Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: Flagship Randomizer 1.21 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:53 pm

DinosaurDino wrote:I think there is a bug with the randomizer. Every run I get the same layout. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it just doesn't work. Can somebody please explain how to get a new layout.

It may have not been saving in the right path, make sure you have the newest version, make sure you choose the correct location (the Slipstream mods folder), and make sure you reinstall the mod using Slipstream each time.
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
DinosaurDino wrote:I think there is a bug with the randomizer. Every run I get the same layout. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it just doesn't work. Can somebody please explain how to get a new layout.

It may have not been saving in the right path, make sure you have the newest version, make sure you choose the correct location (the Slipstream mods folder), and make sure you reinstall the mod using Slipstream each time.

I hope you don't mind but I would like a step by step tutorial because it still isn't working.

Edit: WAIT, never mind, its working.
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:34 pm

I have a similar problem like DIno b4 me.

the ship does mod as t he room layout seems to be the same, but I think the loadout does not vary much in CE-INF mode?

I always get the bio beam, hull laser, flak and effector.

unless I am doing something wrong, does the load out change or do I need to change the type of ship?

NM
Sleeper Service

Re: Flagship Randomizer 1.22 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:13 pm

Well it seems to work for him now. *shrug* Typ of ship won't effect the Flagship. Maybe try selecting another output file path to be absolutely sure that you create a new .flt file when randomizing.

Flagship Randomizer 1.22
- Another attempt on fixing the 'spacious' layout offset in phase two and three
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:33 pm

I "fixed" it, although I do not not how.

maybe I was not setting the path correctly and it loaded the same one over and over again.

also, would you not consider making an "extreme" version for a really though challenge? you said that the program has some limits and will not create certain loadouts (like 4 missle launchers).
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:09 pm

I just thought I would mention that the newest version 1.22, is named as a .ftl file. rather than a .zip file. Which might confuse some people. ;)

Also, I have been testing out the flagship fight trying to find a good balance when fighting in hazards. In the process I have found several flagship hull images out of alignment with their floors. I'll see if the new update fixed that. Otherwise I will save any randomizations that I find are bugged. ;)
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:22 pm

So how do we use the .ftl file then?
Just install the .ftl with SMM and it will generate a new flagship every run or... ?
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, I have been testing out the flagship fight trying to find a good balance when fighting in hazards. In the process I have found several flagship hull images out of alignment with their floors. I'll see if the new update fixed that. Otherwise I will save any randomizations that I find are bugged. ;)

Yeah, there appear to be some persistent problems with that. I'm a little lost with triying to fix those, as superluminal tends to display phase 3 with somewhat wrong offsets anyway, event when loading the vanilla flagship. Any pointers to which layouts are still misaligned would be helpfull.

Russian Rockman wrote:I just thought I would mention that the newest version 1.22, is named as a .ftl file. rather than a .zip file. Which might confuse some people. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out, has been fixed now.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:31 am

I have a small suggestion.

So the output file is always named randomFlagship.ftl, with no description or unique filename. Now, I switch between runs very often and I keep a different random flagship for each run. But since each flagship file is named randomFlagship.ftl, it makes keeping track of my various flagships quite a hassle.

Would it be possible to put a small metadata.xml file into the randomFlagship mod, that indicates
1: when it was generated
2: what seed it used (AE, ACE, ACE-INF)
3: what version number generated it

And would it be possible to do something similar with the Randtrel?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:43 am

Just a strange idea and I'm not sure if it's been done in the randomiser already but what about a Flagship that changes layouts dramatically after each phase? So Phase 1 might be spacious but have isolated rooms, but Phase 2 has them all connected and tiny and Phase 3 might be spacious again.

Y'know to mix things up even more (could be an option in case people want consistency)