[SHIP] Sky Raptor

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
redlerred7

[SHIP] Sky Raptor

Postby redlerred7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:39 pm

Sky Raptor
To make up for what it lacks in systems, energy, and crew, this ship is armed to the teeth with weapons

Reactor: 6
Hull: 30

Shields: 1 (no shield layers)
Engines: 2
Medbey: 1
Oxygen: 1
Weapons: 4

Weapon Slots: 4
-Dual Shot Laser
-Dual Shot Laser
-Basic Laser
-Basic Laser

Drone Slots: 2 (system not pre installed)
- N/A
- N/A

Piloting: 1
Sensors: 1
Doors: 2

Download Link

So, this is my first attempt at making a mod and this was mainly to get myself familiarized with Superluminal. The hull doesn't match FTL's art style, I know. I'm not much of sprite artist, to be honest, so I doubt I'd be able to pull it off if I tried.
It doesn't have gibs, either. If you get blown up, it sorta just floats around in circles for a bit.
Plus, the weapons are over powered. You can use the starting build all the way till the end of the game, actually, provided that you upgrade the shields and engines as well. That said, I had to make everything else about the ship suck more because of how over powered its weapon loadout was in the early sectors
Originally, this was going to either be four dual lasers or four heavy lasers. I switched it around a bit before I got this weapon build. That was TOO overpowered.
Also, this technically has an artillery weapon, but since you can't exactly buy it from a store, it's placed there purely for compatibility purposes only
And another thing. You start with level 2 doors and every room can be vented (except the engines), making fires (and boarders) less off a problem than they'd normally be, especially early game

Well, I hope you guys enjoy. Tell me if you encounter any problems
Last edited by redlerred7 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NarnKar

Re: [SHIP] Sky Raptor

Postby NarnKar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Did you draw that hull yourself? It looks very nice, even though it's not pixelly.
redlerred7

Postby redlerred7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:34 pm

NarnKar wrote:Did you draw that hull yourself? It looks very nice, even though it's not pixelly.

Thanks. I think it looks okay. Not completely satisfied with it, but I'm not really good with drawing spaceships.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Good job on a first attempt.

Here's a thing you need to know about Superluminal though:
Superluminal allows you to assign a room for artillery, which is great. Problem is though, artillery is never available to be bought in stores. So if the ship starts with artillery installed, no problem. On the other hand, if it only has a room assigned for artillery but doesn't start with it (like in your case), you'll need another mod that allows for artillery to be bought in shops. Most people look towards Captains edition for that, but I'm sure there are other less "overhauling" mods out there.

Anyway, just wanted to give you that tidbit of information.
Good luck with future projects !
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
redlerred7

Postby redlerred7 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:Good job on a first attempt.

Here's a thing you need to know about Superluminal though:
Superluminal allows you to assign a room for artillery, which is great. Problem is though, artillery is never available to be bought in stores. So if the ship starts with artillery installed, no problem. On the other hand, if it only has a room assigned for artillery but doesn't start with it (like in your case), you'll need another mod that allows for artillery to be bought in shops. Most people look towards Captains edition for that, but I'm sure there are other less "overhauling" mods out there.

Anyway, just wanted to give you that tidbit of information.
Good luck with future projects !

Thanks. That is why I said that the artillery room was there for compatibility's sake only. It's just in case someone wants to play this ship with CE or some other similar mod
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:49 pm

The download link is broken for me. It shows me a picture of the ship.
redlerred7

Postby redlerred7 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:50 pm

DinosaurDino wrote:The download link is broken for me. It shows me a picture of the ship.

I was wondering why I wasn't getting any downloads. Now I know why. Thanks for telling me. It should be fixed now
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za5EDLF ... e=youtu.be had fun with this one, I like your artstyle with the ships, you should do more ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269