Engi Conspiracy Memorial Thread

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
agigabyte

Engi Conspiracy Memorial Thread

Postby agigabyte » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:55 pm

A thread in remembrance of the Engi conspiracy thread.

The Engi conspiracy was an amazing story. Crafted by many, it shaped a Universe. It spawned mods, stories, even its own fan fiction.Its death was like that of an old friend. It will be dearly missed, and will live on in our hearts, mods, and stories.
stylesrj

Re: Engi Conspiracy Memorial Thread

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:21 pm

To be honest, while it has some great ideas... the thread was rather chaotic and I lost track of it like... shortly after I made my post in it somewhere...
Actually I never had track of it. Everyone was throwing out sci-fi terms for their guns and calling Zoltans radioactive.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:24 pm

Isn't that how any thread goes really?
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:52 am

DarkPhoenix141 wrote:Isn't that how any thread goes really?

Pretty much. They can also get really dark and crap all over everyone's headcanon.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:53 am

I'm always extremely, extremely dark. That's one of my many selling points (Also including some horrible writing and somehow lovable characters. How I'm popular is beyond me as well. You should be reading Ghosts of the Federation not my crap. I still love writing it though, so if someone likes reading it, I'll keep writing it.).
Crapping over headcanon was unintentional, and frankly I think that verdict was jumping the gun in the best way.
Since the worst crapping was, at best, a skewed view on the Federation with some minimal explanation. Which, knowing what I know about people who served in the military and came back screwed up, is accurate. So it seems like you just went "This character is the model Federation soldier, I'm out", unless I didn't make that abundantly clear a few posts in. His view was skewed on purpose, his backstory coupled with a lot of minor shit that I want to bring up later would lead to him going "This is horrible, I want out, desperately". As a lot of people are when they see how any military actually is. It's not uncommon, by any stretch.

A lot of my characters are giant references though, Burden being obvious and Romero being some reference-ception in millions of ways. Since it was all focused on the characters, I could actually develop a character for once without having to shoot them down every five or so seconds they show any emotion to maintain the grimdark. That's a bit of creative freedom that I can't get often with my current project (I'm trying to make it work though, and hopefully I can it all done soon), and often can't get anywhere.
Hell, a lot of my creativity is stolen from a variety of sources, so many and so well hidden you don't notice my inspiration unless I mention it (I want to do some author's notes at the end of my story though), in my opinion that's good writing.

As for the sci-fi terms thing, for some needless point . I actually did enough research on my things so that they make a lot of sense and are somewhat factually accurate.
That doesn't come up often though, so it's irrelevant. I still take pride in my accurate pre-posting cyber set up in the EC. Since it was accurate by most standards, and a direct reference to Uplink that no one noticed.
(You didn't know that did you?)

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Mr.Mafia

Postby Mr.Mafia » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:04 pm

The Engi Conspiracy never died. It's right there, in you. In the hearts of men & women everywhere.

See you, spaceconspiracy..
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:21 am

Ssssshiiieeeet

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Mommothazaz123

Postby Mommothazaz123 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:28 am

Mr.Mafia wrote:The Engi Conspiracy never died. It's right there, in you. In the hearts of men & women everywhere.

See you, spaceconspiracy..

MY LIGHTS BEGAN FLICKERING WHEN I READ THIS, IRL
I AM SO FREAKED OUT RIGHT NOW