[Ship][AE][CE ready] The Pyroxenite

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

[Ship][AE][CE ready] The Pyroxenite

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:21 am

Origin
The next in the line of my collaboration with Anistuffs. After the Triquetra, we quickly decided we wanted to create a ship using "that other" drone that got neglected. The Fire drone. And Fire + Rock go hand inhand, so we went with a rock hull and rock crew. We balanced out the drone by lowering the power requirement by 1. And slapped on a missile weapon from CE (which isn't required to play this ship mod). The Pyroxenite was created.

Downloads
Dropbox : Link
Mediafire : Link

Strategy
The fire+ drone will be your main strategy of taking care of ships. Using the Peryton and basic laser to try and keep shields and weapons down.
The fire+ drone is the same as a normal fire drone but requires only 2 power.
Those familiar with CE will also be familiar with the Peryton. For those who aren't : It's a combination between a Pegasus and Leto.

Other useful info
The ship replaces Rock B.

The ship has an artillery mount and weapon for those playing with Captains Edition, CE is required to use and buy the artillery but is otherwise not required to play with this ship. The artillery is weapon is the Emperor Missile Battery found on the rock A.

Showcase video's
Mayden voyage
Anistuffs showcase
Credit
Kartoflane : Creator of the Superluminal program
Sleeper Service : For the weapon art and animations
Creator of the hull : Tweevle in Type B Enemy Ship Graphics
Anistuffs : Co-creator and main play-tester
Last edited by Biohazard063 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship][AE][CE ready] The Pyroxenite

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:Creator of the hull : Currently unknown

Type B Enemy Ship Graphics by Tweevle

I've used this hull before, at the original size. It is one of my favorite ships due to the artillery I gave it which I built right into the hull :D , although CE had to ruin the fun with drones that lack rooms for targeting. :x
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 pm

RAD-82 wrote:I've used this hull before, at the original size. It is one of my favorite ships due to the artillery I gave it which I built right into the hull :D , although CE had to ruin the fun with drones that lack rooms for targeting. :x

Thanks for pointing me to the creator, has been edited in.

And yeah, I was so used to needing to upscale the enemy hulls to be used as player ships that I did the same with this one and went : "Woah... this thing is huge." Made the best of it with an equally huge layout. :)
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
Anistuffs

Postby Anistuffs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:08 am

Biohazard063 wrote:The next in the line of my collaboration with Annistuffs.

Who is this imposter you're referring to? :P
Anistuffs - The Indian Let's Player.
Here's my Youtube channel with over 1500 LP videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Anistuffs
Why not pop over and say hi :)
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:45 am

Anistuffs wrote:
Biohazard063 wrote:The next in the line of my collaboration with Annistuffs.

Who is this imposter you're referring to? :P

Always with that letter "n"...
Channel link