[SHIP IDEA] The Fashion Faux Pas

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[SHIP IDEA] The Fashion Faux Pas

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:46 am

Just a quick idea:
Could someone make a ship that's really good in terms of gameplay mechanics or even ridiculously overpowered but it comes with a great cost -

The ship must look as tacky as possible. I'm not talking about a pink ship with flowers and rainbows. The ship must be very, very, very bad aesthetically. Colours that do not go well together, lots of lights and darks and many, many belts.
Even give the ship a pair of crocs.

That sort of thing. You would rather be blown up than be seen flying that tacky thing around the galaxy. The Federation can die, just so you don't have to fly it.
NarnKar

Re: [SHIP IDEA] The Fashion Faux Pas

Postby NarnKar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:37 am

I̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶l̶o̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶b̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶j̶a̶m̶.̶

So I just woke up and I remembered I had two threads I'd like to demonstrate here, before I get to work on my official submission:

viewtopic.php?t=27193
viewtopic.php?t=25853
Last edited by NarnKar on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:24 am

not gonna make it, but I think Narn Kar you should incorperate a burst laser that fires lasers going in rainbow colours and have an ion beam of some kind on the ship,
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:19 pm

hi everyone im new!!!!! *holds up burst laser 2* my name is narnian kartalion but u can call me NARNIE TEH PENGUIN OF DOOM!!! x3

i regret everything
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:28 pm

NarnKar wrote:hi everyone im new!!!!! *holds up burst laser 2* my name is narnian kartalion but u can call me NARNIE TEH PENGUIN OF DOOM!!! x3

i regret everything

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:39 pm

I was thinking less "Check out what my mother said was a god dwawing!" and more "Who the hell thought Crocs were a good idea?" kind of tacky fashion :lol:

Professional tackiness, like a Kestrel done in clashing colours and with Crocs for engines :P

EDIT: Also, I was thinking about guns... the guns should be tacky and their shots should most definitely have a high chance to stun the enemy on impact.
PLIOU

Postby PLIOU » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:48 am

A pair of crocs by pliou . Well , it's supposed to be footwear . It's too late now.

stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:53 am

Not tacky enough. Where's the conflict of colours that make a blind person weep?

Note: I actually don't know too much about tacky fashion. I guess it's something you see out in public and not mention it to anything but your fashion-conscious friends on Facebook.
Note 2: All I know about "tacky" fashion are that sometimes outfits are paraded out as "high fashion" and they honestly look stupid and impractical. But everyone else thinks they're good.
Note 3: The previous note implies that if I don't know what's tacky fashion, I'm probably the one doing it. Yeah I might be that guy who can't dress himself for the public.
PLIOU

Postby PLIOU » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:06 am

Is this tacky? Who cares about fashion? Image
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:32 am

Oh but you see, the noose is like totes the latest in neckgear!

I mean it's like so useful. If you find someone like wearing something totally unfashionable, you can like, I dunno string it up over a rafter and like go kill yourself so you don't have to like totally gaze upon it and hurt your eyes or something. Like oh my gosh that'd be so cool!