[SHIP][AE] Lanius Destroyers V3.9[UPDATED]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP][AE] Lanius Destroyer V1

Postby stylesrj » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:49 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
Out of curiosity but is it possible to make an emergency respirator give 100% no suffocation damage?

Yes. There was a ship a while back (the Anomaly I believe) that used that feature. I've done it a couple times as well and it's nifty but there are some issues:

Crew will always be healing if you have nanobots or put them in the medbay. Despite the fact they're at full health.
And if the enemy ship has it... better crack out your crack soldiers to stop them because they just won't die.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:07 am

The ship has 25 health
Recommended for these ships, Kierany9's excellent Alternate hull strength HUDs (more specifically, the solid hull strength variant)

There is a reason Kierany9 didn't make a 25-point HUD.

I attempted it anyways. I also did something a little different.
25-point HUD
Did I test it? No... :(
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:12 am

RAD-82 wrote:
The ship has 25 health
Recommended for these ships, Kierany9's excellent Alternate hull strength HUDs (more specifically, the solid hull strength variant)

There is a reason Kierany9 didn't make a 25-point HUD.

I attempted it anyways. I also did something a little different.
25-point HUD
Did I test it? No... :(

I'll be sure to give this a spin. Thanks :)
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:46 am

A small update. I made changes to the Reaper's design to make it both slimmer and more compact, with a different layout that more closely resembles the Kruos's while retaining the "hallway" feature of the bombers. The Chain Laser 2's price has been hiked up to 100 scrap because, for all intents and purposes, it is superior to the Burst Laser Mark 2 and, combined with the Chain Laser 2 you already have, essentially grants you a Vulcan.

Aside from that, only other changes were the installation of Doors and Oxygen requiring 30 scrap to install once more.

EDIT: Probably gonna do one more change to the layout in a later update to essentially just expand the artillery room from 1x2 to 2x2 to fill out the space more gracefully and allow easier venting of the center of the ship.
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP][AE] Lanius Destroyer V1.1

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:09 am

BTW since your a fan of lanius ships quite a bit... I just wanna tell you there is a "type C" lanius ship in the coding, it still uses the type B hull because it isn't exactly a finished ship.

apparently it was first attempt at making the type B but scrapped.

Code: Select all

<!---

This is the original 1st version.  I replaced it with the U shaped ship with the inner ring of airlocks.  I'm
keeping this in case we need another layout for now
<shipBlueprint name="PLAYER_SHIP_ANAEROBIC_3" layout="anaerobic_cruiser_3" img="anaerobic_cruiser_3">
   <class>Shrike Cruiser</class>
   <name>wutwutwut</name>
   <unlock>>???????????</unlock>
   <desc>???????????????????</desc>
   <systemList>
      <pilot power="1" room="7" start="true"> 
         <slot>
            <direction>right</direction>
            <number>1</number>
         </slot>
      </pilot>
      <doors power="1" room="12" start="true"/> 
      <sensors power="1" room="5" start="true"/> 
      <oxygen power="1" room="6" start="true"/>
      <engines power="2" room="2" start="true">
         <slot>
            <direction>left</direction>
            <number>2</number>
         </slot>
      </engines>
      <shields power="2" room="4" start="true">
         <slot>
            <direction>down</direction>
            <number>0</number>
         </slot>
      </shields>
      <weapons power="2" room="11" start="true">
         <slot>
            <number>0</number>
         </slot>
      </weapons>
      <drones power="2" room="9" start="false"/>
      <medbay power="1" room="10" start="true"> 
         <slot>
            <number>2</number>
         </slot>
      </medbay>
      <teleporter power="1" room="14" start="true"/> 
      <cloaking power="1" room="3" start="true"/>
      <battery power="1" room="13" start="false"/>  <!-- NEEDS Room image
      <mind power="1" room="0" start="false"/>  <!-- NEEDS Room image
      <hacking power="1" room="1" start="false"/>  <!-- NEEDS Room image
   </systemList>
   <weaponSlots>4</weaponSlots>
   <droneSlots>2</droneSlots>
   <weaponList count="1" missiles="5">
      <weapon name="LASER_BURST_3"/>
   </weaponList>
   <droneList drones="2"/>
   <droneList count="0" drones="0"/>
   <health amount="30"/>
   <maxPower amount ="8"/>
   <crewCount amount = "4" class="anaerobic"/>
</shipBlueprint>
-->

however I can't find it's coding for position. So you basicly have to wing it and guess where those rooms would be located based on the fact it isn't a U shape. (O? blob? look at the vanilla bomber for ideas how it may look)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:59 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:BTW since your a fan of lanius ships quite a bit... I just wanna tell you there is a "type C" lanius ship in the coding, it still uses the type B hull because it isn't exactly a finished ship.

apparently it was first attempt at making the type B but scrapped.

