[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
JakePearce149

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby JakePearce149 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:21 pm

I've tried multiple Randtrel.ftl files, and they all cause the error.

I checked Modmanager while I was patching mods this time, and for all the Randtrel related things that popped up, it said they were clobbering. I don't exactly know what that means though.
rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:17 am

JakePearce149 wrote:I've tried multiple Randtrel.ftl files, and they all cause the error.

I checked Modmanager while I was patching mods this time, and for all the Randtrel related things that popped up, it said they were clobbering. I don't exactly know what that means though.

Can you post one of the .ftl files that causes the crash so that I can check it ?
JakePearce149

Postby JakePearce149 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:30 pm

If it isn't obvious already, Im not toooo computer savvy, but enough to get most of what I need done, done. I don't really know exactly how to post the file. do I upload to mediafire and then post the link?
rannl

Postby rannl » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:01 pm

JakePearce149 wrote:If it isn't obvious already, Im not toooo computer savvy, but enough to get most of what I need done, done. I don't really know exactly how to post the file. do I upload to mediafire and then post the link?

Yes, that will do the trick. And thanks for taking the time to do so.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Hey rann,

I finally had some free time today and I got a chance to do another randomization with the newest version. It was really fun, and helped me relieve a lot of the stress I've been having recently. :)

I noticed a few, non crucial, things I thought I should discuss with you though:
1.) The alignment of the federation cruisers do not match. You can see when you switch between types A, B, and C the ship jumps around a bit.
2.) Did you ever figure out why the engines don't appear lit on the Types B & C of the Kestrel? They appear to be hardcoded to "something," but I don't know what. It would be nice to get that bug fixed, but it isn't that important.
3.) I made a bunch of different artillery room images for the original Open Artillery mod that eventually got integrated into CE. If you want, I could (eventually when I have time) go through all of your layouts and find what artillery room image goes best with each layout, other than just the generic one you are using currently.
4.) That reminds me, man I love your layouts!!! They're really creative. :D

That's it for now. Thanks again for all your hard work on the randomizer mods!!!
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:2.) Did you ever figure out why the engines don't appear lit on the Types B & C of the Kestrel? They appear to be hardcoded to "something," but I don't know what. It would be nice to get that bug fixed, but it isn't that important.

As far as I know, the engine glow is hardcoded to only appear if the ship is named "kestral" in blueprints.xml.append.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:50 am

NarnKar wrote:As far as I know, the engine glow is hardcoded to only appear if the ship is named "kestral" in blueprints.xml.append.

This might sound stupid, but couldn't that problem be worked around with a customized "glow" image for the engine's computer? It turns blue when powered, not just when manned I believe.
Like instead of having just the tiny rectangle, have it be the rectangle and the engine "fire"? Hard enough as is to just get the rectangle in properly and it would probably be just a picture, so no animated fire...
Probably more work then it is actually worth as it would mean that you'll need different images depending on the layout.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:
NarnKar wrote:As far as I know, the engine glow is hardcoded to only appear if the ship is named "kestral" in blueprints.xml.append.

This might sound stupid, but couldn't that problem be worked around with a customized "glow" image for the engine's computer? It turns blue when powered, not just when manned I believe.
Like instead of having just the tiny rectangle, have it be the rectangle and the engine "fire"? Hard enough as is to just get the rectangle in properly and it would probably be just a picture, so no animated fire...
Probably more work then it is actually worth as it would mean that you'll need different images depending on the layout.

IIRC images start at the upper left of the room and stretch down, so unless the engine room is above and to the right of the engines, that won't work.

It's better than it was, though. Before AE, the images were stretched (or shrunk) to fit.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
rannl

Postby rannl » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:08 am

Sorry for the late reply, these past few months have been busy....

@RR : The fed cruiser alignment bug is a known issue. During layout construction an accidental slight shift of the fed image resulted in some of the fed layouts having a slight offset. I'll get around to it eventually.
The arti images might be a slight problem due to the placement of the arti room. In order to enable arti support, I assigned an empty room as the arti room for all the player ships (other then the fed, of course).
This empty room is irregularly connected to other rooms, not having been supposed to contain room images.
Also, some layouts have different sizes for that room (2x1,1x2,2x2).
This makes using a single image file impossible, unless a new image file is constructed which only effects the upper left 1x1 part of the arti room, and does not obstruct possible door locations on all sides of the 1x1 box.

As for the engine fires, as NK mentioned the fire image is harcoded to the 'kestral' and 'fed' names for the layout tag of the ship blueprint.
Unfortunately, I can't find a workaround for this problem.
ManDude

Postby ManDude » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Is there a way to load by seed? There was a mention of seeding in page 2/3(I actually copied my seed #s because of this idea). My first trip in the Randtrel mod was really awesome and I wish to play a certain ship again.

I should've just copied the mod file(always now), but hindsight is 20/20. I do, however, have a seed integer. Please tell me that a common Joe can load by seed. Please tell me that seeds are worth something. Why have a seed display in the cmd prompt otherwise?

I am completely addicted to this mod, but there is ONE SHIP I'd like to play again. Maybe through re-rolls... I"ll find it again.