[SHIP] The Etwahl

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[SHIP] The Etwahl

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:31 am

I've been playing a lot of League of Legends as Sona the Medic/Bard/Poor Area of Effect Damager and well, I thought "Hey not make an FTL ship out of her awesome musical instrument?"

So, introducing the Etwahl:

(Replaces Slug A)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2769o ... Etwahl.ftl

The Etwahl uses blasts of sound to damage the enemy shields and hull. Once the shields are down and damaged, the ship can be finished off with Sona's powerful ultimate ability - the Crescendo Beam. The Crescendo is like the Halberd Beam except it does double damage to the enemy's hull and anyone caught in the effects are guaranteed to be stunned for at least 5 seconds.

If you're playing a mod that allows artillery, there may be an even greater way to resolve the dissonance.

Story

As always there's a story as to why the League of Legends is out in space and fighting against the Rebellion.

The Rebellion came across the world of Runeterra and in their usual fashion, demanded the inhabitants to surrender or be destroyed. Naturally they said "No" and the Rebels dropped nukes on the whole of Valoran. The Institute of War was no more and the whole League of Legends was destroyed as if it never existed. Of course all the arenas and champions remained so there was no getting rid of that damned Teemo.

Then Mordekaiser realised that there were countless other worlds out there that hadn't heard of the band Pentakill. Or metal for that matter!
Determined to solve this problem, his keyboardist Sona turned her etwahl into a spaceship so they could make sure metal stays number one throughout the galaxy!

Also, the Rebels are starting an alternative rock band in direct competition of Pentakill. Naturally they can't let that happen. I mean their bassist is a girl, their drummer has short hair and their lead singer wears glasses!

Strategy

It's your typical "Fire lasers, then beam" strategy you know and love from every other ship with that same gimmick. Although if you get the Artillery, this strategy may become even more potent - keep the shields down long enough and the Dissonance Resolver will finish them off if you don't do it already with the Crescendo.

Don't use the Resolver if the enemy ship still has shields. Even though it does massive damage, it has negative shield piercing. Time it well for victory, summoners.

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW2_PdH0C7o (Done in Captain's Edition)

Updates:
I don't make a V.1 or V.2 designation, so every new update is the same file, you just have to re-download it.

V.4.1
Changed the charge time of the Crescendo to 17 seconds
Removed Mind Control
Because of this, Sensors are no longer needed to be Level 2. So they've been reduced to 1.

Thanks Biohazard063 for going through the ship and providing some suggestions on how to make it a little less OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgKVu0ME1ZQ
(Part 3 of his Etwhal run)

V.4
Fixed some weapons mounts.
Added Artillery weapon mount.
Actually added the Dissonance Resolver to the ship itself.
Made a custom sound for the Resolver.

V.3
Added gibs (they seemed to have disappeared in V.2)
Replaced non-existent Artillery with Dissonance Resolver

V.2
Replaced Hull Beam with Crescendo
Changed the rarity of the Hymns so they couldn't be found in stores
Altered Hymns to be faster and sound a little bit differently

V.1
Initial Etwhal. Came with Hymns of Valor and a Hull Beam
Last edited by stylesrj on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
mr_easy_money

Re: [SHIP] The Etwahl

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:44 pm

After playing through this and achieving victory on normal :D

I found that:

the rarity of Valor Hymn is too common. It was in every other store and it seems like it should be rarer ( basic laser+ right? )

I was able to beat on normal after being extremely lucky in finding a pre-igniter and two burst laser II's as well as flak I and also the Zoltan shield making the end boss a cakewalk

All in all it was fun playing it esp. the beginning when you have the Valor Hymn's and the make that cool sound 8-)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:31 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:I found that:

the rarity of Valor Hymn is too common. It was in every other store and it seems like it should be rarer ( basic laser+ right? )

Doh, I knew I forgot to change the rarity so you couldn't buy it in stores. :oops:

