones/teleporter/cloaking/mind/hacking.

It'd be a fairly elegant way of doing things, the only issue being station-less med/clonebays, where I would ideally have the search ignore/isolate "-2" rooms (not perfect, but good for all standard ships and 80% of custom ships)

So, 6 systems each set - a single .xml could have 3 pairs of systems that it swaps, then you can have 5 varients of that for different pairings; 1.xml swaps pilot and engines, 2.xml swaps pilot and shields, 3.xml swaps pilot and sensors... Load them in whatever order you want, and suddenly you have one hell of a mixed-up ship.

Seems good, until you realize that you'd have to search each pair for every possible variation of <SysA room="n"><SysB room="x"> to get this to work.
Say we set the cap at 20 rooms, that's still 400 searches per pair of rooms. 1200 searches for each peer set, 2400 for an entire ship.
The scrambler's Room Swap takes 24 lines of code, so that's 57600 lines just for the search and replace code, let alone the stuff to isolate player ships, or -2 removing.
[edit]my maths is out here, I know, but only by about 20/60/120/2880 respectively - small numbers in comparison[/edit]

I mean, I could do it, I think, but I'm not even sure it would work and with my accuracy rate I wouldn't stand a chance of keeping it bug-free.

It needs a mod processor, really. Maybe something rannl or someone could have a look at?
Personally, I know when I'm beaten. I think this mod's about as done as it'l get, barring bugfixes or surges of inspiration.
ImageImageImage