[SHIP][WIP]The Oxyless

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

[SHIP][WIP]The Oxyless

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Sat May 23, 2015 1:56 pm

This ship was thrown together by a ragtag group of Mantis and Lanius. The intent of the ship is to de-oxygenate the crew and then swoop in with a lanius boarding party to finish them off. No gibs, but a cheat gib is in place. Needs work but for my fist ship I'm pretty happy with it. Once I get my head wrapped around making weapons I may add a custom laser for breaching, IDK.

Changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 0.2: I added the rest of the rooms
Version 0.25: Fixed room images
EDIT: apparently not - I promise I'll fix it
Version 0.5: I didn't fix it :(, someone did it for me.
   Thanks to the talented and good looking FederationScumX1999.
   Images are fixed.
   rooms are more compact
   gibs added
   cloak image added

Image made with FTL ships
Image put together using Paint.net
Made using Superliminal 2

REPLACES KESTRAL A: That way anybody can use it!

Stylersj's run: http://youtu.be/gfZTrek-i5s

Here's the download:
The Oxyless 0.5
Last edited by TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:38 am, edited 13 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP][WIP]The Oxyless

Postby stylesrj » Sat May 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Wait, why can't I get a cloaking device? No room for it? Rooms can stack by the way...

I think cloaking is vital for any run. Seriously, you'll wish you had one when the enemy comes bearing down with a fast firing Alpha Strike or the Dreaded Hull Missile...

But I might give this ship a whirl in recording... and see how quickly I can break it :lol:

EDIT: As I was doing a test drive... umm you mentioned it has no cloak but you didn't mention it was missing Hacking... is it also missing Mind Control and Batteries as well?
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Sat May 23, 2015 3:25 pm

As it says in the title, it is work in progress. I'm currently trying to get everything else in, but the room images keep breaking. Also you might notice that the oxygen rooms image is for mind, or that some rooms just have a basic computer, that's because, again, the images were breaking. I'm trying to fix it now, but I just keep breaking it more :cry: .

Edit: Didn't realize it was missing Hacking. The other things are definitely in there though. Ill try to continue to "fix" things.
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Sat May 23, 2015 3:37 pm

To show you I took some screenshots.
In the editor:
(deleted screenshot)

And in game:
(deleted screenshot)

EDIT: Not images, but glows, ill see if that can help me fix it.

EDIT 2: Glow Images were corrupt, accually scratch that, ALL images were. But I think I know why
Last edited by TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf on Sat May 23, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat May 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Yeah, so my test run ended horribly... but at least I died at Phase 2. Dying at Phase 1 would be embarrassing.

Teleporter hacked, so my Lanius couldn't move around to fix the damaged shields... lost a lot of health and my Vulcan wiped out Phase 1 while the Rebels still had a full crew.

Phase 2... drones tore me to pieces.
This is why I need Cloaking. None of that would have happened if I could dodge the missile and drone strikes instantly :lol:

But yeah, it handles well enough. Up until you get rid of the bombs for flak. Then it's like a 3-Lanius boarding cruiser! Awesome!
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Sat May 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Still trying to get images worked out, I might not finish today, but definitely by tomorrow.

EDIT: Finished. Also the time stamp for me on this post is weird. Is it that way for anyone else?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 24, 2015 12:25 am

I've done a video run! It runs like a Crystal B in the late-game if you find a 4th Lanius.

http://youtu.be/gfZTrek-i5s
If it doesn't load, Youtube is being slow in the processing department. Give it an hour
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Tue May 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Unless there are more issues I'm removing the WIP tag.

EDIT: Forgot I hadn't added the cloak image yet :lol: . Re-Added tag, I will update it when I get home.
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Sat May 30, 2015 3:21 am

Anyone want to take a stab at ship innards for this gib? I know its basic but Its better than nothing.

The area around the green is what Im looking for, but feel free to go out as far as you need.

Thanks in advance :D .
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:32 pm

I worked on Oxyless a bit. I rearranged the rooms and such to make it more compact within the the main body of the ship, gave it a cloak image, and gave it gibs. Creating a FTL-style cloak isn't too difficult as it involves simply tracing the outline of the ship and airbrushing the cloak outline with a color of your choice. Gibs, on the other hand, are a bit more involving but essentially come down to chopping the ship into pieces and adding struts and debris. I usually choppy and paste innards from gib imagery in the game's files and place them underneath the ship pieces until they look convincing.

But, anyhow, here ya go: The Oxyless 0.5
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard