[Ship][AE][CE ready] Mother Hen (Fed. Medevac)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

[Ship][AE][CE ready] Mother Hen (Fed. Medevac)

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:14 am

Origin
The 5th ship in the collaboration had us digging in to boarding with humans and how to make boarding different from the usual board, heal/clone, board again and rinse and repeat until they're all dead. Slug B had a good idea but eventually forced you to go shell out for either a medbay or clonebay as the heal bomb wasn't a permanent solution.
The solution we came up with is twofold. First of, the reconstructive teleporter augment. Quick and simple replacement for a medbay/clonebay. But seeing how you start of with humans as your boarding party (which will be your main way of dispatching enemy ships), you would still end up in the same cycle. Hence, part 2, the artillery. More about the artillery later.

Story by Anistuffs
Mother Hen was literally a museum piece. She was kept for exhibition at a Federation military museum while her crew of 4 human doctors was stationed at the nearby Federation hospital. When the war spread to their sector as well, the 4 doctors decided to dust her off once more, to help with evacuation efforts.

Unfortunately, with their weak offensive weapons, they quickly ended up in a battle biting off more than they could chew. A Rebel rigger sporting a combat 2 drone and an ion blast shredded the Mother Hen and killed 3 of the crew, and a breach missile took off the entire medbay section of the hull before the last crewmemeber could make a desperate jump to a beacon inside asteroid field.

To his surprise, there was a secret Federation base hidden inside the asteroid field. The base had just patched up a ship recovered from the Rebel Stronghold and sent off half their crew with it carrying an information vital to the remaining Federation fleet. The 2 remaining crew members were about to leave the base to hide in the nearby systems from the encroaching Rebel fleet when they were surprised by the arrival of a badly damaged Medevac ship.

Hearing the doctor's tale, the officer in charge decided to patch up the Mother Hen to spaceworthiness once more. Unfortunately, the medbay could not be repaired due to the lack of equipment at the base. When the Rebel fleet was detected to enter the system, the 3 decided to take off the ship as is and hoped to repair the medbay at a civilian store along the way.

They also carried a copy of the vital information and hoped to reach the remaining Federation fleet while helping anyone in distress along the way with their medical supply teleporter. With the weapons still being what they were, the new crew decided that instead of gunning down any enemy ships, it would be more viable to use the large 4 person teleporter, originally used for medical evacuation, to board enemy vessels and kill the crew in close quarters combat.

With their strategy settled, the Mother Hen took off once more, probably for the last time; a rusty old Federation Medevac straight out of the museum, now burdened with not only saving the lives of soldiers and civilians, but the entire Federation.

Mother Hen (Fed. Medevac)
Might want to watch the full image
"A Federation Medevac. Now burdened with not only saving lives of soldiers and civilians, but the entire Federation.

Download
Dropbox : https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8t3i8blhhe6olq/Medevac.ftl?dl=0
Mediafire : http://www.mediafire.com/download/3g9iea4pjt7ueq7/Medevac.ftl

Features
*No medbay/clonebay (Irony...)
*3 starting crew (human) and a 4 slot TP
*Reconstructive Teleporter augment
*Basic weaponry
*Cluster Heal Bomb Artillery
*An Easter egg... ;)

Cluster Heal Bomb
A.K.A the artillery on this ship. Who says artillery needs to be destructive ? It's simple really. It fires 3 heal bombs that fully heal friendly crew inside the room. The heal bombs have a fuse time of 5 seconds to actually allow you to move your crew to a room that has a heal bomb in it. In order to make the artillery more useful later on, each bomb also deals 2 ion damage. Seeing how this is a Medevac, there are some blue options available for the Cluster Heal Bomb. This goes for standard events in AE as well as those in CE. Thanks to a good amount of help from RAD-82, Sleeper Service and TaxiService.

Showcases
Maiden voyage : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKmXtFp2sys
Anistuffs' showcase : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbm9386ze7c

Credit :
Somebody : The hull image. Feel free to tell me if it's yours originally.
Sleeper Service : Help with the events, esp. the tip on the autoBlueprints.xml
TaxiService : Help with events, and for the MTE CCP mod. Helped a bunch to test it all.
RAD-82 : Help with the events, basically corrected half of them...
Anistuffs : Co-creator.
Kartoflane : Creator of the Superluminal program
Last edited by Biohazard063 on Sun May 24, 2015 7:31 am, edited 10 times in total.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship][AE][CE ready] Mother Hen (Fed. Medevac)

Postby RAD-82 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:59 am

The STRANDED event wasn't altered in the V3 file that I previously looked at. Something about it in this file seems strange, since one event in the eventList is now missing, and the added choice for the cluster heal bomb seems like it should belong in the MADMAN eventList. I'm not saying there is a mistake here, but I do wonder if this was the intended outcome.

You have also included events that have not been altered, just because they are related to your altered events. This specifically interferes with CE options on the REBEL_VS_FEDERATION fight. You only needed to keep the REBEL_VS_FEDERATION_SAVED_LIST eventList, meaning you can delete the REBEL_VS_FEDERATION event and REBEL_VS_FEDERATION textList from the file.

I'd say the same thing about the SECRET_WORD_ABADOTH event, but CE never altered it, so no harm done there.

Last thing I'll say, rename misc.xml.append to misc.xml.rawappend. This will fix various spacing issues in the game.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:21 am

RAD-82 wrote:The STRANDED event wasn't altered in the V3 file that I previously looked at. Something about it in this file seems strange, since one event in the eventList is now missing, and the added choice for the cluster heal bomb seems like it should belong in the MADMAN eventList. I'm not saying there is a mistake here, but I do wonder if this was the intended outcome.

I think I removed a part of that since I never got to take the option. For some reason I could invite him and it would simply succeed... I removed that part and then I got to use the blue options.
The Charlie event confused me a bit...
But seeing how there's a blue option for the medbay at the start of that event, I added one for the cluster bomb as well. Didn't add it for after bringing him on board as the Cluster Heal isn't able to target your own ship.
That's how it should work at least...

Was pretty sure some stuff was unnecessary. I'll remove those as well.

Did not know about the append vs. rawappend. Changing that as well.
Thanks yet again.

EDIT : Changes have been made.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm watching the maiden voyage run, and I noticed a lack of an artillery option to save Kazaaak. I never tested the code that I gave for it (no FTL access at that time), so I have to ask if I messed up or was this run recorded before my help was implemented? Based on what I can see from the YouTube comments, I'm guessing this run was before I helped, but it would be nice to know whether or not I accidentally messed up the event code.

----

Edit here rather than new post, because I'm not talking to anyone. I'm just leaving pointless information.
Biohazard063 LP (YouTube) wrote:2:42 : An event rewritten by RAD-82, he must have changed it. Had to be you to find that event ;-) Glad you did. One Easter egg down...

I had nothing to do with the STRANDED event.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Tue May 12, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:50 am

Happened before most of your help. Well, just before the Kazaaak change got implemented. It did have a level 2 option at that point, but no lvl 1. Tested that in MTE CCP.
Channel link
Anistuffs

Postby Anistuffs » Mon May 11, 2015 4:17 am

Late to the party, I'm afraid. Oh well, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbm9386ze7c
Anistuffs - The Indian Let's Player.
Here's my Youtube channel with over 1500 LP videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Anistuffs
Why not pop over and say hi :)