[SHIP] [AE] The Burier

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Chrono Vortex

[SHIP] [AE] The Burier

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:53 pm

“They thought they had destroyed us, but they were wrong. The Allies have discovered that we have stolen their chronosphere technology and have caused a rebellion against a future space-federation. Our power must be secured in that timeline, we will destroy both the Rebellion and the Federation and then conquer the galaxy!”

This mod is a continuation of my first, The Légionnaire. It’s a little more art oriented than it is custom weapon oriented, so the way it plays in game is much more like any other FTL ship than The Légionnaire. The tesla coil is pretty much the same as the prism cannon in functionality, just like in RA2.

This ship is made purely for brute force. The nuke makes it great for just plowing your way through sectors without a care in the galaxy. A crew killing strategy could be made to work too, but only if you remember to turn off the nuke.

Starting systems and crew:
• Engines - 2
• O2 - 1
• Weapons – 3
• MedBay – 1
• Shields - 2
• Artillery – 1
• Piloting – 1
• Sensors – 1
• Doors - 1
• Human – 2
• Rockman – 2

Room configuration is pretty much identical to the Federation Cruiser A, with the exclusion of the removal of the forward airlocks. I’m much happier with the art I made for this mod than what I made for my last one, though it's still just adapted from original Red Alert 2 stuff. The nuke and the Kirov face (thanks to stylesrj for that idea) are the main features of this one.

Everything associated with Red Alert 2 (i.e. the nuclear missile and the Kirov) is owned by EA. Not the Hammer and Sickle though. EA may own the rights to a lot of things, but thankfully communism is not one of those things.

Download v1.1 here.
Replaces the Federation Cruiser A.

I also added something which I knew I just had to do as soon as I made the Kirov art. It affects every ship though, so I didn’t want to release it as part of the “official” mod. Instead, I’m putting it out as an easter egg. The careful observer will note a very subtle change involving the crew (don’t worry, it’s only aesthetic, it doesn’t change the game), while the dirty rotten cheater will start pulling files to find the difference.

Download the easter egg here.
Install after the ship
Last edited by Chrono Vortex on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] [AE] The Burier

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:26 am

Honestly, I think the ship should have a Clone Bay instead of a Medbay, because the Soviets used cloning technology a lot (before Yuri took it of course).

And there needs to be a Zoltan Supershield (you can rename it to Iron Curtain) because well... why not?

By the way, is the nuke able to be intercepted by Defense Drones or does it take the Mk.II version?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:34 am

So what are the stats on that Nuke artillery?
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:42 am

stylesrj wrote:Honestly, I think the ship should have a Clone Bay instead of a Medbay, because the Soviets used cloning technology a lot (before Yuri took it of course).

And there needs to be a Zoltan Supershield (you can rename it to Iron Curtain) because well... why not?

I did have have the clone bay and mind control in this in an older version, but if I'm going to make a Yuri based ship (which I will do eventually) the Soviets need to be post-Psychic Dominator Disaster. I have a little bit of a story going in the background and I'm trying to keep it something which makes sense. Not sure about the super shield, but altering the normal shield to look black or red may be interesting.

stylesrj wrote:By the way, is the nuke able to be intercepted by Defense Drones or does it take the Mk.II version?

NarnKar wrote:So what are the stats on that Nuke artillery?

The nuke is interceptable by the Mk. I. Nuclear power isn't the most stable thing in the universe, you know. It does 6 damage and I believe all other stats are identical to an artemis missile. I'll definitely bump those up a bit in the next version.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:05 am

I did have have the clone bay and mind control in this in an older version, but if I'm going to make a Yuri based ship (which I will do eventually) the Soviets need to be post-Psychic Dominator Disaster. I have a little bit of a story going in the background and I'm trying to keep it something which makes sense. Not sure about the super shield, but altering the normal shield to look black or red may be interesting

So why do they have Mind Control in the current version? Or is the Tesla Coil edition now post-Psychic Dominator Disaster and MC is gone?

The nuke is interceptable by the Mk. I. Nuclear power isn't the most stable thing in the universe, you know.

The Allies have the OP Chronosphere which may miss but cannot be intercepted and yet the Soviet nuke can be shot in midflight by any defense drone? Might want to buff it up a bit. Only a Mk.II has a chance to intercept since you can't really intercept superweapons in RA2 :P

Heh, now I'm thinking that the Legionnaire should have a Weather Control Device... during an encounter you can generate a hazard. Feel like a challenge or just want to make things easier by switching to an asteroid field? Think about it :)
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:27 pm

stylesrj wrote:Or is the Tesla Coil edition now post-Psychic Dominator Disaster and MC is gone?

You got it. Apparently I missed a spot on the image showing the floor, oops.

stylesrj wrote:The Allies have the OP Chronosphere which may miss but cannot be intercepted and yet the Soviet nuke can be shot in midflight by any defense drone? Might want to buff it up a bit. Only a Mk.II has a chance to intercept since you can't really intercept superweapons in RA2

Alright, next time I buff the nuke I'll change it to only the Mk. II.

stylesrj wrote:Heh, now I'm thinking that the Legionnaire should have a Weather Control Device... during an encounter you can generate a hazard. Feel like a challenge or just want to make things easier by switching to an asteroid field? Think about it

I was going to make the WCD just another artillery, but an augment that brings up a hazard could be interesting... Is it possible to make a hazard that throws bomb weapons at the enemy ship?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:22 pm

I was going to make the WCD just another artillery, but an augment that brings up a hazard could be interesting... Is it possible to make a hazard that throws bomb weapons at the enemy ship?

I don't believe so, but you can consult the Holy Captain's Edition for details.

You can't create new hazards from whole cloth but you can use dummy weapons or events to create pseudo-hazards, like a singularity that pops out of friggin nowhere to ruin any Needle-Threading strategies as it speeds up the fleet and takes away your fuel... :x

Or an ice field that stops you from cloaking, mine fields which occasionally drop mines on you (and not the enemy. Because they've got the dummy weapon... and the codes)
Nanobot clouds that drain one bar of power from each system, tight quarters which reduce engine power, etc.

Most of these hazards are against the player though, unless you script events like "We can spot their cloaked ship in the clouds after we fire our Weather Control Device!"
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:13 am

I tried to refer to the files from CE, but everything is too cluttered to find what I'm looking for in word or notepad. I've looked for a program that can sort the text into something a little more logical but that didn't bring anything up. For now I'll just use the vanilla files to build off of, but I've never ventured into that part of the data before so without CE it's gonna be a while.
poodlecake85

Postby poodlecake85 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:53 pm

the easter egg link isn't working.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:37 pm

I completely forgot about that! Sorry, problem solved.