FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.277b/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:35 pm

stylesrj wrote:1) Engi Homeworld Event. After I get the real intel, I have no other choice but to let those Rebel scum go... but what if I'm flying a Slug ship? Why can't I go back on my truce and attack or why can't I try with other ships. I hate letting Rebels go with some idea of a choice. Especially when I can attack the decoy without consequence (Although those guys were asking for it and who here ever let them go?)

Unfortunately that isn't possible, because crew-killing the ship also has to result in gaining the intel. Being able to attack the ship again could therefor potentially lead to getting the quest two times, if the ships is crew-culled afterwards. Removing the later isn't really possible either, cause that would prevent all crew-killer builds from completing the quest at all.

stylesrj wrote: The Slug event where the guy beams onboard and steals your stuff if you were silly enough not to remember how many moons you flew past.
I'm pretty sure no one ever does get that wrong, but I might still add that.

thereaverofdarkness wrote:He got lucky, even in AE which is a lot more fair.

Well he and the other 20+ hard game winstreakers get lucky pretty consistently then. ;) CE is designed for Normal difficulty by the way, thats made pretty clear on the front page. The existence of Hard mode does not feature into the mod.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:48 pm

Unfortunately that isn't possible, because crew-killing the ship also has to result in gaining the intel. Being able to attack the ship again could therefor potentially lead to getting the quest two times, if the ships is crew-culled afterwards. Removing the later isn't really possible either, cause that would prevent all crew-killer builds from completing the quest at all.

Ah, I never thought about that.
But then again chances are you were either going to kill the crew anyway and thus wouldn't trigger the surrender (hopefully!) or you were going to atomise the ship for spare parts.

Of course people would exploit that but those are the same sort who return to that Zoltan facility that gives them the free augment (like I do!)

I'm pretty sure no one ever does get that wrong, but I might still add that.

It happened once... before AE. From then on in, every time I see the event text say "You arrive at the distress beacon" and nothing else I think to myself "I wonder how many moons it will be this time?"

But I need to make it my mission to find all those events where intruders beam onboard without warning and no way of using my Disruptor to stop them :lol:
It's not like that Slug offering a drink and stealing your stuff while you're asleep. Clearly no teleporter was used there.

In other news... I once ran out of fuel and I actually had spent 95 Scrap on getting 10 units with that Slug trader. What was at a nearby beacon? A store!
Good thing it was CE Infinite where losing 95 Scrap isn't too bad. I mean it's bad but you have time to get it back.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:01 pm

thereaverofdarkness wrote:I watched one of Twinge's playthroughs on that streak (with the Stealth B) and right near the beginning of the video he exploits a bug that doesn't exist on my version: while the pilot is mind controlled, he has a crewmember enter the pilot's room and gain full bonus as if he were in the seat even though he's merely stepping into the room, and then he activates cloak before the crewmember gets to the pilot position and enters combat, which causes the ship to maintain full pilot-bonused evasion during cloak. When I try that, the crewmember does apply unbonused piloting evasion to the room upon entering but must reach the seat before applying the full bonus, if the crewmember enters combat the bonus will disappear, and activating cloak before he reaches the spot will not prevent the evasion from going down. So he had 75% evasion I think it was, when he should have had 60%.

You need to re-evaluate your statement here. There is no exploit there.

75% = 60% cloak + 10% Lvl 2 engines + 5% Engine manning bonus

I see no piloting bonus in that.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:56 am

Sleeper Service wrote:CE is designed for Normal difficulty by the way, that's made pretty clear on the front page. The existence of Hard mode does not feature into the mod.

:|

You can tell... some of the stuff being thrown at you on hard is just ridiculous.
It's not so much the fact that you gain less scrap. Besides, there's ways to counteract that in CE (slug gel, cargo TP,...).
But some of those ships you encounter. :shock:
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:10 am

should rename CE's Hard mode "Nightmare" instead. Just because of the insanity you meet.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:56 pm

I think that we should call it "Rockman('s) mode" ;)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Or Kaizo's I Wanna Be The Dark Souls Cat difficulty
thatonesungod

Postby thatonesungod » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:30 pm

I have a crash issue, i have played 2 runs of CE one as noether, one as stealth cruiser b, both times i have reached the final beacon an attempted to jump, at which point the game promptly froze, i reloaded the noether game 3 times and tried to jump to 2 diffrent beacons and the new sector, at on of the beacons the freeze did not occur until i finished the dialogue, i gave up and restarted as the steath cruiser, made it to exit beacon, tried to jump to another beacon, crash, tried to jump out of sector, crash. PLS HELP MEH I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME
Lightwavers

Postby Lightwavers » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:14 pm

I am discovering a number of beacons which crash you...

The first one is in a nebula, and whenever I try to jump to the beacon the game freezes up before the ship jumps, and then crashes and goes back to before the jump.

The second beacon is in an A.I. sector, and I can actually jump there, and read a long text about having jumped to a huge A.I. hanger. However, when I push continue, the game crashes like I described above, and dumps me back on the beacon I was at before the jump when I load the save. Also, there is a hazard that looks like hangar doors.

I do not currently know how to take a screenshot, F12 doesn't seem to work, and if it does I cannot find it.

Using CE, CE Infinite, all the music and endless loot addons and better backgrounds in the correct load order.