[WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.3 "OFF THE RAILS!"

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

[WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.3 "OFF THE RAILS!"

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:18 pm

This mod adds a whole new set and series of weapons. Dealing both system and hull damage these weapons are made as a common and cheap weapon easily found in stores and on enemy ships more commonly on Federation and Pirate ships.
This weapon pack is just one of a series of weapon packs that will be released when I am available.

Weapons made for both regular game and advance edition!

These Autocannons have no strong advantages over there laser counterpart besides how abundant and affordable they are. However some of the more advanced Autocannons may prove to come on par with their laser counterparts but are more rare.
Unlike the laser weaponry commonly seen throughout the galaxy the improved marks of the autocannons do not increase the burst volume but instead improve the rate of fire.

The more advanced spin offs from the traditional Autocannons are variations and upgrades over the traditional Federation weapon.
The effects of such variations are different from one type to another. However that is for you to find out what each autocannon perform and how effective they are in the battlefield.

Much more newer than the traditional autocannon, a new but rare breed of ballistic weapons have emerged that use the power of electromagnets to sling slugs and munitions at very high speeds which are able to pierce through weak shields and to cause havoc on the ships integrity. These are known as Gauss rifles, or known to the Federation as coil guns. These weapons are a devastating addition to a captains arsenal assuming they have the patience to place his shots and think strategically to dissect the enemy ships apart.

The Autocannon is a cheap weapon which can easily and cheaply be outfitted on a slower, lighter drone bases. These drones are not not on par with the common laser counterpart but the autocannon variations are more cheaper and common to find and purchase. Another advantage to these drones is the lower power requirement that can be used for the drone.

The ballistic defence drones follow the trend of being the least effective weapon in the battlefield amongst the stars and continue the trend of being cheap and affordable. The Defence autocannon drones are able to shoot down an incoming asteroid or missile however they lack the ability to fire at incoming laser projectiles. Which means the Autocannon Defence drone III is more effective at taking down missiles then the Laser defense drone I and II.

LB-X Cluster Autocannon Drone however is a newer piece of equipment which utilizes it's cluster ammunition to its advantage to take down fast moving combat drones. Allowing it to destroy the enemy drone instead of simply stunning them.

Change logs:

Code: Select all

GO BALLISTIC! 1.3 "OF THE RAILS!"

-added the much waited for long range engagement blue options also known as "Sniper Warfare!", this allows for
  blue options with long range weapons to try to weaken the enemy before combat, or to potentially scare them
  away from a civilians. More weapon packs will use this system as well as more events in the future with their
  releases

-added new weapon type; the Rail Gun.
     -Rail Gun mk I, and II
   [note: blue events for sniper-warfare]

-added new weapon type; the Rail Gun.
     -Rail Gun mk I, and II
   [note: blue events for sniper-warfare]

-Regular and Heavy Machine guns mark II's have new sprites

-added Machine gun array
      [note: will have blue events for giant green alien spider massacre- I mean to events that involve anti-bio weapons]

-added advanced drones (Rail, Gauss, Coil)

GO BALLISTIC! 1.2 "GAUSS WHAT?!"
 -added new weapon type; the Gauss rifle [coil gun].
     -Gauss rifle mk I, II, and III
     -Coil Gun mk I, II, and III
   [note: will have blue events for sniper-warfare in FTL someday in the future]

-added new weapon type; the Machineguns.
     -Machine gun mk I and II [MG I] [MG II]
     -Heavy Machine gun mk I and II [HMG I] [HMG II]
     [note: will have blue events for giant green alien spider massacre- I mean to events that involve anti-bio weapons]

-fixed problem with defence drone base image bugs with the gun and base
  -added Light Autocannon mk I as novelty weapon.

