FTLRP: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
SciGuy303

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby SciGuy303 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:17 am

A.R.K.O.N noticed that the first crewmember arrived, so it decided to greet the crewmember right away.
"Welcome to the Arkangel. I am A.R.K.O.N, the AI assistant aboard the ship. I'm assuming you're Marsha Glade?" A.R.K.O.N said, looking at her name tag through the cameras. The AI was quite exited, as it has been one and a half years since it had a crew to guide around.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
95% Chance

Postby 95% Chance » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:25 am

The first thing that Skro was worried about was hull breaches.

This... Arkangel, wasn't a Slug ship. and he just knew that somewhere down the line, not having that gel was gonna end up biting them in the ass. Cynical was the word of the day it seemed. As unimpressive as the ship looked on the outside, perhaps it was for the best. They weren't an assault crew, they were effectively Hunters. Hunters brought to mind the Mantis, and perhaps Skro would have to channel that Mantis ruthlessness. He certainly looked the part at least. A burly Slug-man, covered in scars and battle armor? Not even the your thoughts were safe. At his side he carried a Federation-era laser revolver. They had been taken out of commission years ago due to... Complaints, of them being cruel and inhumane, not cauterizing wounds as they passed through something.

It was fitting of such an individual.

He made his way up to where the ship was docked, looking at the scanner and exhaling roughly, before pulling out his ID and holding it up clearly visible to the camera, idly wondering if any of his other crew had come already. Apparently he was the Captain. Or at least the Pilot. He didn't know about leading others. If he needed to, he'd be running a tight ship. The airlock opened with a hiss and he slithered inside, it closing behind him as he waited for decontamination and an ID check. Standard rebel protocol.

Annoying. Standard Rebel protocol.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:21 am

Marsha rolled her eyes at what she assumed was a camera looking at her.
"No, I stole her ID and I'm actually a Federation infiltrator hoping to sabotage the Rebellion from within" Marsha said snarkily. She wondered if either she'd get a laugh out of it or have a thousand lasers pointed at her. Like going through Spaceport Security, she thought to herself, stepping inside the ship and bumping into a burly, battle-scarred Slug. "Uh-oh..." she whispered. "Ummm... good day sir?"
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:52 pm

A quick mental scan showed that Marsha was actually Marsha, but she was secretly a federation sympathizer. However, ARKON decided to keep her secret.
"You can't fool me, Marsha. I have mental scanners all over the ship. Thus, there is no need to introduce yourselves."
Speaking all across the ship now, he added "The same goes for you, Skro, and for you, Daniel."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Marsha's mind felt overwhelmed with the Slug onboard, and now even the AI was getting in on the action, broadcasting messages into her mind.
She quickly brushed past the Slug and quickly moved down the corridor, opening the first door on her left and sealing it behind her. She took several deep breaths and slumped behind the door, hands on the bulkhead as if she could physically hold back several tons of advanced alloy with her bare, unaugmented hands.

She closed her eyes and set her neural implant to connect to the ship's network. While it allowed easier communication between Captain and crew during combat, it also meant certain vulnerabilities. But if she was to survive...

She opened her eyes and realised that she wasn't staring at field modulators, resonance capacitors and other high-tech technobabble-inducing devices involving energy shields. No, she was staring at the heavy machinery that involved an engine room. And someone was already there.

"Ummm... hello sir?" Marsha said nervously.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:42 pm

Just wondering, how should replies work? Is it best to wait for someone else to post before making my reply (in case someone else wants to join into the conversation) or should I not worry?
I'm worried that if two people (or just me and another) are going back & forth with posts that others might be lost.

Marsha recomposed herself. She thought she might have wandered into another bad situation with a superior officer... or an alien. But as she looked at the man at the console, she realised he was just another member of the crew and probably just an Ensign like herself.

She cleared her throat and lowered her hood, giving him a nervous smile "Yeah it's a nice ship... but I've seen better ones in the spaceport. Did you see an old Kestrel in orange? Why couldn't we have that?"

She scratched her head and twiddled her fingers in awkward silence for a minute wondering just how the conversation would continue. Two nervous strangers on the same ship discussing what was essentially the weather out in the stars.

No doubt the AI was listening in and perhaps cataloguing their thoughts. It already knew that the Ensign preferred the Federation over the Rebellion. What if it decided that Marsha's small talk was an attempt at subversion?
"So yeah... I think this isn't the Shield Room." She gestured back towards the doors "So yeah I think I'll be going and seeing what I can do about those barriers... nothing suspicious about that, right?"
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:02 am

Assuming I wasn't about to leave for two weeks, I would submit this. But I won't, since it's terrible and I'm about to leave.

http://pastebin.com/Yef6d7DU
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:09 am

IndustrialRobot wrote:Aww. To me it seemed pretty interesting.
By the way, Sciguy, could you possibly make schematics for the ship? Stuff like system power and maybe interior?
I like the story so far. :)

I'm wirking on it. I'm still working on how to use superlimial.

Meanwhile, ARKON received a transmission from the command bridge of the hangar vessel. It seems that they are giving us some scrap to buy our weapons.
"We just got some scrap from the Rebellion. My scans are picking up a merchant where we can stock up for the journey one jump away. Should we?" ARKON quickly wonders whether they need to take the items by force or not.
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:59 am

By the way, Sciguy, could you possibly make schematics for the ship? Stuff like system power and maybe interior?

If you want, I can handle this. Just tell me what you have in mind, otherwise I'll freeball it.

Me, freeballin' it:

ftl file (no gibs, nothing fancy)
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:08 am

steamtex wrote:

If you want, I can handle this. Just tell me what you have in mind, otherwise I'll freeball it.

Me, freeballin' it:

ftl file (no gibs, nothing fancy)

Like it a lot :) Though maybe the cloak and the teleporter should switch places. 4 pad teleporter is a little unusual for a small ship like that :lol: Other than that, good job!