[Ship] Aurora Tech Cruisers (all released)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
redlerred7

[Ship] Aurora Tech Cruisers (all released)

Postby redlerred7 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 am

I plan to make 4 layouts for this one. The first will be a Kestrel-like gunship with similar weaponry and adaptable layout (released). The second will be a drop ship that (uses Fed C's suicide bomber tactic with liberal use of bombs) has a 4 man teleport but is severely ill equipped in combat (released). The third with be an AI ship that uses primarily drones (released). The last will be a joke ship with an all Lanius crew and all Flak weapons for a total of 21 damage every 20 seconds once it's full upgraded (released).
No gibs for these ones unfortunately. I'll try to make them, but no promises.

Anyway: Type A
Borealis

This ship is a top of the line cruiser set to become the new standard Federation vehicle before the Rebellion rose. It was never mass produced and this is one of the few in in existence
replaces Kestrel C|click to view hull

Type B
Australis

A the start of the rebellion, this ship was refitted to be a medical transport. It features larger rooms and an upgraded medbay but lacks necessary weapons and crew.
replaces Federation C|click to view hull

Type C
The North Star

The Engi Brigade installed a reverse engineered version of the Rebel Auto-Cruiser AI on this ship. The AI seems to favor the use of drones and likes to be called "North"
replaces Engi C|click to view hull

Type D
Serieux

Lanius stole this ship and tried to convert it into a Lanuis cruiser. They only managed to create its weapons out of the materials on the ship.
replaces Lanius A|click to view hull

Type A Download Link
Type B Download Link
Type C Download Link
Type D Download Link

special thanks to TaxiService for the ship presentation template and to NarnKarn for informing me of said template's existence
Last edited by redlerred7 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.
256spam

Re: [Ship] Aurora Tech Cruisers (Type A released)

Postby 256spam » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:28 pm

It looks nice, but I just couldnt bring myself to put it in my own game. Im a bit of a purist for the FTL vanilla art style. But its good work! Cant wait to see your type B and C!
redlerred7

Postby redlerred7 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:52 pm

256spam wrote:It looks nice, but I just couldnt bring myself to put it in my own game. Im a bit of a purist for the FTL vanilla art style. But its good work! Cant wait to see your type B and C!

Eh, can't blame you. I'm not really much of a sprite artist so this is as close as I can get. If I got some help, I could probably make it pixely and stuff though. Still, glad you like it.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:17 pm

Have you considered using the Ship Presentation Template instead of just copy-pasting the various information together? It would look nicer, I think, and achieves the same effect.
256spam

Postby 256spam » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:28 pm

redlerred7 wrote:
256spam wrote:It looks nice, but I just couldnt bring myself to put it in my own game. Im a bit of a purist for the FTL vanilla art style. But its good work! Cant wait to see your type B and C!

Eh, can't blame you. I'm not really much of a sprite artist so this is as close as I can get. If I got some help, I could probably make it pixely and stuff though. Still, glad you like it.

You could try what I do, I make my ships out of the existing assets ingame. Im not a sprite artists either! =P
redlerred7

Postby redlerred7 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:53 pm

NarnKar wrote:Have you considered using the Ship Presentation Template instead of just copy-pasting the various information together? It would look nicer, I think, and achieves the same effect.

Thanks. That should help

edit: updated the first post. the layout image should use the template now
redlerred7

Re: [Ship] Aurora Tech Cruisers (Type A, B, & C released)

Postby redlerred7 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Bump since the B and C are now released.
redlerred7

Re: [Ship] Aurora Tech Cruisers (all released)

Postby redlerred7 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Bump. Final Layout is complete
jtlcr777

Postby jtlcr777 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:51 pm

At first glance, these ships look kinda underwhelming. Ship A looks just like a weaker Kestrel (weaker laser and weaker missiles). Ship B has terrible starting weapons and can't even take advantage of its teleporter. C looks actually okay. D has no shields, no cloaking, and really slow charging weapons?

Sorry, but just looking that them I can't see how these are fun to play.
redlerred7

Postby redlerred7 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Well, different strokes for different folks, I suppose? I enjoy a challenge and these ships provide one while not being completely unfair. Some have it rough at the early sectors while others can regularly win with little trouble.
Either way, no one's forcing you.