Code: Select all

<!---

This is the original 1st version.  I replaced it with the U shaped ship with the inner ring of airlocks.  I'm
keeping this in case we need another layout for now
<shipBlueprint name="PLAYER_SHIP_ANAEROBIC_3" layout="anaerobic_cruiser_3" img="anaerobic_cruiser_3">
   <class>Shrike Cruiser</class>
   <name>wutwutwut</name>
   <unlock>>???????????</unlock>
   <desc>???????????????????</desc>
   <systemList>
      <pilot power="1" room="7" start="true"> 
         <slot>
            <direction>right</direction>
            <number>1</number>
         </slot>
      </pilot>
      <doors power="1" room="12" start="true"/> 
      <sensors power="1" room="5" start="true"/> 
      <oxygen power="1" room="6" start="true"/>
      <engines power="2" room="2" start="true">
         <slot>
            <number>2</number>
         </slot>
      </engines>
      <shields power="2" room="4" start="true">
         <slot>
            <direction>down</direction>
            <number>0</number>
         </slot>
      </shields>
      <weapons power="2" room="11" start="true">
         <slot>
            <number>0</number>
         </slot>
      </weapons>
      <drones power="2" room="9" start="false"/>
      <medbay power="1" room="10" start="true"> 
         <slot>
            <number>2</number>
         </slot>
      </medbay>
      <teleporter power="1" room="14" start="true"/> 
      <cloaking power="1" room="3" start="true"/>
      <battery power="1" room="13" start="false"/>  <!-- NEEDS Room image
      <mind power="1" room="0" start="false"/>  <!-- NEEDS Room image
      <hacking power="1" room="1" start="false"/>  <!-- NEEDS Room image
   </systemList>
   <weaponSlots>4</weaponSlots>
   <droneSlots>2</droneSlots>
   <weaponList count="1" missiles="5">
      <weapon name="LASER_BURST_3"/>
   </weaponList>
   <droneList drones="2"/>
   <droneList count="0" drones="0"/>
   <health amount="30"/>
   <maxPower amount ="8"/>
   <crewCount amount = "4" class="anaerobic"/>
</shipBlueprint>
-->

however I can't find it's coding for position. So you basicly have to wing it and guess where those rooms would be located based on the fact it isn't a U shape. (O? blob? look at the vanilla bomber for ideas how it may look)

Interesting, I'll see what I can do. Thanks. ;)

EDIT: So here's the scoop, and I'll probably add pictures later when I create my B layout utilizing the layout I came up with from you gave me.

Essentially, the only clue I had as to the positioning of the rooms were room numbers, which indicate which rooms were placed first and which ones were last. This order can get mixed up however if you delete a room in Superliminal; for instance, say you have rooms 4, 5, and 6, but then you delete room 5. Rooms 4 and 6 will remain numbered as 4 and 6. Whatever next room you create will become the new 5. However, this only really applies to modders usually.

Looking at official ships in the game, there's a pattern to how the rooms are created and thus numbered. Essentially, starting from the topmost grid line in the highest room, a line is drawn all the way to the right. Whatever rooms are in range of that line will be numbered accordingly from left to right before moving down to the next grid line.

For instance, in the Red-Tail, Rooms 0 and 1 are the Med bay and Mind Control. Rooms 2 and 3 are Shields and Oxygen, while 4 is just the Teleporter. Then, on the longest grid line, Rooms 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 are Engines, Battery, Doors, Empty, and Pilot.

The only ship I've seen so far that doesn't have this pattern is the Kestrel.

What's important however is that the Lanius Cruisers uphold the pattern and so I tried guessing how the rooms would be arranged in a way that allow the pattern to work. My results weren't exactly as stunning as an O or blob-shaped layout, but those who have seen the Raptor or Coercion's layout might find it rather familiar. All I can say, for now, is that it's not a U-shaped layout and the room placement is a bit strange, though I'm still tinkering with it. Indeed, I may actually achieve an O layout, now that I think about it, but you'll just have to wait and see. I'll take pictures of acceptable possibilities when I update the mod. -w-
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:13 am

So, these are the layouts I've come up with so far from the code. This is based primarily on room numbers and manning directions (with one exception for Weapons).

Circle Layout

Space Invader Layout

Combo Layout

Which one do you guys like most?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:58 am

Personelly? I can not decide!

However I think maybe the 2nd one maybe. Keep in mind literally everything in the inner area should be covered in air locks (not only for 'looks' but also that this does increase rate of removing O2!) but if we go with the 2nd one also do it on the left area of the sensors, empty room, and the up/ down part of the med bay and engines...

Also I think maybe moving around the rooms could work... maybe switch the shields to where the cloaking is, move the sensors where the shield formerly is.

And I am not sure about the rest... I kinda think the teleporter should be where the empty room is and the hacking should be mirroring where the mind control is (or hacking mirrors where drones are) and also for those outside parts, make the 2x2 rooms connecting (like it is atm) but the "battery"/ "mind control" atm are connected to the rooms to the right (to the teleporter/ hacking).

Maybe... just some silly ideas, these can apply to the 2nd or 3rd and I do not mind which one you choose.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 pm

I've hit a big of a snag in the making of an artillery system for the B layout. To spoil, it's basically a beam that heals your crew. Its the opposite of the Bio Beam. Unfortunately, even when the beam passes over the tiles that my boarders are standing on, they do not get healed regardless if shields are down or not (it has 5 shield piercing). Does anyone know whether or not this is a hardcoded limitation of beam weapons, or am I missing something?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:02 pm

I haven't tried it myself but I don't think healing beams work, It has to be a shot or a bomb.

Can you put the code in so someone can go "Well here's your problem. You forgot to include this part."