FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ev1l0rd

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.28c/Inf 1.28/EL 1.28

Postby ev1l0rd » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:07 pm

First things first: Thank you for making this mod.

Finally got around to be able to run this mod. It's rather heavy on system recourses, had to resort to Lubuntu for the mod. The mod runs fine on my computer but during playtime there is one drone that messes up my screen by creating a white box and producing an earshattering static noise. I'm able to deduce from terminal output that this is most likely drone DE_DRONE_BEAM_2_ENEMY as it told me that the blueprint was incorrect. Any ideas/ways to fix this?
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Nope, no plans. I feel like everything that is possible in that regard has been pretty much done. More trade goods could still be added, but I think the mod is already well saturated with goods. Also modifying the trade system in general is pretty complicated and prone to error, so I try to not touch it.

Well, I had an idea that, at the moment, I was thinking of just applying to the Lanius, but its actually rather apparent in all sectors.

Essentially, in peaceful encounters, you could offer to trade with another party that is present. Aside from twists that could apply to unique sectors (like Slugs ripping you off or something) it would essentially open up opportunities of selling excess materials (fuel, missiles, and drones) for scrap or other materials. It would not be limited to just one option as it currently is in such encounters already in-game and would be entirely at your discretion (meaning that you could commit piracy or acquit goods instead of trading). There could also be another option for a randomized special deal, like an augment or weapon at a (possibly) cheaper price than you would find a store.

As far as I can tell, this change would simply be many new events and choices implemented into existing ones.

I feel this would make the trader path much more feasible and I wanted to know what you think of it.
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Akira421

Postby Akira421 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:58 am

I don't know if this is a bug, or what happened exactly, but the beacon to the left on my current location (how can I post the "continue.sav"?) crashes the game whenever I try to go to it.
I don't know if I can describe it much better than that, I've moved to all beacons around it, tried approaching it from all angles, it crashes the game every time. it does the FTL jump animation sounds an all, then it zooms out, and stops before its supposed to cut to the next beacon.

The mods I have installed are
FTL Equal Opportunity Employment 1.0.ftl
Engi Scrap Advantage 1.1.ftl
Beginning Scrap Advantage 1.1.ftl
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.27.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.279.ftl
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.267.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.275.ftl
Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 with numbers v.1.0.ftl

I'm able to run it fine and all, since I've gotten it working this is the first problem I've encountered, aside from getting really lucky on runs, and then dying because 3 sectors in a row I get no shops.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.28d/Inf 1.28/EL 1.28

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:34 am

CE Update 1.28d
- Fixed a few bad name tags
- Fixed a bad "req" tag in the Rock Ramship ship event
- Added a missing enemy variant for Beam Drone II
- Pulled some more spell checking from github

I'm still not sure what is causing those occasional crashes, but we are fixing things that might be causing them. Posting the continue save wont help though, as I have no way to determine the event id from that. You can probably just avoid that beacon and continue your run.

FederationScumX1999 wrote:Aside from twists that could apply to unique sectors (like Slugs ripping you off or something) it would essentially open up opportunities of selling excess materials (fuel, missiles, and drones) for scrap or other materials.
I made a separate mod that allows selling consumables some time ago, but its not compatible with CE so far.

ev1l0rd wrote: The mod runs fine on my computer but during playtime there is one drone that messes up my screen by creating a white box and producing an earshattering static noise. I'm able to deduce from terminal output that this is most likely drone DE_DRONE_BEAM_2_ENEMY as it told me that the blueprint was incorrect. Any ideas/ways to fix this?
That drone was indeed missing, thanks for reporting. Should be fixed now.
knoedel

Postby knoedel » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:10 am

Is there a way to mod ftl in a way, that you will have 100% the rock home world in a run to get to the Crystal sector?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:12 am

Technically yes, but it's a complicated way to do what this mod does already... Also this has nothing to do with CE. :roll:
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Hey there,

Quick issue that may or may not be due to CE :
I had a game crash when my entire crew boarded an enemy ship and my teleporter got taken out.
The crash occurred when the message that your crew took a shuttle to get back on the ship should've popped up.
Was using the Arwing mod from Gencool at the time so the problem could've been on his end as well. Posted it on his thread as well.
Was also using version 1.28d of CE.

EDIT : Apparently this is due to the fact that the ship I was playing with was an AI ship. Still not sure, but would rule out CE.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Yeah, I don't think this is CE related. I didn't even touch that event.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Is there anything that can be done about those annoying black hole beacons? "By the way, good luck threading the needle here! We're going to double fleet pursuit and drain all your remaining fuel just as you're one jump away from the Store (which is now overrun). Have fun."

I'm one of those people who think "everything can be avoided even if it requires the most obscure items. Don't have it? Tough luck you should have had it!" Boarding events (most of them) are prevented with a Disruptor, Asteroid fields can be prevented by not going into them or having sensors, etc. A Slug can stop traitors (although they could be the traitor if you don't use the blue option. So what does the Slug do? Betray their own plans? "Ah ha! We knew you'd betray us! But that's because I was the traitor! I'll relax over here and contemplate my treachery.")

So in what can prevent what, can that Advanced Navigation AI thing do something about Black Holes? I'm not that concerned about the fuel cost (you probably need to burn extra fuel to get away even with the AI) but the fleet pursuit just doubling out of frikken nowhere and with no way of stopping it (that idle beacon with the AI probe broadcasting your position can be discovered and thus prevented) is frustrating.
The game already wants to kill me enough :lol:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:12 pm

stylesrj wrote:Is there anything that can be done about those annoying black hole beacons?
Stop going to Rock/Hazard Sectors.

Although I agree that giving blue options for advanced navigation AI would be swell there, I'll probably add that with the next update.