FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:35 pm

thatonesungod wrote:I have a crash issue, i have played 2 runs of CE one as noether, one as stealth cruiser b, both times i have reached the final beacon an attempted to jump, at which point the game promptly froze, i reloaded the noether game 3 times and tried to jump to 2 diffrent beacons and the new sector, at on of the beacons the freeze did not occur until i finished the dialogue, i gave up and restarted as the steath cruiser, made it to exit beacon, tried to jump to another beacon, crash, tried to jump out of sector, crash. PLS HELP MEH I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME
Odd, that hints at some problems with sector loading, which has been stable in CE for some time as far as I can tell... Can you post your mod order? That might help finding the cause of this...

Lightwavers wrote:I am discovering a number of beacons which crash you...
Thanks for reporting in. These might be fixed now.

CE Update 1.278
- On-board Science Lab, On-Board Assembly Line and Cargo Teleporter are cheaper now
- Basic Laser Mark II fire chance increased
- Hull Laser Mark I breach chance increased
- Basic Laser Mark II and Hull laser Mark I price decreased
- Traveling through nano bot clouds now halts the Rebels fleet advance entirely instead of just delaying it
- Teleporter disruption field now allows to apprehend or hire the marooned Slug thief
- Added a missing pre-fight fall-back continue to one of the confined space event in auto sectors (potentially increasing game stability?)
- Added missing pre-fight fall-back continue to a couple nebula events (potentially finally fixing that persisting nebula crash?)
- Pulled recent github grammar fixes and spell-checking
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:41 am

Patching failed: org.jdom2.JDOMException: While processing "FTL Captains Edition 1.278.ftl:data/events.xml.append (wrapped)", strict parsing failed, then sloppy parsing failed: Error on line 756: At line 756, column 1: Unexpected characters.

What does this mean? Does this indicate that someone may have made a mistake in the codings textings n' such? (this happened when I tried to patch in slipstream :3

Also, 'Hugh' is a name! So when people are saying things like "Hugh? You dare refuse me?" it sounds very silly :P It's like the word 'Though'. It doesn't sound like tho-uh like it might seem it should. English is stupid :P

So 'Hugh?' should be 'huh?' :P
Lightwavers

Postby Lightwavers » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:44 am

I also got:

Patching failed: org.jdom2.JDOMException: While processing "FTL Captains Edition 1.278.ftl:data/events.xml.append (wrapped)", strict parsing failed, then sloppy parsing failed: Error on line 756: At line 756, column 1: Unexpected characters.

When attempting to use the new patch, thinking it would let me continue my save that had a path blocked by a crash nebula. Nope. Is there a way to install the earlier version of CE so that I can actually play? I stupidly deleted the 1.277b version...
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:46 am

Lightwavers wrote:I also got:

When attempting to use the new patch, thinking it would let me continue my save that had a path blocked by a crash nebula. Nope. Is there a way to install the earlier version of CE so that I can actually play? I stupidly deleted the 1.277b version...

Try this http://www.mediafire.com/download/5a1xa ... 1.277b.ftl
Lightwavers

Postby Lightwavers » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:52 am

Thanks! :)
Never deleting old mods until I am sure the new one works from now on.

A question: How would one go about changing the mod files to something editable, and then back? I tried converting it to XML through the command line and through changing the file extension to .xml (not sure if this is right, I'm a noob at this), and those didn't work.
Skop

Postby Skop » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:24 am

http://puu.sh/juJjw/9372401a0a.jpg Hi. I found a spelling error in an encounter. The sector is mining fleet "Liberation"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:38 am

Line 756 in events.xml.

Code: Select all

<<<<<<< HEAD
      <text>The weapon platform reports it problems locking onto the enemy. You navigate too close to your opponent; if the ASB fires, it might hit your ship as well.</text>
=======
      <text>The weapon platform reports it has problems locking onto the enemy. You navigate to close to your opponent; if the ASB fires, it might hit your ship as well.</text>
>>>>>>> f0f033e... more spelling and grammar fixes for blueprints, dlcEvents, events,

Unexpected characters. Once those are removed however, CE works fine.
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:24 am

stylesrj wrote:Line 756 in events.xml.

Code: Select all

<<<<<<< HEAD
      <text>The weapon platform reports it problems locking onto the enemy. You navigate too close to your opponent; if the ASB fires, it might hit your ship as well.</text>
=======
      <text>The weapon platform reports it has problems locking onto the enemy. You navigate to close to your opponent; if the ASB fires, it might hit your ship as well.</text>
>>>>>>> f0f033e... more spelling and grammar fixes for blueprints, dlcEvents, events,

Unexpected characters. Once those are removed however, CE works fine.

How do you edit this yourself? Is this FTLdat thang?

And scop, as you go compile them all into a notepad.. for example: "AI Sector - shop beacon: "gives the impression that...."

I think all you need is a section of text that you can ctrl + f to find in github.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:55 am

I ended up in another Slug Nebula, because I pretty much had to...

When you duel Captain Nights with your Slug, if your Slug loses, several Slugs teleport onboard your ship. Perhaps the Teleport Disruptor could have a few words with those intruders (now if only I hadn't sold it for a Shield Bypass!)