FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nider_01

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278b/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Nider_01 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:50 pm

I just posted a suggestion for HA on it's forum. You should take a look :)
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:CE Update 1.278b
- Removed some bad github stuff

Thanka you, Sleeper ;D
thereaverofdarkness

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.277b/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:50 am

RAD-82 wrote:
thereaverofdarkness wrote:I watched one of Twinge's playthroughs on that streak (with the Stealth B) and right near the beginning of the video he exploits a bug that doesn't exist on my version: while the pilot is mind controlled, he has a crewmember enter the pilot's room and gain full bonus as if he were in the seat even though he's merely stepping into the room, and then he activates cloak before the crewmember gets to the pilot position and enters combat, which causes the ship to maintain full pilot-bonused evasion during cloak. When I try that, the crewmember does apply unbonused piloting evasion to the room upon entering but must reach the seat before applying the full bonus, if the crewmember enters combat the bonus will disappear, and activating cloak before he reaches the spot will not prevent the evasion from going down. So he had 75% evasion I think it was, when he should have had 60%.

You need to re-evaluate your statement here. There is no exploit there.

75% = 60% cloak + 10% Lvl 2 engines + 5% Engine manning bonus

I see no piloting bonus in that.

You can't receive any engine bonus without either a pilot or autopilot. His pilot was in combat but still providing a "zero bonus" as in facilitating engine and engineer bonuses to evasion without autopilot. This doesn't work on my version.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:07 am

thereaverofdarkness wrote:{stuff}

As I said before, you need to re-evaluate your statement. It is filled with errors. When you can recognize those errors and correct them, then you will see that there is no exploit there.

"he has a crewmember enter the pilot's room and gain full bonus as if he were in the seat even though he's merely stepping into the room"
This is an error. He did not gain "full bonus." He gained a function piloting system since someone was in the room, and so he has full use of the engines, but no bonus from the pilot. The Stealth B starts with Level 2 engines, which gives 10% evasion. They are manned by an inexperienced crewmember, so the engines get a 5% bonus. Adding that 15% to the 60% provided by the cloak gives him 75% evasion, which is what you said he had.

"When I try that, the crewmember does apply unbonused piloting evasion to the room upon entering"
Same thing that happened with him. So you shouldn't be going around and saying, "This doesn't work on my version," when you already said it did. You are contradicting yourself because you made an erroneous statement.

---

Just to make myself clear, I think RNG plays a bigger role in failure than lack of skill. RNG has to give you stuff in order for your skill to become relevant. CE adds so much stuff, that it is harder for the RNG to bless a player. To me, that is the harsher environment of CE. I have no desire to ever play that. I just use CE as an occasional modding source. :mrgreen: (Ship, ships with artillery for CE users, and a gameplay mod; a small plug of my mods that have been influenced by CE.)
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:19 am

RAD-82 wrote:Just to make myself clear, I think RNG plays a bigger role in failure than lack of skill. RNG has to give you stuff in order for your skill to become relevant. CE adds so much stuff, that it is harder for the RNG to bless a player. To me, that is the harsher environment of CE.

Funny - to me, it is exactly otherwise. Skill, or lack of it, affects how (un)effectively we can use what RNG gives us. 90% of times when i lose, I can identify my mistake that was major reason for ultimate demise of my ship (sometimes, after a while of calm thinking :) ) - I mean situations that i could have handled better at the time when they occurred, given the things i knew back then. Sure, sometimes, it is just plain impossible to get out of some situation - but, as I sad, i don't think it' is more than 10% of playthroughs. That's on CE Hard, i bet that "Normal" is even more forgiving.
Last edited by Estel on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:17 am

I probably don't know what I'm saying, because when I think about it, the main thing that comes to mind is the beacons in a sector. You can't hit them all, and RNG can give you a bad hand for the ones you do get. That isn't exactly CE exclusive, since that is also a part of vanilla FTL. Perhaps I can't exactly articulate why I choose not to play CE. :oops:

----

Reddit post

R4V3-0N would like an option to get the simple naming system of sectors.

This would be very simple, but I don't have time right now to make it.

You need one file: sector_data.xml.append

For each sector, you use this code:

Code: Select all

<mod:findName type="sectorDescription" name="{insert sector ID code here}">
   <mod-overwrite:nameList>
      <name>{insert simple sector name here}</name>
   </mod-overwrite:nameList>
</mod:findName>

This will replace all the random names with one single name that you put in.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:42 am

That is under consideration. Thanks for posting a version using the advanced SMM tags, that will make this a lot more compatible.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:20 pm

I figured I'd chime in real quick with some bugfixing, since this cold that's been turning my nose into a broken tap is deciding to weaken enough to allow me to work again. I've found three things that need fixing.. with one of them being a gamecrasher.

events.xml, CE_REBEL_TURNCOAT_PRISONER has a coding typo that breaks the Ship Damage occurrence here.
events_rebel.xml, CE_QUEST_REBEL_POW_MEETING has an outcome that calls to have a Zoltan join your crew, but calls 'zoltan' instead of 'energy'.
events_fuel.xml, there is a massive XML error involving CE_NO_FUEL_ZOLTAN_SACRIFICE and misplaced /'s on event closing tags, causing every event after it to be broken.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Thanks for reporting I guess. This is somewhat dissonant with you going on a massive rant on how much this mod sucks on reddit. Why contribute to it at all? :|
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm not going to drag that into here. As a member of this community, I am still very much willing to lend a helping hand in any way, shape and form that I am able to render. Even if that does occasionally come in the form of a tirade as gratuitous as back over there. That was a train of thought that simply refused to believe it had any brakes at all.

With my own work's development starting to calm down in pace, and this godforsaken cold of mine finally weakening to a level where I can actually think, I'll see if I can park some time into helping out here, suggestions and such like. If the github is up to date as well, I'll find a time window to help with the spelling and grammar, too.