Zoltan Slaver

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
trollnoob3214

Zoltan Slaver

Postby trollnoob3214 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:15 am

I wasn't really planning to release this, but I haven't really seen an abducting ship with a one way drone bay so I decided to release this. Model and Gibs by Cryptid.
Mediafire Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j3wej ... er+V.1.ftl

Equipment:
-Engi Medibot Dispersal
-Drone Reactor Booster
-Placeholder Drone
-System Repair Drone
-Anti Personnel Drone

Weapons:
-Blast Missile
-Burst Laser 1

Crew:
-1 Slug
-1 Human
-1 Engi

Weapons:
-Level 2
-2 Slots

Drones:
-Level 4
-4 Slots
-1 Room

Engines:
-Level 2

Shields:
-Level 2

Oxygen:
-Level 1

Med bay:
-Level 1

Sensors:
-Level 1

Teleporter:
-Level 1
-2 Room

Mind Control:
-Level 1

Piloting:
-Level 1

Obviously the main strategy with this ship is to abduct enemy crew and kill them with the anti personnel drone. Due to the layout of the ship, the only way to heal crew is by relying on the engi medibot dispersal as the med bay is inside the jail deck of the ship. Mind controlled enemies are also healed by the medibots on top of the fact they can get inside of the med bay to heal up further so using the medi bay becomes a risk vs reward type deal. All shipboard drones are placed in a 1 by 1 room without doors. Using the placeholder drone, you can get drones outside the ship which is helpful in keeping the drone bay safe from harm. The downside is the placeholder needs to be out for the other drones to be able to get outside the ship and the drones can't get back inside the drone bay to heal. The burst laser 1 is your main method of attacking enemies, it's pretty standard overall. The Slug crew is used to detect enemy crew for the mind control. If your slug dies you can always just upgrade your sensors (still wont detect enemies inside the nebula. The blast missile is a backup weapon for disabling systems or dealing with 2 shield bubbles. It's a very expensive weapon to run, but deals huge damage as well as taking only 2 power. The ship comes with a 4 room drone bay so you can still afford to equip another drone to use on top of your starting drones. The main problem is the fact you only get 2 weapons slots to work with and minimal firepower.
Chrono Vortex

Re: Zoltan Slaver

Postby Chrono Vortex » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:12 am

trollnoob3214 wrote:I haven't really seen an abducting ship

There's already a ship created by NarnKar with the abduction gimmick literaly called the Abductor. No offence intended, it was one of a kind until now and pretty easy to miss, I just thought you should know.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:23 am

Chrono:

trollnoob3214 wrote:I wasn't really planning to release this, but I haven't really seen an abducting ship with a one way drone bay so I decided to release this. Model and Gibs by Cryptid.

It's an overly narrow superlative :P
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Right off the bat it seems like the medbay is useless at its current position and should be connected to the right side of the ship rather than the left side. At its current position it doesn't have any use and there isn't any way to heal the crewmembers.

I do however, like the play style that the ship demands by separating the two halves of the ship
The left half being for abduction and drone repair to systems on that half ( Don't get rid of yer system repair drone unless you plan on using repair burst )

The right half on the other hand requires crewmember support rather than reliance on drones
trollnoob3214

Postby trollnoob3214 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:06 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:Right off the bat it seems like the medbay is useless at its current position and should be connected to the right side of the ship rather than the left side. At its current position it doesn't have any use and there isn't any way to heal the crewmembers.

I do however, like the play style that the ship demands by separating the two halves of the ship
The left half being for abduction and drone repair to systems on that half ( Don't get rid of yer system repair drone unless you plan on using repair burst )

The right half on the other hand requires crewmember support rather than reliance on drones

You have medibot dispersal. You can still heal your crew it just gives the risk of healing your enemy.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:13 pm

best upgrade the medbay then.

or, what if you switch to the clonebay? then wouldn't you get screwed over due to the divided nature of the ship namely:
the pilot and medbay being on opposite halves
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:18 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:best upgrade the medbay then.

or, what if you switch to the clonebay? then wouldn't you get screwed over due to the divided nature of the ship namely:
the pilot and medbay being on opposite halves

Try not to do that then :P

Although it would be tempting to buy a Clone Bay, because giant alien spiders are no joke!