[DISCONTINUED] FTL: Next-Gen Edition

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
LehGogh

[DISCONTINUED] FTL: Next-Gen Edition

Postby LehGogh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:05 am

The Rebel fleet has finished construction of their flagship and is ready to attack the Federation. However, a security flaw has allowed an aspiring Engi to hack the Rebel's computers and reveal the news of the flagship's completion to everyone.

Rallied by the news of the Rebel flagship, groups of all races have decided to build their own flagships, either to use on the Federation or on each other. The Federation was already concerned about one flagship. Having to face six of them could be catastrophic.

News of the security leak made the Rebels fight even harder, and now the war zone has spread outside of the Last Stand. Now, the fight has spread to the civilians, and you get to choose whether or not you want to save them on the way.

I have officially disconinued this project. The code and resources contained within it may be used (with credit).

This gameplay mod adds several new enemy ships, as well as four new mini-bosses. This mod also includes new weapons and augments. However, there isn't much more I can say about it as of now. I'm just starting to make this mod, so don't get your hopes up yet.

Code: Select all

Mini-Bosses (Flagships):
Mantis Flagship: Relies on boarding parties and its Venom Bomb (see Weapons).
Engi Flagship: Uses ion weapons and Ion Missiles (see Weapons) to allow its drones free reign.
Zoltan Flagship - NOT DONE
Slug Flagship - NOT DONE
Rock Flagship - NOT DONE

Weapons:
Sniper Laser: High damage laser that pierces shields at the cost of a long reload time.
Piercing Ion Blast: Same as a normal Ion Blast, but it pierces shields.
Ion Pulse: Like an Ion Blast, but enough of a cooldown to keep it from building up ion damage. It also pierces shields.
Mining Beam: Long, medium damage beam that has a medium-low breach chance and does no crew damage.
Venom Bomb: Lockdown bomb that lights fires; only obtainable by defeating the Mantis Flagship.
Ion Missiles: Missile launcher that does moderate ion damage; only obtainable by defeating the Engi Flagship.
PDS Cannon: A miniaturized PDS; only obtainable by completing the PDS Satellite quest.

Drones:
Missile Drone: Slow-moving drone that fires missiles at the enemy ship.
Missile Drone Mark II: Moves slightly faster and does more damage than the Mark I.

Augments:
Anti-Virus Program: Makes some events less difficult.
Prison Cell: Makes some events less difficult.

Known Bugs:
War Zone sector crashes the game.
Missile Drones don't use the correct missile image.
Enemy ships added in 0.2 have improper offset.

Version 0.2:
- Mini-scouts and mini-scout events removed
- Added Missile Drone and Missile Drone Mark II
- Added Mining Beam and PDS Cannon
- Added the War Zone sector (with its own events and stuff)
   - I don't know if this works or not.
- Added 3 enemy ships: Federation Transport, Rebel Scout, Rebel Bomber
- All ships now have glow images
- Changed the main menu background
- Added a new track: Voyage
   - I don't know if this works or not.
- Added Anti-Virus Program and Prison Cell
   - Anti-Virus Program will soon have more functionality.
   - Prison Cell currently does nothing.

Version 0.1.1:
- Fixed the mini-scout events.

Version 0.1.0:
- Original release.

Thanks to RAD-82 for answering my questions.

This should be compatible with most things, so you don't need to load it last. However, you should do that just in case...
Requires Slipstream Mod Manager 1.2 or later.
Download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ftlnextgenedition/files/?source=navbar
Last edited by LehGogh on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Russian Rockman

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Next-Gen Edition

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:31 am

I've always hoped somebody would attempt to create a flagship for every race. Good luck on this!
LehGogh

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Next-Gen Edition

Postby LehGogh » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:08 pm

It would be nice if I got some feedback from you guys...

Also, I would like some weapon/drone ideas! If you have a new idea (preferably one that hasn't already been done), I can (probably) put it in. Also, you will receive credit in the main forum post.