I was able to beat on normal after being extremely lucky in finding a pre-igniter and two burst laser II's as well as flak I and also the Zoltan shield making the end boss a cakewalk

I think the fact you had the best weapons ever (Burst Laser IIs and a Flak 1? Why does that never happen to me? I once got 4 Flak I's but it doesn't count as it was on Easy :()

All in all it was fun playing it esp. the beginning when you have the Valor Hymn's and the make that cool sound

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I really should try and make an improved Etwahl 2.0 version or something. Or a Type B (How about a Piltover Peacemaker? The shape's there, I just need to make it brown :lol:)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:17 am

Etwahl V2.0 is out! Redownload the exact same file to get the changes.

I've added a new gun, the Crescendo. It does 2HP of damage, with 2x on systemless rooms. Any crew caught within will be stunned for a few seconds.
it also has the sound of Sona's Crescendo firing, but I slowed it down a bit because it sounds more mystical and "spacey" that way.

I also made it so you can't buy the basic Sona guns in stores. That was an oversight

Lemme know what you think.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Some Mantis made a video run and posted it on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW2_PdH0C7o

It's an Etwahl run done in Captain's Edition.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:49 pm

OK for some reason as I was testing this mod and somehow got my butt whooped, there's a distinct lack of gibs on the ship.

Which is rather odd considering I made a whole bunch and spent a painstaking 10 minutes trying to figure out where it all went...

So I've uploaded a new version (3.0!) which should include the gibs and their wacky spinning around after destruction, etc. Because I'm not good with versioning numbers, you'll have to redownload the same file again.

Also, I've added a new weapon called the Dissonance Resolver. It's an Artillery that tears ships apart after 40 seconds but it absolutely requires the enemy not to have any shields if full damage is to occur. I can't remember who did negative shield piercing but if the Resolver can be tested out to see if it actually works, that'd be appreciated.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:39 am

After some testing and tweaking and realising I didn't have all the weapon mounts done correctly, version 4 of the Etwahl has just replaced Version 3!

What's new?

Well the Dissonance Resolver has been tested and it works. It also shoots out a colourful purple beam while the gun itself has a misplaced orange glow (that I cannot resolve). Of course it requires something like Captain's Edition if you want to purchase it as I won't make a version that has it in stores (as that might ruin your Infinite run if you have cheap artillery)
It also makes a cool "Shall we resolve this dissonance" followed by a very quiet, rumbling beam.

And that's about it.

Coming up in Version 5:

Loadouts! Why have one Etwahl build? Why not have 3? One for each of DJ Sona's music types.

Kinetic - Current Loadout. Also, it's blue.
Concussive - Starts without Mind Control and the Crescendo but it has the Dissonance Resolver. Also, red.
Ethereal - Purple. Also will have just 4 Songs of Celerity, sort of like the Red-Tail.

Might even add an event where if you have like 100 Scrap you can hire Sona to come onboard along with another song (because custom events are all the rage! Including rage!)
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm going to try this ship out today.
ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
Yizzzy

Postby Yizzzy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:06 pm

Ok, everything is great. I love the sound effects. The grey hull background is moved upwards slightly though. It's pretty strong, but not overly super strong. Good job man. :mrgreen:

admittedly I got some pretty good weapons on the run though..

ImageClick the ship for more! With new ships updated frequently.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:17 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed the mod.

Yizzzy wrote:Ok, everything is great. I love the sound effects. The grey hull background is moved upwards slightly though.

Honestly I don't know why the grey hull looks wrong to me but I can't figure out why. Maybe it is a little bit too high and off to one corner...

It's pretty strong, but not overly super strong. Good job man. :mrgreen:

It sort of reflects what Sona is in League of Legends. :lol:

admittedly I got some pretty good weapons on the run though..

Two Burst Laser II's? Of course :D
Otherwise you'd be rocking that Crescendo beam all the way to the end, right?