FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
byron79957

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.277b/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby byron79957 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:07 pm

Ah - thanks so much! Renaming the file instead of unzipping it worked perfectly. The mod looks excellent - can't wait to explore the FTL universe again!

Byron
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:34 am

Grrruby wrote:And what about having more augments? Is there any way to have at least 4 and not 3? :D

That's a game limitation. Can't change it or otherwise I'd be happy to engage in the trading system rather than go "Stop giving me Industrial materials and give me some frakking money guys!" after saving a ship in trouble.
Krazyguy75

Postby Krazyguy75 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:39 pm

I have a suggestion for the Trading Augments: Have an option to scrap them upon pickup, getting a small amount of scrap instead.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:18 pm

"But that would ruin the whole point of the system. Do you keep around those useless materials until you find a store or do you just leave them behind and not get any money because you're already full up on useful augments?" - Says no one ever.

I agree with you. Before picking up an augment of supplies, there should be a choice. "You find the pirate ship's hold is full of archaeological relics"

1) Take them. They belong in a museum after all - Gain Augment Relics
2) Hey wait a minute, some of these could be repurposed as scrap parts - Gain 10 Scrap (or whatever is half of what you'd get if you found a store and sold them at it. So half of a half)

Or...
"You find construction supplies used for space station building"
1) Take them. Some space station might want to expand.
2) A space station is just a ship with smaller engines. So why not use them on your own?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:36 pm

+1
To the idea that you should be able to get a very minor amount of scrap whenever you find a trade augment.

I really wish the devs had given the ability to use cargo items in blue options and/or remove them from cargo with a command. :( That would have made everything so much easier. But unfortunately we just have to find ways around that limitation...

Or at least whenever you get one from a ship as that woukd make writing the text easier. If you don't want the trade augment after helping a ship you could say "Keep it, we're just happy to help" with a chance to get scrap instead. Or as a pirate you could say "We don't want your junk! Pay up or else!" with a guaranteed low payment of scrap.

Some additional ways to sell trade augments for optimal prices would also be nice. For example, when (like in Sid Meier's pirates) drinking at a station the bartender might ask if you're hauling any Cargo (queue Blue Option). If so the bartender could give you the location of someone in that sector who might be willing to pay big for what you're hauling. (Unless you're goods are generic, then they say you should be able to find a buyer for those at any store).

While on the subject of drinking at stations I also think it would be nice if you could maybe get some quests by socializing in the Cantina. It could be an alternate way to start those special quests or get a Bounty Hunter quest etc... It would just be nice to incentivize socializing at the cantina more rather than just choosing to shoot up every station you come across.

EDIT: I had another random idea recently, perhaps it could be possible to get an event to sell your goods by talking to a Slug (or Human even, if you want to make them slightly more useful) crewmember as well. The text could say something like "Your crewmember tells you that they used to be a trader..."(For Slug Gel maybe? ;) ) and they traveled far and wide across the galaxy". If you have any trade augments you can ask your Slug if they know anybody nearby who may be interested in what you are hauling.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:01 am

I noticed that a lot of the missiles in the resource folder have actual animations now instead of just single framed images. I added one of the missile weapons that uses one of the new projectile animations to the starting load of one of the ships and slowed the projectile speed down to 1 so I could see how it looked. The animations don't seem to work, they just stay on the first frame. I don't think missile weapons can use multi-framed projectile animations.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:50 am

Chrono Vortex wrote:I don't think missile weapons can use multi-framed projectile animations.

Yep, you are correct. I created those sprites long ago when I wasn't aware of the above. I just left them in cause it doesn't really matter. Animated projectiles work for non MISSILE type weapons though. You can create missile weapons that are actually LASER or BURST type. They will have animated projectiles, but they will no longer be targetable by defense drones.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:You can create missile weapons that are actually LASER or BURST type. They will have animated projectiles, but they will no longer be targetable by defense drones.

What about the Swarm Missile? That's a BURST type weapon that drones can target.
So is Flak. Isn't there a line that says "Is targetable" that determines if Mk.I Drones can shoot it down.

So wouldn't the requirement just be setting your "laser" projectile to be targeted by Drones if you want an animated projectile?
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:57 am

That would also require altering every missile animation so they're facing left. Is there a more organized version of the blueprints.xml.append file somewhere? It's really hard to find anything in the one available for download.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage