[MOD][WIP] The Federation Fleet

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [MOD][WIP] The Federation Fleet

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 2:41 am

Fergulous wrote:This text from the entry portrays the Rebel's destructive side: "This sector was bustling with activity just a few years ago. Now, more than half the beacons have been destroyed, many settlements have been abandoned and the Rebels patrol constantly."

There's also the Rebel Stronghold's text where they describe everyone being taxed heavily. I think the beacon text for Rebel Sectors also varies between destruction and taxation. Although I'm unsure. I tend to avoid going to those places in-game (although I'll go to the Stronghold for the Flagship Construction fight)
Fergulous

Postby Fergulous » Thu May 21, 2015 2:46 am

stylesrj wrote:
Fergulous wrote:This text from the entry portrays the Rebel's destructive side: "This sector was bustling with activity just a few years ago. Now, more than half the beacons have been destroyed, many settlements have been abandoned and the Rebels patrol constantly."

There's also the Rebel Stronghold's text where they describe everyone being taxed heavily. I think the beacon text for Rebel Sectors also varies between destruction and taxation. Although I'm unsure. I tend to avoid going to those places in-game (although I'll go to the Stronghold for the Flagship Construction fight)

I think the high taxes are partially due to the fact that the rebels need the money to keep expanding the fleet.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 7:43 am

Fergulous wrote:I think the high taxes are partially due to the fact that the rebels need the money to keep expanding the fleet.

Gee, I wonder why? :roll:
Fergulous

Postby Fergulous » Thu May 21, 2015 10:23 pm

stylesrj wrote:
Fergulous wrote:I think the high taxes are partially due to the fact that the rebels need the money to keep expanding the fleet.

Gee, I wonder why? :roll:

Yeah, all that orange and blue paint must be really expensive.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 10:26 pm

Fergulous wrote:

I mean you know how many aliens they've got to kill to make the proper dyes for that paint. Why else are the automated ships left unpainted? The Rebellion isn't made of money after all.

Speaking of which, are you going to do that with some of the automated ships? Have them painted in Rebel colours? That would indicate that the ship wasn't just recently taken off the production line. Someone had time to paint it... dun dun dun!
Fergulous

Postby Fergulous » Thu May 21, 2015 10:39 pm

stylesrj wrote:
Fergulous wrote:

I mean you know how many aliens they've got to kill to make the proper dyes for that paint. Why else are the automated ships left unpainted? The Rebellion isn't made of money after all.

Speaking of which, are you going to do that with some of the automated ships? Have them painted in Rebel colours? That would indicate that the ship wasn't just recently taken off the production line. Someone had time to paint it... dun dun dun!

Actually, it is a great idea to paint the Auto ships so that there can be Federation auto ships as well.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Fergulous wrote:
Actually, it is a great idea to paint the Auto ships so that there can be Federation auto ships as well.

And have the automated ships painted in pirate colours... because why not?

So now the lore question becomes this:

Did the Rebels build the automated fleet and the Federation stole a few and reprogrammed them...
Or did the Federation originally own them and the Rebels stole the control codes?

Or alternatively (and explains why they're black) that none of the sides built them. They just buy/steal them from someone who has them. So it could be a wealthy merchant looking to profit off the war by selling automated war machines or maybe there were precursors who had whole factories of the things and the Rebellion and Federation fight over them.
Fergulous

Postby Fergulous » Thu May 21, 2015 10:50 pm

stylesrj wrote:
Fergulous wrote:

And have the automated ships painted in pirate colours... because why not?

So now the lore question becomes this:

Did the Rebels build the automated fleet and the Federation stole a few and reprogrammed them...
Or did the Federation originally own them and the Rebels stole the control codes?

Or alternatively (and explains why they're black) that none of the sides built them. They just buy/steal them from someone who has them. So it could be a wealthy merchant looking to profit off the war by selling automated war machines or maybe there were precursors who had whole factories of the things and the Rebellion and Federation fight over them.

I'd say they are mostly privately made by companies, but the federation made a few to keep colonies safe Federation Mantis war.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Now I can see where the Rebel's funding went then. They've got to outbuy the Federation after all. If you're in the automated ship construction business, then business is good!

Wondering, are any of the ships from Captain's Edition going to be used for either fleet? I know they themselves came from other mods (the Automated Cruiser, the Rebel Cruisers for example) but well like most other people, you'd think they were all Captain's Edition.
Fergulous

Postby Fergulous » Thu May 21, 2015 10:59 pm

stylesrj wrote:Now I can see where the Rebel's funding went then. They've got to outbuy the Federation after all. If you're in the automated ship construction business, then business is good!

Wondering, are any of the ships from Captain's Edition going to be used for either fleet? I know they themselves came from other mods (the Automated Cruiser, the Rebel Cruisers for example) but well like most other people, you'd think they were all Captain's Edition.

I'm not completely sure about the ships so far, I just know that Type A and type B ships will be Federation and type C will mainly be Civilian ships.