[Ship][AE] The Magpie

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

[Ship][AE] The Magpie

Postby Biohazard063 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:06 am

Origin
Another joint cooperation between me and Anistuffs. After the Xanthoconite we decided on trying out some fun stuff with artillery in AE. The only way to do that is to let the ship start with it. And using standard weapons for that is so boring. So I delved into creating custom weapons and it worked out pretty well. The Magpie is the first in the line of ships that will house custom artillery. First artillery :the Partisan.

tl;dr This ship has custom artillery and can be used in AE without any other mod requirement.

The Magpie
Image (viewing the full image might be preferable...)
A Federation ship masked as pirate for experimental (but questionable) weapons testing. This one houses the Partisan artillery beam

Download
Dropbox : https://www.dropbox.com/s/g71pi4oc5kbda ... e.ftl?dl=0
Mediafire : http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1o18 ... Magpie.ftl

Story
After the recovery of the prototype Federation cruiser from the Rebel Stronghold, Federation scientists engineered the artillery beam weapon to also cause breaching damage to a ship's hull by increasing the focusing factor. Unfortunately, this had the unintended side-effect of reducing the beam length greatly. Regardless, the weapon was deemed potent and was given the name Partisan beam.

It was mounted on a Federation ship masked as a pirate ship for experimental testing. As luck would have it, this particular ship was also tasked with delivering the vital data to the Federation base.

The Partisan's specs
A beam smaller then the minibeam that pierces all shields and with a high breach chance. Doing 1 hull and 1 system damage in the process.

Showcase
Maiden voyage (to be added): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o8AbHii5xQ

Anistuffs Showcase : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9A0cyMwcQ

Credit
Kartoflane : Creator of the Superluminal program
Lemmonade : For the hull image
Anistuffs : Ship made in cooperation with him
RAD-82 : Help with the artillery description
Last edited by Biohazard063 on Sun May 24, 2015 7:30 am, edited 8 times in total.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship][AE] The Magpie

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:16 am

Concerning the origin of your hull: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20909

Artillery cooldown descriptions? Make a misc.xml.rawappend file.

Code: Select all

<text name="artillery_1">40 Second Cooldown</text>
<text name="artillery_2">32 Second Cooldown</text>
<text name="artillery_3">24 Second Cooldown</text>
<text name="artillery_4">16 Second Cooldown</text>

Although, that would conflict with CE if you are concerned about that. If you use the CE method, then you need to change the description of your weapon to say 32 seconds instead of 40:

Code: Select all

<text name="artillery_1">Base Cooldown x1.25</text>
<text name="artillery_2">Base Cooldown x1</text>
<text name="artillery_3">Base Cooldown x0.75</text>
<text name="artillery_4">Base Cooldown x0.5</text>
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:13 am

The ship hull isn't by me thought, I think it was made by Lemonade originally.
(Took me a while to find, seems the hull has been used quite often...)
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Oh? So that's where the artillery stuff is located?
Yup, just found it... wow, thanks !

As far as CE goes, ship mods are loaded after overhauls in the modmanager, so wouldn't using the normal way overwrite the CE way?
It's true that knowing the proper way for artillery that I have to write that the cooldown is 40 even though it's actually 32... Anyway, I'll get it fixed. Would it be possible to also chance the length of the charge bar? I'll look for the image and give it a shot.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Did you ask Lemonade for permission before using that hull?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Sleeper asked for permission to use Lemonnade's Letze Reise hull in CE as a "Pirate Cruiser". Part of CE's terms and conditions is that anyone is allowed to use the resources in CE. So Lemonnade implicitly gave permission to anyone to use his artwork.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:27 pm

NarnKar wrote:Sleeper asked for permission to use Lemonnade's Letze Reise hull in CE as a "Pirate Cruiser". Part of CE's terms and conditions is that anyone is allowed to use the resources in CE. So Lemonnade implicitly gave permission to anyone to use his artwork.

My apologies. I forgot.