[SHIP][AE] Caduceus - Zoltan D

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Tereglith

[SHIP][AE] Caduceus - Zoltan D

Postby Tereglith » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:40 pm

This Zoltan Medevac ship is designed to help the injured and dying in emergencies, not fight a war

Download of Caduceus 1.2 here:http://www.mediafire.com/download/mvqrcir62z785jv/Caduceus+1.2.ftl

Zoltan boarding! We all want it on a ship better than the Fregatidae! Well, here it is.

The Caduceus is designed with healing in mind - it has a clonebay to revive those who are too far gone, and reconstructive teleport to help those clinging to life as they're evacuated, plus an oxygen-rich environment for rehabilitation and a series of triage rooms that could be converted to have extra systems in them, if needed. And then there's that breach bomb, used to open up wrecked ships like a Jaws of Life - though it could always be used against an enemy in a pinch. Come to think of it, that teleporter and clone bay could be used offensively, too - but a pacifist race like the Zoltans would never do that, right? :mrgreen:

HANGAR VIEW:

Aftermath of a fight early in Sector 1, no upgrades yet:

The ship has been playtested on Normal:

No functioning gibs yet.
Last edited by Tereglith on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP][AE] Caduceus - Zoltan D

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:03 am

Something about the colour scheme makes it off-putting. I know, white and red makes a hospital ship, but I think it'd look better a bit more greyed up rather than a big, bright glowing beacon.

Which again, I can see what you're getting at here as it is a medevac ship and it should look bright but I guess the glow isn't fitting for an FTL ship.
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:40 am

I think the problem is that he just changed the hue and turned lightness up to max without adding any sort of new shading or re-tracing lines. This is really off putting and just makes the ship look like a solid block of color rather than something with dimension to it.
Tereglith

Postby Tereglith » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:48 am

Okay, I get the message - I'm going to try to rework the hull art.

EDIT: Okay, I redid the hull with quite a bit more care this time. I also added a breach bomb 1 to facilitate fighting auto-ships and make zoltan shield takedowns at least a possibility (albeit a costly one). The new version is currently linked in the top post and pictures will arrive shortly.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:52 am

Tereglith wrote:New Hull for 1.2

Before that one went up, I made an attempt on the hull. I don't really know if I like it, but something about it feels good even if it is wrong.
I don't like how only one of the three dots on the right has the darker shading, but that is a problem with the original Adjudicator hull that I didn't bother to fix.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:02 am

I like both. Type D and Type E?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:15 am

RAD-82 wrote:
Tereglith wrote:New Hull for 1.2

Before that one went up, I made an attempt on the hull. I don't really know if I like it, but something about it feels good even if it is wrong.
I don't like how only one of the three dots on the right has the darker shading, but that is a problem with the original Adjudicator hull that I didn't bother to fix.

Hmmm... idea! make that red glow. that may fix it.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.