[MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby NarnKar » Sun May 24, 2015 6:43 pm

Warlord, maybe you intended to create a work-in-progress page. And that's fine. What's NOT fine is creating a WIP page in the subforum for complete mods*, and without any work done on it.

If you really want to make your own mod, then start with the stuff that's YOURS. You asked for help with your new content--so swing by the Mod Development section and get help there.
Cheese

Postby Cheese » Thu May 28, 2015 7:06 pm

Maybe we could make it so that its not every ship? And keep the events?
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:38 am

Update: Due to significant changes made by 1.6 and the developments made in the modding community (e.g. the revived Arcadian War and Hyperspace engine), I've rebuilt my "adaptation" of Decent Into Darkness to make it closer to the original (though the Zoltan Shield still needs 100 more scrap for one regular shield), and allow compatablity with other Total Conversions given the correct load order (though you can ONLY play with the Luxury Cruiser).

This version of the adaptation is recommended to be used with the latest update (1.6.9 as of 2019-09-04) of FTL in the English language, though older versions (till 1.05.4) will work, some of the event texts may be inconsistent.

Download the revamped adaptation here

I decided to create an unofficial AE Version of this mod from scratch (using the original mod) as the Hangar GUI seems to be broken in both versions. I also polished up the mod to fix some gaps that DryEagle left in, this is his final mod after all.

Download my old polished adaptation here
Download my old "faithful" adaptation here
Last edited by FearTheBlaziken on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:11 am, edited 9 times in total.

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:33 pm

an AE update of this mod already exists here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12203&start=100#p88255 however this does bring the question on how it should be made easier to see besides having it somewhere in the many pages for this mod... the 'best' place to see this is in the master mod list...

Is there any moderators out there possibly able to edit the updated version(s) of this mod in the original post?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Well I could do this but it feels like some kind of transgression that I'm not really authorized to perform. It's not my thread after all, so I'd only do that if DryEagle sanctions it, in which case he probably could just do it himself anyway. And as you mentioned, the master mod list leads to the post with the AE version already. *shrug*
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Personally I do not think DryEagle would mind if there was a brief annotation in the OP in brackets or what ever that says who edited it (ie you) and then the updated version.

However I also say this as DryEagle isn't really the most active person here... or even thinks about popping in some day
However simply creating a new thread along the lines of the title [MOD] Descent Into Darknesss - a major game overhaul [AE updated] could work.

Another option is to just leave it be I guess.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:21 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:However simply creating a new thread along the lines of the title [MOD] Descent Into Darknesss - a major game overhaul [AE updated] could work.
Well DryEagle has been pretty clear on that matter:
DryEagle wrote:So I thought I'd take a peek in. Looked over the last few pages of comments.
I find it quite flattering that you guys would go to the effort to update this when it's so old and all that.
So, just to add in my 2 cents:
I am prefectly fine with you guys fiddling about with it and trying to update it, so long as:
a) it's kept clear that I made the original mod (i.e. dont go posting it in a separate thread as a new mod)
b) it's kept clear that I had nothing to do with the AE stuff (pretty obvious)
That said, I am entirely done with FTL so don't expect me to do anything else with it. Haven't even played AE to be honest.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:25 pm

huh... forgot about that... Find it odd that you can't make a new thread even if the credits are immediately and clearly given to him for the original work...

ah, either way. it's not to much of a problem to begin with.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Turbo_Scrooge

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:51 pm

to make it super op, just install RAD's fleet after athena in advanced edition and captains
no spoilers from me, just check it out.
I goof off on superluminal. If I make something cool, the I post it.
Coffee&Cigarettes

Postby Coffee&Cigarettes » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:08 am

When I download this mod, it opens in WinRAR but all there is are folders. There's one labeled "img" and "data", respectfully. I can't find the .ftl file or how to install it. Any ideas?