Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
steamtex

Re: Previews from the impatient

Postby steamtex » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:16 am

Soon...

NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:16 am

That sure is a lot of big guns there. Almost all of them quite powerful, too. (They do have nice detail work done on them, so nice job there.)

Just what are you planning?
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:03 am

NarnKar wrote:That sure is a lot of big guns there. Almost all of them quite powerful, too. (They do have nice detail work done on them, so nice job there.)

Just what are you planning?

Well, the highlight is the chain minibeam...
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:51 pm

These are the Barrage lasers, specifically the Barrage laser mk I, II, and III.
Picture them as a Burst laser, but has the area of affect simular to the flak (thus inaccurate both by the cone of fire and the natural accuracy penalty of these weapons)
Trade off is that they will fire quite a few more shots then a normal burst laser of equal power. I am debating specifically how many and rather it should be a linear increase (ie 1 or 2+ over normal,) or maybe a curve (+1, +2, +3 for the mk 1, 2, 3, so the mk 1 fires 3 shots, mk 2 fires 5 shots, mk 3 fires 7 shots)

opinions?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:05 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:These are the Barrage lasers, specifically the Barrage laser mk I, II, and III.
Picture them as a Burst laser, but has the area of affect simular to the flak (thus inaccurate both by the cone of fire and the natural accuracy penalty of these weapons)
Trade off is that they will fire quite a few more shots then a normal burst laser of equal power. I am debating specifically how many and rather it should be a linear increase (ie 1 or 2+ over normal,) or maybe a curve (+1, +2, +3 for the mk 1, 2, 3, so the mk 1 fires 3 shots, mk 2 fires 5 shots, mk 3 fires 7 shots)

opinions?

Art is good as always. How will you implement the flak spread? My assumption would be:

Code: Select all

<shots>3</shots>
   <projectiles>
      <projectile count="1" fake="false">projectile_name</projectile>
   </projectiles>

But I'm not positive if that'd work. I see no reason to assume it wouldn't.

How you balance the increase in shots really depends on the power it takes.
Assuming we've got a BL1, it fires 2 shots. I would say maybe 3 shots for the Barrage 1.
BL2 fires 3 shots. Probably 4 or 5 shots for Barrage 2.
BL3 fires 5 shots. Maybe 6 or 7 for Barrage 3.

Ultimately, I think the barrage weapons will function almost the same as the flak weapons, except it won't take 10 hours for the projectiles to reach the enemy ship. Assuming the power requirements are the same for each Barrage laser as they are for the BLs, I'd lean towards 5 for B2, and 7 for B3, as the Flak 2 takes 3 power and fires 7 with a cooldown of 21, whereas the BL3 takes 4 power and fires 5 with a cooldown of 19.

This also assumes cooldown, fire, breach, and other values are equal to their BL counterparts.

I like to think the trick is balancing weapons so they aren't overpowered, but also so they don't just suck. I think the problem is that people would just prefer two Barrage 2 lasers over any Barrage 3, much alike the situation with BL2 and 3.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:14 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:These are the Barrage lasers, specifically the Barrage laser mk I, II, and III.

opinions?

I'd simply use Flak weapon dps/power as a reference. The weapon graphics look great by the way.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:33 am

Well, I was going to work on a Scrin ship, but I recently started to listening to Amelia Earhart on the Thrilling Adventure Hour again and then I found this...
I think you can guess what I'm going to do next. C&C was starting to get old anyways, and it'll be interesting coming up with an excuse to put a WWII plane in space. This is barely more than a concept as it stands, the to do list includes cleaning up the outline then adding colors and shading of course, making the 50 Cal and altering the starting and boss events to work with whatever Thrilling Adventure Hour story line there is.

EDIT: Slowly but surely.

The firing animation is only one frame because I want it to fire as quickly as possible. I need ideas for a name for the plane, anybody got any?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:12 pm

My redesign of the anti bio beam, well to a degree, it uses the old anti bio beam stats with some modifications.
1 hull damage, high chance of fire (60% instead of 80%) and also does 45 (total including norm damage) bio damage.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:54 am

Chrono Vortex wrote:I need ideas for a name for the plane, anybody got any?

The (adjective) baron. (i.e.: red. lol)
Fokker (something)plane. (tri-? space-? astro-?)
The scourge of (something that isn't cheesy).
Enola Guy. (this could hurt somebody's sensibility)
Happy Ending. (random)

I dunno, try here if you're out of inspiration!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft

ps: I know it's "enola gay", it's just that using that same name would be weird. The "guy" makes it sound like a harmless hint to a famous plane. ...more or less.
ImageImageImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:05 am

Fokker (something)plane. (tri-? space-? astro-?)

How about the Muttafokker?