Dumb ways to die!

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dark33hawk

Re: Dumb ways to die!

Postby dark33hawk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:28 am

Yep...that's like every other play with that ship.
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
LambdaProject

Postby LambdaProject » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Stealth A, oxygen was down in Last Stand. Sent (read: sacrificed) 2 humans to repair oxygen. I usually power down anything to the left of oxygen. Unfortunately that was med bay.

I didn't understand what happened until i ragequitted and started playing Half Life: Episode 2
Hubnester

Postby Hubnester » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Another run with The Nesasio. Sector 5 or 6, good Shields and Engines, upgraded hacking, fair weapons rack (though in retrospect, it wouldn't stand a bat's chance in hell against the Flagship), though a crew of five humans and two engi (I think).

So I get pit against a Mantis ship, and get boarded. Do the usual, venting, the herding them to a room. Meanwhile, I hack enemy shields, and tunnel-vision on it, focusing on seeing my weapons tear shit up.

Then my eyes pan back to my ship. I FORGOT TO CLOSE THE AIRLOCKS! The next thing I see, four of them fleshy human meatsacks are dead, one of them dying just as I noticed what happened.

And thus a run ended because I got tunnel-vision. After a few jumps aimlessly wandering around, I finally kill off my remaining crew by turning off shields and engines, venting the whole ship, and waiting for the enemy to kill me (though I liked to think of that as the remaining human gone insane. I'm sure there's some story potential in this...)

This was even worse than the three or so times I tried suffocating boarders, only to have them destroy my doors.

Aaand I forgot to introduce myself. Sorry. The name's Hubnester, I like FTL and necroing posts, and have a whole idea for a story/sequel just waiting to be made/written.
Jgoodste

Postby Jgoodste » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Mantis B, Sector 1: I board an enemy ship with my starting mantis crew, leaving no one behind on board. I don't remember which ship it was, I think it was a Pirate-Rebel Fighter or something like that. Anyway, I killed off the crew of a Rock and a Human and waited for the end dialogue to show up. As I was doing this, I realized that I forgot to activate my Defense Drone Mk.1. The enemy had a Leto missile launcher that took out my teleporter. As I was waiting, I notice that my mantis boarders have begun to fight again. They are both at just below 1/2 health. I look around, and somehow, I missed the fact that the enemy had a Clonebay and I never took it out (I didn't teleport in there). The next thing you know, my critical mantis boarders are facing a cloned Rock and Human, and they have no chance, being unable to teleport back with the TP broken and no one back on my ship to fix it. Can't really blame the RNG for that one...
(totally assigned)

Postby (totally assigned) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:57 pm

Sector 1: Jump 1
Ship: Engi B
Cause of Death: Pirate
Why: The pirate had a anti drone drone.My only reliable way of hurting him was through that drone... I just helplessly kept sending ion shots over there,hoping one would hit the drone.
Pyrociraptor

Postby Pyrociraptor » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 am

Engi B, Sector 1.
Refueling Station, accidentally pressed "dock with it".
Well, fudge.

Cruiser A, Against Rebel flagship (3th battle time.)
Accidentally lowered shield instead of medbay during the power surge.
That thing had 1 hp left. 1 HP. LEFT.
If it bleed, we can kill it. And if it doesn't bleed, you aren't hitting it hard enough.
"How do you want to manage a country with 300 different cheese ?" - de Gaulle
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 pm

My brother once died in FTL a very stupid way:

So he ran across a station and chose to dock and explore. Apparantley, one crew member decided to be left behind. That would've been fine..
If he wasn't playing with the engi type B. :lol:
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm

dyno101 wrote:My brother once died in FTL a very stupid way:

So he ran across a station and chose to dock and explore. Apparantley, one crew member decided to be left behind. That would've been fine..
If he wasn't playing with the engi type B. :lol:

Haha early on in my playing I lost my one engi to the Zoltan nebula event where they're raised to a higher plane of existence. I was like... Great. But what about me?
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:20 pm

How about if you had to draw straws with the Engi? Or how about being torn apart by cannibals? Those must be some very hungry humans if they're down to eating the machinery for sustenance.
Or rocks... crystals, metal beings that absorb oxygen and ghosts...
turntechBiologist

Postby turntechBiologist » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:55 am

This has happened twice now, both on Stealth A.

-Low HP
-Come across unarmed Zoltan Transport
-'A Zoltan shield? Hells yes.'
-Proceed to go to quest beacon
-'Uhh, 1 then 2, right?'
-It's actually 1, 1, and then 2
-Die in flames because of the Rebel ship
get mech squish bug