GO BALLISTIC! 1.1 bug fixes
  -fixed issue with rotary autocannons cooldown
  -fixed issues of ballistic drones appearing on enemy rebel ships

GO BALLISTIC! 1.0 launch!
  -added new weapons!
     -Autocannon mk I, II, and III
     -Ultra Autocannon mk I, II, and III
     -Rotary Autocannon mk I, and II
     -LB-X Autocannon mk I, II, and III

-added new drones!
     -Anti ship Autocannon Drone mk I, II, III, and IV
     -Defence Atuocannon Drone mk I, II, III, and IV
     -Anti Drone LBX Autocannon Drone mk I

This mod is compatible with visual, ship, and weapon mods.
Mods that alter weapon lists such as overhauls are not compatible with the regular version of the mod.

DESPITE what the CE thread says, THIS is the load order you'll need to use:

Code: Select all

| GO BALLISTIC! CE Fixes
| All CE resources, data and patches (in the order specified in the CE thread)
| GO BALLISTIC! (main mod)
| GO BALLISTIC! CE Content Patch
V Any ship mods you are using

Download "GO BALLISTIC!" v1.3
Ballistic Ship Loadouts.

CE Fixes
CE Content Patch

If you want to use the weapons from this mod to create your own ship then you have permission to do so as long as you give me; "R4V3-0N", as well as "WhaleCancer", the original modder who created the original assets for the autocannon and sounds which I had modified for this mod.

Special thanks to Noobjuice for creating the now out dated Captains Edition compatibility version of this mod as well as find and fix certain bugs in the mod and Chrono Vortex for helping me fix up and release update 1.3!
If you want to alter the content from this mod and put it in your own mod beyond referencing and requiring my mod to work then please ask permission first before using it. Don't worry I won't bite.
Last edited by R4V3-0N on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:05 am, edited 17 times in total.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
el Rago

Re: [WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.0

Postby el Rago » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:29 pm

I just looove ballistic weapons

gotta give it run. lets see if it works with CE...
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Should work with CE, el Rago. No enemies will have it, but since it's just adding new data, it should be fine and not conflict with anything.

And I'm personally glad to see this out, Raven! Sorry about the launch day troubles; I hope I was of some help ironing them out.
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:09 am

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't autocannons from the "Foundation of the Federation" mod?

EDIT: I just read you credited "WhaleCancer", sorry.
MOMO

Postby MOMO » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:17 am

OOOOH YES!!!! thank you i have been waiting for a new weapons pack thank you very much good sir :D
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:27 am

el Rago wrote:I just looove ballistic weapons

gotta give it run. lets see if it works with CE...

Run the compatibility version of the mod. It'll mean no enemies will have dakka dakka's but even if they did due to all the weapons in CE you will have a hard time finding these weapons even if it was on the enemies.

The normal mod file may have conflicts as it alters some of the weapon lists. This is why I made 2 files.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:33 am

DinosaurDino wrote:Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't autocannons from the "Foundation of the Federation" mod?

EDIT: I just read you credited "WhaleCancer", sorry.

Yes I have. however everything he made in that mod is in 'public domain" now as he gave up and give permission to anyone to use his assets or continue his mod.

However there were only 3 ballistics for him which graphically had 1, 2, and 3 barrels amongst each one.

I changed it so that there is 3 of each kind of ballistic I made (slight influence from battletech). Minus one of the ballistic weapons which has only 2.

A good 2/3'rds or so of the weapons is done from scratch or near scratch by me however the rest is just WhaleCancers. (However I did modify them none the less. I also added a gun flash when it fires!)

I really liked FotF and it's my inspiration to "FTL: Engi Brigade". However unlike him I do hope to get a bit further in...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:37 am

MOMO wrote:OOOOH YES!!!! thank you i have been waiting for a new weapons pack thank you very much good sir :D

You're welcome and I am planning to make more in the future and updating this one as well!
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:18 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
Yes I have. however everything he made in that mod is in 'public domain" now as he gave up and give permission to anyone to use his assets or continue his mod.

Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry if you thought I was accusing you of stealing.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:31 am

DinosaurDino wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry if you thought I was accusing you of stealing.

No problem, it's a fair question.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.