Bay D9 Escape pod - Fed. Makarra (Ship)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
zuesman101

Bay D9 Escape pod - Fed. Makarra (Ship)

Postby zuesman101 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:30 am

Bay D9 Escape pod from the federation Makarra

Hey Guys this is my first (Uploaded) ship mod. It is supposedly an Escape pod. After in game testing It I have decided it is a bit too OP so i will be creating a less OP version soon. Here are a Few pics:

With Rooms

Without Rooms

In Battle

The Destroyer also exists but hasn't been uploaded yet.

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9OWBX ... sp=sharing
Email me at jmfftl@gmail.com

Update 1
I have gotten a few private messages messages saying people have seen the hull before. It was taken off of google images under allowed for commercial use and editing, like most of the other hulls I use. I just don't have the skill to make a custom hull, or the software.

Update 2
I have nerfed the ship. There is no longer a Vulcan, but a chain lazer mk.1. all systems have been nerfed. Health is twenty. You only have a drone recovery arm. Drones are now system repair and beam 1.
Last edited by zuesman101 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
theDoomBox

Re: Bay D9 Escape pod - Fed. Makarra (Ship)

Postby theDoomBox » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:46 pm

Just a little OP? This is ridiculously OP. Can't say much about it, but basically everything needs to be nerfed
zuesman101

Postby zuesman101 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:33 pm

theDoomBox wrote:Just a little OP? This is ridiculously OP. Can't say much about it, but basically everything needs to be nerfed

Like I said it is my first mod. Im thinking of removing waepons and nerfing health down to five. Any suggestions?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:15 pm

zuesman101 wrote:Like I said it is my first mod. Im thinking of removing waepons and nerfing health down to five. Any suggestions?

That's not nerfing, that's making the ship literally unplayable. Why not give it no reactor power while you're at it?

5HP means the first random event that goes wrong will kill you instantly.

If you want to nerf it properly, remove the Pre-igniter, the reloader, the drones and the vulcan. In fact, replace the Vulcan with something like a dual laser, and maybe give it a low-power attack drone (beam or laser, either will do)
Also, reduce shields to 1 layer, engines to 4 bars, power to two bars, drones to 2 bars... basically put the systems on the same level as starter ships.
Yes, even though it's an escape pod.
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:19 pm

zuesman101 wrote:
theDoomBox wrote:Just a little OP? This is ridiculously OP. Can't say much about it, but basically everything needs to be nerfed

Like I said it is my first mod. Im thinking of removing waepons and nerfing health down to five. Any suggestions?

Honestly what would be best would to strip it of all it's systems and start from scratch. You probably want to know the play style of your ship. Is it a boarding ship, or is it a drone carrier, etc. I would advise looking at ships by Dryeagle and taxiservice, so you can get an idea of what's balanced but still fun to play.
zuesman101

Postby zuesman101 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:20 pm

stylesrj wrote:
zuesman101 wrote:Like I said it is my first mod. Im thinking of removing waepons and nerfing health down to five. Any suggestions?

That's not nerfing, that's making the ship literally unplayable. Why not give it no reactor power while you're at it?

If you want to nerf it properly, remove the Pre-igniter, the reloader, the drones and the vulcan. In fact, replace the Vulcan with something like a dual laser, and maybe give it a low-power attack drone (beam or laser, either will do)
Also, reduce shields to 1 layer, engines to 4 bars, power to two bars, drones to 2 bars... basically put the systems on the same level as starter ships.

Thanks for the help. I have been getting mods off this forum for a while so i decided to contribute. I know my first few ships are gonna suck, but thanks for helping me fix this one.
zuesman101

Postby zuesman101 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:20 pm

stylesrj wrote:

Thanks for the help. I have been getting mods off this forum for a while so i decided to contribute. I know my first few ships are gonna suck, but thanks for helping me fix this one.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:35 pm

zuesman101 wrote:Thanks for the help. I have been getting mods off this forum for a while so i decided to contribute. I know my first few ships are gonna suck, but thanks for helping me fix this one.

No problem. Also, theDoomBox has the right idea. Tell yourself what you think the ship should be about. Is it designed to board other players or is it designed to carry drones? Do you want it to be a stealthy evader or a glass cannon?

I'm guessing myself that because it's an escape pod it's supposed to be built around evasion and not taking hits at the expense of everything else. A good ship for a pacifist run, but not good for any other sort of run. After all, you have called the ship an escape pod.
So yeah, find out what you want the ship to be then build it around that.