[Ship][AE][CE ready] The Agni Shila

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

[Ship][AE][CE ready] The Agni Shila

Postby Biohazard063 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:51 am

Origin
The next in the line of my collaboration with Anistuffs. Decided to have some more fun with rock boarding, this is what "we" (insider joke) came up with. Rock boarding is good, rock boarding with a fire weapon is better. Problem is I already used all the fire weapons in some form or way. Firebeam is on the Firehazard, fire drone is on the Pyroxenite and I just don't like the fire bomb as a a starting weapon. So I decided to borrow yet another weapon from CE and ported it over to be used in vanilla AE. So we had a fire weapon, we then needed a way to take down shields. With rock boarding already strong, we decided against a laser barrage and looked towards ion weaponry. And whilst we could've gone with a traditional one, I felt I could do something cool. So I adapted the idea of the pierce ion weaponry and created my own (with art from CE again...). And that was it, the Agni Shila was created.

Downloads
Dropbox : Link
Mediafire : Link

Strategy
I think this is pretty clear. Use the Ion phaser to take down the shields and ionize another system (like weapons), hit them with the plasma thrower and send in the rockmen.
You're still able to take down AI ships, but timing is a bit tricky. ;)
With no systems in a 2x2 room, quick repairs are usually out of the question. But thanks to the layout of this ship you can vent each system individually and relatively quick as well.

Other useful info
The ship replaces Rock C.

The ship has an artillery mount and weapon for those playing with Captains Edition, CE is required to use and buy the artillery but is otherwise not required to play with this ship. The artillery is weapon is the Mother Sun Plasma Thrower found on the rock B.

Showcase video's
Mayden voyage
Anistuffs showcase

Credit
Kartoflane : Creator of the Superluminal program
Sleeper Service : For the weapon art and animations
Creator of the hull : Tweevle in Type B Enemy Ship Graphics
Anistuffs : Co-creator and main play-tester
Last edited by Biohazard063 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Anistuffs

Re: [Ship][AE][CE ready] The Agni Shila

Postby Anistuffs » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Video incoming :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E41-QdLsHzc

P.S. The video contains the explanation and origin of the name of the ship.

P.P.S. It's a huge Bilingual Bonus for Indians ;)
Anistuffs - The Indian Let's Player.
Here's my Youtube channel with over 1500 LP videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Anistuffs
Why not pop over and say hi :)
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Anistuffs wrote:P.S. The video contains the explanation and origin of the name of the ship.

P.P.S. It's a huge Bilingual Bonus for Indians ;)

Or what appears to be a pop-idol for the non-Indians amongst us...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
Squishybrick

Postby Squishybrick » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:08 am

Can't get the ship patched in, I hit an error.

java.io.IOException: Cannot repack datfile with overlapping entries ("data/rooms.xml" and "data/Nieuw tekstdocument.txt"

Is this an error involving the ship clashing with another mod? Or with the ship itself?

Discord: Squishybrick#0187
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:37 pm

Squishybrick wrote:Can't get the ship patched in, I hit an error.

java.io.IOException: Cannot repack datfile with overlapping entries ("data/rooms.xml" and "data/Nieuw tekstdocument.txt"

Is this an error involving the ship clashing with another mod? Or with the ship itself?

Discord: Squishybrick#0187

It's a problem with the mod itself. There was a file in there that shouldn't be there. Gotten rid of it and reuploaded the mod.
Dropbox link should have the new one.
Cheers for letting me know. And apologies for the late reply. I don't really spend much time here anymore so...
Channel link